Calling all Kahr shooters - Page 10

Calling all Kahr shooters

This is a discussion on Calling all Kahr shooters within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I used Gunzilla to clean my Kahr CW9 and Breakfree CLP for lubrication. One drop on each rail on the frame and a drop wiped ...

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Calling all Kahr shooters

I used Gunzilla to clean my Kahr CW9 and Breakfree CLP for lubrication. One drop on each rail on the frame and a drop wiped on the barrel and one on the recoil spring guide rod. NO hiccups during the break in period.
    God bless our troops!

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    a drop or two of oil on the rails is fine, if all you are doing is popping a few rounds at the range. If the gun (don't matter what it is) is your daily carry, those couple of drops of oil will gravitate to the muzzle, into your holster and be useless for a slide lube in 2-3 days. That's the reason some of us use a light coating of high quality grease on the rails... it has staying power.

surv

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    a drop or two of oil on the rails is fine, if all you are doing is popping a few rounds at the range. If the gun (don't matter what it is) is your daily carry, those couple of drops of oil will gravitate to the muzzle, into your holster and be useless for a slide lube in 2-3 days. That's the reason some of us use a light coating of high quality grease on the rails... it has staying power.
    - I've never used grease on my guns. Can you recommend a brand or type to try?

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    ... That's the reason some of us use a light coating of high quality grease on the rails...
    Such as moly slide paste or Militec metal conditioning grease, right? Help me here - we're trying to overcome 50 years of working on cars...
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    - I've never used grease on my guns. Can you recommend a brand or type to try?
    I have used TW25B made by Mil Com Products. This works great for auto slides. I started using it on my P380 and immediately could tell a difference in racking the slide. Also have some of Brian Enos ' Slide-Glide I am going to try. This also comes highly recommended. Both come in small tubes,syringes, and tubs. I think Sig recommends TW25B for their auto pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by got2hav1 View Post
    I have used TW25B made by Mil Com Products. This works great for auto slides. I started using it on my P380 and immediately could tell a difference in racking the slide.
    Ditto, here.

While I have not yet survived a long, hot summer with the TW25B light grease, it has been working extremely well on each of my pistols and rifles the past several weeks.

Particularly good on slide rails, barrel lugs and the outside of barrels, it refuses to slide off the gun into the mechanisms or onto the holster. Of the few grease products I have tried, this one seems to repel dirt and gunge. Even after 500rds of shooting and pocket carry, guns seem cleaner with it, than before.

I've used it on the rails, underside of the slide, barrel lugs, outside of the barrel, the feed ramp areas in the frame and barrel, under the trigger "arm" mechanicals where it wears against the frame, on the lip of the extractor head, on the base of the hammer, on the magazine lips, on the outside of the magazine (lightly). I have yet to find anyplace it causes binding, slowing or degrades performance in the least way. Quite the opposite, actually.

The only place where I have been avoid the light grease is on very tight guns, such as the Kahr P380 and the STI Shadow 1911's rails. As those loosen up, I imagine the grease will begin to work very well on the tight spots, as well. On these areas, I have been using the Mil-Comm MC-2500 semi-fluid oil. It's a bit thicker than most "runny" oils I have used in the past. Seems to improve the ability to hang around even with extended range sessions, very hot barrels. Doesn't leak off the gun as easily. Smooth as "buttah," just like the light grease.

About 15yrs ago, I was introduced to light synthetic greases with the Ultima-Lube product by Wilson Combat. So far, at least, I would say that Mil-Comm's TW25B light grease is at least its equal. Very smooth, stays very much in place, makes a gun immediately work better wherever it is placed.

If it performs equally well throughout the hot summer months as it has so far, I would say this is the best grease product for firearms that I have used.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I use Shooter's Choice All Weather High-Tech Grease that comes in a handy syringe.

My son and I use it and it's in the gun department at Gander Mountain and other stores.

Stays where you put it and is rated for -65F to +350F temperatures. The syringe holds 10 mL of lube.

I put it on all rail areas, barrel exterior, recoil spring, and extractor areas.
    Walther P99 AS full size 9mm
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

NRA
    Michigan Sheriff's Association
    “The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall

I use this on my Full Auto weapons, all of my other guns, and it works like a charm. I've been using it since about 1985. It's called Dri Slide. Here's the website for those who might want to look at it.
    https://www.russack.com/
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    I use this on my Full Auto weapons, all of my other guns, and it works like a charm. I've been using it since about 1985. It's called Dri Slide. Here's the website for those who might want to look at it.
    https://www.russack.com/
    The primary ingredient is molybdenum disulfide suspended in an oil or grease. MD is the same stuff that's in the Armor Tuff coating by Wilson Combat, in the KG Kote coating, Robar's Roguard finish, Kimber's KimPro finish, Brownell's moly bore treatment paste, and other products.

Dri-Slide® molybdenum disulfide (“moly”) based lubricants are applied wet and then leave a dry lubricant bonded to metal surfaces after the liquid carrier has evaporated. Dri-Slide® lubricants will not attract dirt, dust, sand, or other airborne particulates. Use them in place of grease and oils on all metal-to-metal contact surfaces.
    Class3NH, have you used just the moly oil, or have you also tried their grease product?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by chiboxer View Post
    I am considering purchasing either a Kahr PM9 or a CW45. Lately, however, I have been hearing some bad stuff about Kahr's specifically as it relates to reliability issues. Are these just isolated examples? I realize that people only post things online when they have problems with a product, but I really don't want to purchase a firearm just to have to send it back to the factory 2 or 3 times. Any input from you Kahr shooters would be greatly appreciated.
    I picked up my PM9 a few weeks back. I took to the range once since the purchase and it ran perfect. Not one failure of any kind. I cleaned an oiled well and manually racked the slide about 200 cycles prior to my first shot with it. I ran 150 FMJ 115gr PMC and WWB and 50 Gold Dot JHP's.

I've got a P9 that has eaten absolutely EVERYTHING I've fed it. It's my daily carry, and has had zero failures or issues of any kind at all. I love my Kahr, and will not hesitate to pick up a PM9 when funds allow.

I have had a number of post regarding my PM9. It initially was a jam-o-matic. Went through a bunch of stuff, finally went back to Kahr, they replaced the everything but the barrel, and at first it was 98%, but the last 250 rounds have been perfect.
    You should not have any special fondness for a particular weapon, or anything else, for that matter
    Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    The primary ingredient is molybdenum disulfide suspended in an oil or grease. MD is the same stuff that's in the Armor Tuff coating by Wilson Combat, in the KG Kote coating, Robar's Roguard finish, Kimber's KimPro finish, Brownell's moly bore treatment paste, and other products.

Class3NH, have you used just the moly oil, or have you also tried their grease product?
    I've used both, the Dri slide on the FA guns, and the grease items and dri slide on the handguns, rifles and shotguns I have.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

I have a CW9 and am pondering the CW45 to get some more power (my CW9 has been flawless) I see everyone commenting on the more expensive Kahr models, and I would go that route but my wife has had enough of my gun shopping until the world rights itself. The CW45 would replace my Glock 27, which has been perfect for me but is a tad chunky compared to the Kahr. What do you folks thing of that switch? I live in FL so thin guns really help. I realize the round count would go down...
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Ditto, here.

While I have not yet survived a long, hot summer with the TW25B light grease, it has been working extremely well on each of my pistols and rifles the past several weeks.

Particularly good on slide rails, barrel lugs and the outside of barrels, it refuses to slide off the gun into the mechanisms or onto the holster. Of the few grease products I have tried, this one seems to repel dirt and gunge. Even after 500rds of shooting and pocket carry, guns seem cleaner with it, than before.

I've used it on the rails, underside of the slide, barrel lugs, outside of the barrel, the feed ramp areas in the frame and barrel, under the trigger "arm" mechanicals where it wears against the frame, on the lip of the extractor head, on the base of the hammer, on the magazine lips, on the outside of the magazine (lightly). I have yet to find anyplace it causes binding, slowing or degrades performance in the least way. Quite the opposite, actually.

The only place where I have been avoid the light grease is on very tight guns, such as the Kahr P380 and the STI Shadow 1911's rails. As those loosen up, I imagine the grease will begin to work very well on the tight spots, as well. On these areas, I have been using the Mil-Comm MC-2500 semi-fluid oil. It's a bit thicker than most "runny" oils I have used in the past. Seems to improve the ability to hang around even with extended range sessions, very hot barrels. Doesn't leak off the gun as easily. Smooth as "buttah," just like the light grease.

About 15yrs ago, I was introduced to light synthetic greases with the Ultima-Lube product by Wilson Combat. So far, at least, I would say that Mil-Comm's TW25B light grease is at least its equal. Very smooth, stays very much in place, makes a gun immediately work better wherever it is placed.

If it performs equally well throughout the hot summer months as it has so far, I would say this is the best grease product for firearms that I have used.
    Yeah...just like the Militec grease the military has been using for a LONG time... This is nothing new...

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Links