Taurus millenium pro PT145? - Page 2

Taurus millenium pro PT145?

This is a discussion on Taurus millenium pro PT145? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have the 9mm PT111 Taurus and carry it most of the time. Great guns the Taurus. Have a G26 under the tree as an ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have the 9mm PT111 Taurus and carry it most of the time. Great guns the Taurus. Have a G26 under the tree as an alternate, lot's of flexibility as some one said earlier. If I were you I would asap on that PT145.

I have three Taurus Millenium pistols. I bought the 2nd gen PT111 MilPro 1st then I got the 2nd gen PT140 MilPro not long after. When the 3rd gen of milleniums came out, I bought the PT145 Pro SA/DA. I have not had any FTF's or FTE's with any of them. I'm not sure why some people complain that these guns are inaccurate but I have no problems shooting them and hitting the targets.
    Freedom isn't free! Don't ever take it forgranted!

I had one and sold it so I could buy a Glock. Never liked the sights and had too many FTF/FTE. It was an OK gun but I just couldn't trust it for defensive carry.

I just got a PT145 several weeks ago. Really like this gun, LOVE the 10 +1 .45acp in such a concealable package. Like the fact it comes with two mags....nice smooth trigger pull. Intresting sights. Not any problems. Overall, a nice gun with a very competetive pricetag.

I have included my experience with that gun in post 57 and 71 in this thread,

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ood-bad-8.html

I hope this helps you.

They are great guns, Never had a problem with any of mine. BUT, customer service sucks badly. I needed A new spring (mine rolled off the table and I walked on it) and I called them and they wanted me to send the gun in just for the spring. After about an hour on the phone telling them Iím not going to send all of it in for just a spring I just ended up telling them I would pay for the new one and they didn't have to warranty it....
    34 hand guns and still going.....

EX-NRA lifetime Member

I've carried my PT145 for about two years now. It's an excellent concealed carry choice. Just over 2,000 rounds through it without it's first hiccup yet.
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -- Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

I have been carrying a Pt 145 .45 cal 3rd generation for about 1 year and also my primary CCW. Put 500 flawless rounds through. I have a shoulder rig and a IWB holster from HighNoon Holsters. I love this gun and if would buy another. Sounds like you found a great buy.. GET IT!

Thanks guys I'm going to put her on layaway tomorrow.
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Theman9mm View Post
    They are great guns, Never had a problem with any of mine. BUT, customer service sucks badly. I needed A new spring (mine rolled off the table and I walked on it) and I called them and they wanted me to send the gun in just for the spring. After about an hour on the phone telling them Iím not going to send all of it in for just a spring I just ended up telling them I would pay for the new one and they didn't have to warranty it....
    why would you expect them to warranty a spring that you damaged in the first place?...

Quote Originally Posted by Theman9mm View Post
    I bought my first Taurus a couple of months ago, PT709 Slim, and I love it. I've put a couple hundred rounds through it with no problems. I've read lots of great reviews, but I sense a ton of negative sentiments about Taurus semi autos on this forum. Perhaps past experiences or reputation. In my opinion, if they had done a blind test with this gun (no name on it) and had people take it, test it, shoot it, and carry it for a while they would fall in love with it. JMO.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I like mine, I don't really use it for carry but wouldn't hesitate to do so if I needed to.

The only thing I hated about it was the straight 8 sights, so I changed them over to Williams Fire Sights (fiber optics).......though part of me wishes I had a 2nd Gen DAO instead of the Gen3 SA/DA-restrike.
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I've read lots of great reviews, but I sense a ton of negative sentiments about Taurus semi autos on this forum. Perhaps past experiences or reputation. In my opinion, if they had done a blind test with this gun (no name on it) and had people take it, test it, shoot it, and carry it for a while they would fall in love with it. JMO.
    Agreed......literaly, every pistol I own I've noticed the same thing you just wrote for each of them...kinda funny I think. I just say "whatever...mine work".

I have no prior history with Taurus and really had no preconceived notions about the company or their products. I simply took this product as it was presented and reviewed and decided it was what I was looking for and have been pleased. I was a die-hard revolver man for 20+ years and had preferences to Ruger and S&W. This was a departure for me in many ways.

Glock has an impecable reputation for good reason. My only experience with them is firing my buddy's .40 caliber Glock and it was not comfortable for me. I do like the Glock 26 pictured above in this thread. I will likely have a Glock in my safe at some point...just another reason to grow the collection.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links