Defensive Carry banner

The "Official" 1911 Thread

461K views 3K replies 479 participants last post by  sprmx199 
#1 ·
i was perusing the forums a few minutes ago, and i noticed there were threads dedicated to knives, Glocks, and snubbies. but, no 1911s.

:blink:

are you guys kidding me?

let's see those 1911s, people!

My Taurus PT1911:

Llama IX (Commander size), that was stolen out of my van:mad::

See less See more
#134 ·
Current EDC: (not a safe queen, it gets shot & carried a LOT! You can tell by the bluing wear on front strap & around the grip.....& this the 'good side', the left has even more wear on it.)

Attachments

#142 ·
Holy moly! This thread is killing me . . . seeing so many beauties together (that do not belong to me :embarassed:) is like torture. Congrats to all the lucky owners of those beautiful pieces! :congrats:

Reactions: OD*
#145 · (Edited)
well i'm not a fan of laser grips. in a defensive situation you're most likely gonna have about half second to skin leather and fire a shot. you're not going to have time to look for the little red dot.

however, laser sights are good for practicing trigger control & proper grip at the range.

that being said, i'm a fan of springfield 1911's. :image035:

Reactions: sparkyfender
#148 ·
Well...ok!

Heres my carry piece, day in, day out. Pro Carry II, my first brand new handgun I ever bought and by far the most expensive. I know compared to some guys collections a single lone Kimber isnt all that impressive but I sure love it! I had to wait almost a year to buy my 1911 and only by pure dumb luck did I manage to find one I could afford!

Alex!

#151 ·
So nice to see so many full-size 1911's for carry. I really like some of the set-ups I see here. You guys rock! This is mine, still shopping for a better holster than the plastic belt slide that came in the gear package from Springfield. I'm thinking of a FIST #11. What do you all think of this holster? Its a combination IWB/OWB. Can a holster truly do double-duty?

Attachments

Reactions: DixieChika
#159 ·
Just had show some of the my 1911's. Two unfired series 70's with ivories. Colt commander LW with stags and my former favorite carry piece"NRM commander hard chromed from Ford's". Now I carry a DW CBOB when I carry a .45.

Attachments