Defensive Carry banner

Has anyone converted a Sig to DAO?

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Dave James 
#1 ·
I have a sig P239 (early model) and P230 and I am really thinking of converting the P239 (or both) to DAO.. I really like the same trigger pull all the time.

Has anyone done this with a Sig and would you do it again?

Does anyone know of a Sig Armorer in the Lynchburg/Roanoke/Charlottesville (or even Richmond) area that could do this? Or does it need to be done by Sig?

thanks for any thoughts

Brian

#2 ·
Not all models & variations of SIG pistols can be converted to DAO.
I'm not sure which can or cannot.
Somebody else will (for sure) know.

IIRC the price is somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 to 125 ...dollars which should include parts.

#3 ·
I have. Converted a Sig 226R to DAO. I replaced the DA/SA hammer with a DAO hammer. I've heard you can machine off the SA sears on the hammer and accomplish the same thing, of course you can't go back then unless you buy a new hammer. As I recall the only other thing you need to do is remove the decocker.

But I don't know about the 239.

#5 ·
Be advised that if you call customer service,, and ask for the parts to convert to DAO, they will tell you its factory done only.

The secret is to call them and request the parts, don't say any thing about converting

239 shouldn't be a problem,, but as I remember the 230 can't be converted,, thats why they brought out the 232, it was redesigned just a tad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.