RAMI SEASON! Wringing Out the RAMI

This is a discussion on RAMI SEASON! Wringing Out the RAMI within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Catbird I, on the other hand, prefer my P-01 to my RAMI. They're both nice guns, however if I could own just ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RAMI SEASON! Wringing Out the RAMI

Quote Originally Posted by Catbird
    I, on the other hand, prefer my P-01 to my RAMI. They're both nice guns, however if I could own just one or the other, I would choose the P-01.

Can't go wrong either way!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

2. Remove Ads

I'm with you on this gun.....I've started taking a real liking to the RAMI too. Bought a 3-yr old (.40 S&W) used one at gun show a few weeks ago. Bumper and I tried it out at the range and although I was having occasional feed problems, I was really impressed with this gun. I was keeping tennis ball patterns at 20' with it without taking much time in my aim. The recoil was very light, unexpected really, since this is my first .40 and of comments I've heard in the past. The little CZ is really a comfortable gun to shoot. It is about the same size as my Mauser, but a bit wider. I've gone so far as to order another Tucker holster for it that'll match the one for my Nighthawk.

On the downside, I was unable to find any RAMI parts (springs) out there...finally got hold of CZ-USA and ordered two complete sets. I'll let ya know how it works out.
    "Endeavor To Persevere"
    Chief Dan George

OK. I am seriously looking at getting a conceal weapon in 9mm. At this point I am torn between a CZ RAMI 9mm or a Taurus Mil Pro 9mm. I really like the Taurus line of weapons and feel this would be a good company to go with. There is nothing wrong with CZ, in matter of fact, CZ is literally in my backyard.

Here is my beef with the RAMI, The upper seemed not to be very tall thus IMO, seemed difficult to operate incase I needed to clear my weapon (or other emergency) in a combative situation.

What I did like, the weapon was all metal, not as light as the Taurus mil pro, but not as heavy as a sig or ruger. I REALLY liked the weight and feel.

CZ RAMI is 500.00 without tax.
    Taurus Mil Pro is 300.00 without tax.

Am I justified in feeling this way ?? Does anyone have a problem grabbing the slide or operating the slide ??

Thanks

1. $500 + tax is high for a RAMI, IMO -- I paid $429 + tax for mine and $429 for my P-01, as well.

2. I know what you mean about the slide feeling a tad perculiar and I have to agree that it is a bit more difficult to grasp; there's less surface area because the slide rails are inside the frame rails which is opposite of most semi-autos. You will get accustomed to it, though.
    Last edited by Catbird; May 5th, 2006 at 01:40 PM.
    ONE NATION UNDER GOD

CZ always made great weapons I had a 1984 CZ 75 I bought at the rod and gun club on post in Germany in 1984 and its been a great pistol. Ended up selling it bout 7 years ago and wish I kept it. Been looking hard at CZ again for a new fullsize 9mm

Distinguished Member
    I've always liked the looks of the Rami, just need to hold it and shoot it to see how much I like it. Right now I alternate my carry between a Glock 19 and a Cz P-01, with the P-01 getting most of the time now. The CZ feels much better to me, a more natural fit for my hand.
    RKBA

John

I agree. The RAMi was an awesome fit for me. Just didn't care much for the slide not being very tall and hard to grab, and the slide release was a little far away from the thumb.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links