Maybe someone can help?

Maybe someone can help?

This is a discussion on Maybe someone can help? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello everyone!! This is my first post..of many! I visit this site al the time and is my favoite online forum for handguns and carying ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe someone can help?

Maybe someone can help?

Hello everyone!! This is my first post..of many! I visit this site al the time and is my favoite online forum for handguns and carying questions of any sort. Just want to start off by saying you guys rock!!

Now I know you all have heard this question before so I'm sory and please don't attack me with insults. I used to own a Sig P229 .40 and got rid of it not too long ago...why you ask?? I'm an idiot! Ever since I got rid of it and sold it to my friend (needed cash BAD) I've been craving and dreaming of owning another weapon. Now I have shot plenty of guns and have experience with different calibers and how they react after the trigger is pulled.

Now here i the question. I'm goign to buy a new handgun soon...I have a few in mind..Sig P239, Glock 23, HK USPc. I am about 5'10 180. I'm not a big guy, and wear moe form fitting clothes, not too baggy...not skin tight emo ****. I was thinking of getting a deep concealed IWB o a Smart Carry holster...but out of your professional opinions which gun would best be concealed on me? I've shot them all and like them all the same, I'm not too picky...just wondering which would conceal best on me.

Thanks Guys!

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum!!!
    Only you can determine what gun is going to be easy for you to carry. If you aren't willing to change your method of dress you are going to severely limit your choices. Snug fitting clothing will make it difficult to carry IWB. If you are looking for something to carry in a smartcarry, you probably want to look at the G27, instead of the G23. I can't comment on the others, since I have no personal experience with them.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Te only thing I don't like about the 27 is my pinky hangs off and I feel like I don't have a safe grip. Now I never shot one so that is just a opinion of holding it in my hand in the gun store. I was thinking a summer gun could be a Kahr P9 or something...but in winter I dont mind dressing a little baggier...plus hoodies and my leather.

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    I think you answered your own question with selling the 229!

I'd go with the 239 out of your choices! Fantastic pistol and very easy to hide as it's a skinny one. Very hard to wrong with a Sig. They're like the "Energizer Bunny".

Don't feel bad. I've been an idiot on quite a few occasions by selling guns I should of held onto.
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

As long as your trousers aren't too tight, you can conceal a G26 or G27 very well in a Smartcarry. I added the Pearce pinky extension, because I also do not like having my pinky dangling in the breeze while I shoot. It still eliminates the part of the grip that prints - the bottom rear corner.

Pleated pants in darker colors would be even better, if that fits your style.

Try them at a range. See which you prefer.

Sigs are great, but a bit heavy due to their all steel construction. Glocks are lighter, but still controllable, especially in 9mm. XD's and S&W M&P's are worth a look too.
    Last edited by 10thmtn; December 15th, 2009 at 09:10 PM. Reason: brain fart, lack of sleep!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Ever think about a j frame??
    Current collection: Too many according to the wife...

I am 5'7" 150 and I carry a 26 in a smart carry daily. I am very pleased and my wife likes the fact that I can tuck my shirts in when we go to dinner. I have other options in jeans and tshirts but in work attire its a perfect combo for me.

VIP Member
    Get yourself another Sig, you regret getting rid of the one you had. You'll regret not getting another one when you have the chance. Don't make the same mistake again!

Nothing beats a SIG!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

I vote for the Sig personally.

BUMP!

Well thanks so far for all input! If you put a pink extension on a Glock 27 wouldn't it almost be exact to a 19 or 23? I dig all the choices, there is a good chance I'll go with the sig since it is thin, single stack and would fit me great..plus I love Sig. But I just think there might be others out there I could look into. I ALWAYS wanted a HK USPc .40, always...and think that might be good enough size...I mean it's shorter then the 229....slightly longer then the 239 and in the gun store I personally couldn't tell too much of a difference in width between the USPc and the 239. There WAS a difference but nothing to dramatic...I just hate when it's time to buy a new gun...I WANT THEM ALL!!

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Glock-wise, if you want a concealable .40, the 27 may be just the ticket.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Have you ever shot a H&K P7? They are a bit heavy but conceal very well and mine is the most accurate pistol I've ever shot. Recoil is nil and thanks to it's grip design is also the fastest for me on follow up shots as the recoil comes straight back with virtually no muzzle flip.

Once you've tried one you will be impressed. At least I was and still am. I't my go to CCW when I'm venturing into iffy locals with a S&W 36 as it's BUG.

TT Gunleather IWB
    Last edited by Sportsterguy; December 17th, 2009 at 06:31 AM.
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Welcome from Las Vegas, Nevada!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

Go Glock!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sig p239.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links