Swapped out my layaway.

This is a discussion on Swapped out my layaway. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Exactly. this is only the second Commander I've seen in my area over the last several months, the other was a .38 Super - still ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swapped out my layaway.

Exactly. this is only the second Commander I've seen in my area over the last several months, the other was a .38 Super - still kicking myself for not grabbing that one when I had the chance, just to add to the collection.
    Jack

2. Remove Ads

OD*
    Why are Colts becoming so pricey??????????
    Historically, Colt's have always been pricey and demand for the most part, has always exceeded supply.

Many people who don't know any better, blather on about Colt forsaking the civilian market in favor of military contracts as part and parcel of the shortage.
    What they don't say, or they don't know is, Colt has always been about military contracts first. Starting with the 1836, the Walker, the 1873, the 1911, etc.
    Last edited by OD*; May 3rd, 2006 at 09:35 AM.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

To really see some wild prices just take a look at the Colt SAA. I'd love to have one but last time I checked they were three times the price of a Ruger Vaquero. Can't really justify that since it'd be a true safe queen if I bought one, never got into CAS sports - does look like fun though!
    Jack

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    I've got the 1070XSE which is the Government version....
    Once broken in, the pistol is hard to beat and will be worth more in the long run than the XD...
    Although, I may be interested in getting one of those XD's in the future....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Dimmak: How was the trigger pull on your XSE when you got it? I'm not sure if I want to have a trigger job done or not but if I do it'll get a 4 lb. short trigger with solid pad.

I'd like to get a matching Gov't. eventually, also an Officer's ACP to round out the set.
    Jack

The trigger pull on my Colt XSE is approx 4.5 to 5 pounds. this is exactly where I like mine on a carry gun IMO. Your results may vary.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    that is a good choice. I have contemplated buying an XD45 since it hit the market. But in the end I opted to stay with the 1911 platform. I am glad to see I am not the only one that had to mull over that decision, luckily for you, it happened before you brought the XD home. that colt is a beautiful gun. congrats on your decision. now maybe a presentation grade def con or MC5 from GB?
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    Sounds like a good choice for you. I would think the Colt will be a better bet for the long haul. Glad you are happy with the choice.

Lead Moderator
    If it works best for you, more power to ya. Enjoy your Colt.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Good choice I had a Springer Champion on lay a way . Walk in shop and a used Colt Commander in case. I did a quick going over and told them to put Springer back in case this Colt going home with me.I choose a Colt any day of the week
    1990, 1992 Colt Mustang 1941 Colt USGI 1951 Colt Commander 9MM
    1972 Colt Combat Commander 1994,1997 Colt Officer ACPs 2001 Colt LTW Commander 2005 Colt Defender 2007 Dan Wesson
    early Detonics come visit http://www.americanclassic1911forum.com or www.bersachat.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links