Defensive Carry banner

RAMI SEASON! Wringing Out the RAMI

3K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  kansas_shooter 
#1 ·
Summer is on the wayy!!! Time for the Mini-Z to take over:) 150 rounds of pure shooting pleasure! Load was
115 gr.Remington JHP over healthy dose of HS-6.
14-round mag in place:

25 round mag in place:

See less See more
#5 ·
Good to see that - thx for the great pics. I have yet to own any CZ (discounting my venerable 52!) - but the Rami has caught my eye a good many times.

#8 ·
I really do like the look of those CZs. Very nice pistolos you have there!

#11 ·
Second handgun I ever bought was my .40 RAMI and it still often does primary carry duty. Of course, it has the mandatory Pek grips and HBE Leatherworks holster. Love the way it feels and shoots, more accurate than it should be, very easy to conceal. Glad you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine!:danceban:

#12 ·
Even though I named the P-01 for CZ, I never warmed up to it.
100% reliable, but my preB guns were a bit longer and heavier..
just shot better in my hands.

With the arrival of the RAMI, my P-01 and CZ83 gathered dust.
The early .40 models had some problems. I think that the mags were the big issue. You almost never hear of probs with the 9mms.

#15 ·
Those RAMI's are sweet looking. I've owned a PCR for a couple years and it fits my hand better than most of my weapons. Hence, better shooting IMO.
I just brought home a CZ83 in Satin Nickle that I had planned to give to my daughter, but it looks so nice.....I don't know.
Now you have me thinking of this RAMI. I have the map to the "Poor House."

#17 ·
I'm with you on this gun.....I've started taking a real liking to the RAMI too. Bought a 3-yr old (.40 S&W) used one at gun show a few weeks ago. Bumper and I tried it out at the range and although I was having occasional feed problems, I was really impressed with this gun. I was keeping tennis ball patterns at 20' with it without taking much time in my aim. The recoil was very light, unexpected really, since this is my first .40 and of comments I've heard in the past. The little CZ is really a comfortable gun to shoot. It is about the same size as my Mauser, but a bit wider. I've gone so far as to order another Tucker holster for it that'll match the one for my Nighthawk.

On the downside, I was unable to find any RAMI parts (springs) out there...finally got hold of CZ-USA and ordered two complete sets. I'll let ya know how it works out.:rolleyes:

#18 ·
OK. I am seriously looking at getting a conceal weapon in 9mm. At this point I am torn between a CZ RAMI 9mm or a Taurus Mil Pro 9mm. I really like the Taurus line of weapons and feel this would be a good company to go with. There is nothing wrong with CZ, in matter of fact, CZ is literally in my backyard.

Here is my beef with the RAMI, The upper seemed not to be very tall thus IMO, seemed difficult to operate incase I needed to clear my weapon (or other emergency) in a combative situation.

What I did like, the weapon was all metal, not as light as the Taurus mil pro, but not as heavy as a sig or ruger. I REALLY liked the weight and feel.

CZ RAMI is 500.00 without tax.
Taurus Mil Pro is 300.00 without tax.

Am I justified in feeling this way ?? Does anyone have a problem grabbing the slide or operating the slide ??

Thanks

#19 · (Edited)
1. $500 + tax is high for a RAMI, IMO -- I paid $429 + tax for mine and $429 for my P-01, as well.

2. I know what you mean about the slide feeling a tad perculiar and I have to agree that it is a bit more difficult to grasp; there's less surface area because the slide rails are inside the frame rails which is opposite of most semi-autos. You will get accustomed to it, though.

#21 ·
I've always liked the looks of the Rami, just need to hold it and shoot it to see how much I like it. Right now I alternate my carry between a Glock 19 and a Cz P-01, with the P-01 getting most of the time now. The CZ feels much better to me, a more natural fit for my hand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.