Defensive Carry banner

Which would you buy in the .40?

Wait for the new Generation 4 Glock, or get the M & P?

6K views 43 replies 35 participants last post by  basher052 
#1 ·
OK, if you were in the market for a new .40 caliber pistol, what would you get? The new generation Glock should be available before too long, but is it worth the wait?

#38 ·
Just get both! Like it was said, "Both are fine pistols" +1

"Block", "Brick" or "tupperware" they still run like thoroughbreds. It wasn't made specifically for you and your mitts. It's obviously a excellent platform and nothing will change that fact. If getting both isnt an option. Get your tail down to the GS and pick up one of each. Which ever one trips your trigger, get it. Then take it out and shoot the poop outa it.

JSGOTI :022:

GBK

#42 ·
I have a G23 and have shot it a lot. I also have and carry a 642 for NPE. IMHO the M&P looks better and does feel better in my hand. Right now I'm debating on adding the G27 or the M&P compact to my stable. The only concern I have is reliability and longevity of the Smith. I know the Glock will pass the test but as many have stated it is kind of chunky and for me at least it is less ergonomic but is something I can live with. I don't like the flimsy look of the M&P trigger. It looks like a future fail point. If all else was equal I'd probably give Smith a try. That's the big question, isn't it? :image035:

#44 ·
Went and played with the M&P and the G23 at the store this week. The clerk said he had a friend who was fortunate enough to break his trigger on the M&P 40. Im guessing if this were a big problem we would hear more talk of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.