New Glock Grip?

This is a discussion on New Glock Grip? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Picked up a Glock at a local store the other day and the owner was showing me the "new" grip. The sides were definitely rougher, ...

Thread: New Glock Grip?

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap

Question New Glock Grip?

Picked up a Glock at a local store the other day and the owner was showing me the "new" grip. The sides were definitely rougher, which I didn't care for at all. I felt like I'd have to wear a glove if I was going to fire more than a few rounds.

My G30 is 3rd Gen, and I've never had any problem with the grip. Anyone else seen or tried the newer grip?
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2. Remove Ads

I have. I saw the RTF I thinks it's called on a G19 at a gun show a while back. I would've liked to had it on my G26, but the way I understand it is, it's not quite a standard yet.

I agree it's defiantly got some serious grip to it, but I did like the one I held at the show.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

While I am not a Glock nut, it says something about the quality of a firearm when it is so well built the manufactor can't come up with a real upgrade.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

How about a removable backstrap with multiple inserts to adjust for different sized hands like Walther...

Beware of the new grip fininsh I'm the chief firearms instructor at my dept and the officers are comlaining how it's rubbing on their uniforms and tearing the clothing.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    I have the Glock 22 RTF2 with the new "rough texture finish" and it is pretty aggressive. I put a Hogue hand-all slip on grip on it to cover up some of the roughness as it was very uncomfortable to carry without the slip-on if I was wearing a short sleeve shirt.
    Proud NRA member

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    That's about what I expected to hear.

Also, I've heard rumors that future Glocks will have interchangeable backstraps for the grips to adjust to different size hands. Just makes sense to me; makes a good product better. Not sure how much room top play there is in something like the G21 or 30, but gun fits more hands=more sales.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Picked up a Glock at a local store the other day and the owner was showing me the "new" grip. The sides were definitely rougher, which I didn't care for at all. I felt like I'd have to wear a glove if I was going to fire more than a few rounds.

My G30 is 3rd Gen, and I've never had any problem with the grip. Anyone else seen or tried the newer grip?
    I saw this new grip yesterday and I don't like it either but the guy at the gun shop said that they can't get enough of them quickly enough. I gues some guys just have to have the latest and greatest even though it may not be an improvement. It's just like the car business, why do you think they redesign every car every 3-4 years?
    SEMPER FI
    Life member: DAV
    Life member: USMC
    Life member: MOPH
    Member: NRA
    Life member: VVA

Links