S&W 342 Ti

This is a discussion on S&W 342 Ti within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is my Lil Smithy,....There are many like it,...But this one is mine.........Great for concealment..light weight...small...but,.......lemme tell you about that recoil!!! WOW!!!! and my target ...

Thread: S&W 342 Ti

S&W 342 Ti

This is my Lil Smithy,....There are many like it,...But this one is mine.........Great for concealment..light weight...small...but,.......lemme tell you about that recoil!!! WOW!!!! and my target picture was a weee bit off!
    1. Dum spiramus tuebimur -"While we breath, we shall defend"

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    can you post pictures? Glad ya like your revo. My buddy really likes his 340 for carry.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I don't know how. I have them in my computer, but it only allows me to go to a URL. Any suggestions?

Assistant Administrator
    If pics not too large - attach them.

Under the reply message window look for ''Manage Attachments' - select ''browse'' and go find your pics on your hard drive. Then upload and they should appear as thumbnails in your post - and link to the full size pics if clicked on.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Thanks P95....I think there too big,...I tried that and it came up Error "Still Processing".... I'll have to try and get it smaller. Thanks for the come back though. Will post when I succeed......

342Ti Pic

Whoa now!!! Think I've got it!!
    Attached Images

Assistant Administrator
    There ya go Great.

BTW if you download Irfanview (freebie) from http://www.irfanview.com/ you may find it real handy for resizing and small tweaks on pics.

Do you find that grip adequate BTW? I have a prob with such small grips - pinkie is floating in space!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

The grip is quite small. My pinky does the same thing. That's what I was talking about in the original post, it actually "Torques" in your palm during fire, ......ouch......but....it's family now and I'll proudly carry it. Don't even feel that the Lil Feller's there when carrying. Thanks for the help there Chris.....

Hey, if you'd like to be able to post fullsize pics I highly recommend http://www.photobucket.com
    You can register for a free account and then upload pics from your computer into your online space (like you did in your last post). After that ya' just copy the "IMG" tag line into your post and Walah, pics! Works great and they automatically resize any file you upload that's over 1Mg.
    Jack

Thanks Jack......I'll give er a try.Gettin to know just enough to get me in a bucket of trouble!!! Have a good one.....Gary

I have carried a 342 for a few years now and I love that little gun. In fact I have it in a Kramer pocket holster as I type this. I carried a 649 Bodyguard for a while, but like the light weight of the 342. I put Eagle Rosewood Secret Service grips on mine. I usually go with pocket carry, especially at work, although occasionally I use a Galco ankle holster for deep concealment. Speer 135 gr. Gold Dots for carry ammo.

I do not find the recoil too bad with regular .38 loads, +p's get a bit more challenging, but are still not too bad. I took Michael de Bethencourt's Mastering the Snubby Revolver class and put better then 200 rds of +p ammo through it that day. Just the little added stress and pressure of being in a class made the recoil feel negligible. I don't remeber being even mildly aware of the recoil during the class. This would lead me to believe that under the stress of a real life or death situation that recoil really would not be an issue.

In terms of accuracy I think that a snubby requires a lot of practice, certainly more then a full sized handgun. I put at least 50 rds a week through mine, sometimes more. I am not a great shot, but at 30' I can consistently put all 5 shots rapid fire within 3" - 4", good enough for personal defense. Also when I am at the range I always use speed strips and/or speedloaders to reload. I just focus on being smooth and try to get a little faster. My snubby is always with me. I may carry a larger gun at different times, but my 342 is my constant companion.

Links