Kimber ultra carry?

This is a discussion on Kimber ultra carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Kimber ultra carry. I've been looking at one of these beauties, just wondering if anybody has any input on them. Does anyone have one?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kimber ultra carry?

Kimber ultra carry?

Kimber ultra carry. I've been looking at one of these beauties, just wondering if anybody has any input on them. Does anyone have one?
    When SHTF I don't call 911, I call 1911
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.
    Kimber ultra carry II stainless steel
    HK uspc

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I have a Tactical Ultra II... It's a great gun... Extremely accurate. I use Wilson mags and have no issues with it at all... It carries really well IWB...

Get one, you won't be disappointed...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I have the Ultra CDP...almost same gun...I like it!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I want the Ultra CDP
    Whitestone Castle Armory, Austin TX
    http://www.wcarmory.com/
    Stuff For Sale http://forsale.wcptexas.com

What are your reasons for choosing this model? I considered getting a 3-3.5" barrel 1911 but decided that a commander length slide is just as easily concealed and not much heavier plus the advantages of a having a longer barrel, a little more weight and more rounds in the gun. Just food for thought.

I have an Ultra Carry II, and love it. Light enough and small enough to carry all of the time. In hind sight, I might get the Commander model to have the extra length on the barrel.

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by GotCBOB View Post
    What are your reasons for choosing this model? I considered getting a 3-3.5" barrel 1911 but decided that a commander length slide is just as easily concealed and not much heavier plus the advantages of a having a longer barrel, a little more weight and more rounds in the gun. Just food for thought.
    It isn't the length of the slide or barrel that hinders concealment, but, rather, the size of the grip. I believe the commander has the larger grip, with the Ultra Carry having the officer sized grip, which makes it easier to conceal.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

I too have an UC II model. It is my EDC, and very easy for me to conceal. With my UBG Striker IWB holster I can conceal well (while comfy N cool) all year round.

I had a CDP Ultra II. Loved it. It was very accurate and the nights sights were BRIGHT. I ended up trading it on an older Elite Carry because that's what I really wanted in the first place. It has a 4'' barrel and still has the officer's grip (which I prefer). The Elite Carry is basically Kimber's CDP Compact before they offered the CDP line.
    "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

UCII

I've had one for a year or so in 9mm, EDC in a Tucker IWB and love it. Never had a malfunction of any kind. I put 24/7 night sights on it. Have shot the .45 and like it as well.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I can't speak from personal experience on Kimbers, but my son's often has a FTE, and the only other guy I know with one has feeding problems also. He's ready to sell it. I'd check with others who own and shoot before I spent that much money on one.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I have the UC II. Awesome gun. No FTF yet. Easy to conceal. My favorite weapon. I also have a .40 Springfield XD sub compact, but since I bought the Kimber I never carry the XD anymore...:) It's so damn fat.

I have the Compact CDP II that has the shorter officer grip but 4" barrel. I love this pistol and the extra barrel length IMO makes a difference. I was looking at the Crimson Ultra Carry but went with the CDP.
    Woman With A Gun

Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession. - George Washington

I have the UCCII (with crimson trace laser grips) that's great. Relatively lightweight (with the right belt and holster you forget you have it on) and a fine shooter. Mine has run perfect right out of the box. The only thing I changed was having the front strap checkered.

After going back to kimber my UC II is great

My EDC is a Ultra Cary II.

I bought it new and went through the 500 round break in period recommended by Kimber. The whole time the gun suffered from FTEs, some FTF(eed), and sometimes the slide would lock back before the magazine was empty. This continued on after the break in period so I sent the gun back to Kimber. It took Kimber about 5 months to get the gun back to me but since its come back it's been great. I've put a couple of thousand rounds of both FMJ and JHP without problems. I've also shot this gun in IDPA matches with no problems that could be blamed to the gun (on one stage I had to shoot at an awkward angle and limp wristed the gun which caused FTEs).

So if you get a good one, the UC II is a great gun. If you get one with issues send it back and Kimber will make it right.
    Rob

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links