Calling all Kahr shooters - Page 10

Calling all Kahr shooters

This is a discussion on Calling all Kahr shooters within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I used Gunzilla to clean my Kahr CW9 and Breakfree CLP for lubrication. One drop on each rail on the frame and a drop wiped ...

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 154

Thread: Calling all Kahr shooters

  1. #136
    VIP Member Array crzy4guns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,637
    I used Gunzilla to clean my Kahr CW9 and Breakfree CLP for lubrication. One drop on each rail on the frame and a drop wiped on the barrel and one on the recoil spring guide rod. NO hiccups during the break in period.
    God bless our troops!


  2. #137
    Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas, South of the Sabine
    Posts
    1,149
    a drop or two of oil on the rails is fine, if all you are doing is popping a few rounds at the range. If the gun (don't matter what it is) is your daily carry, those couple of drops of oil will gravitate to the muzzle, into your holster and be useless for a slide lube in 2-3 days. That's the reason some of us use a light coating of high quality grease on the rails... it has staying power.


    surv

  3. #138
    VIP Member Array tokerblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,355
    Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    a drop or two of oil on the rails is fine, if all you are doing is popping a few rounds at the range. If the gun (don't matter what it is) is your daily carry, those couple of drops of oil will gravitate to the muzzle, into your holster and be useless for a slide lube in 2-3 days. That's the reason some of us use a light coating of high quality grease on the rails... it has staying power.
    - I've never used grease on my guns. Can you recommend a brand or type to try?

  4. #139
    Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,536
    Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    ... That's the reason some of us use a light coating of high quality grease on the rails...
    Such as moly slide paste or Militec metal conditioning grease, right? Help me here - we're trying to overcome 50 years of working on cars...
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

  5. #140
    Member Array got2hav1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    - I've never used grease on my guns. Can you recommend a brand or type to try?
    I have used TW25B made by Mil Com Products. This works great for auto slides. I started using it on my P380 and immediately could tell a difference in racking the slide. Also have some of Brian Enos ' Slide-Glide I am going to try. This also comes highly recommended. Both come in small tubes,syringes, and tubs. I think Sig recommends TW25B for their auto pistols.

  6. #141
    VIP Member Array ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    27,362
    Quote Originally Posted by got2hav1 View Post
    I have used TW25B made by Mil Com Products. This works great for auto slides. I started using it on my P380 and immediately could tell a difference in racking the slide.
    Ditto, here.

    While I have not yet survived a long, hot summer with the TW25B light grease, it has been working extremely well on each of my pistols and rifles the past several weeks.

    Particularly good on slide rails, barrel lugs and the outside of barrels, it refuses to slide off the gun into the mechanisms or onto the holster. Of the few grease products I have tried, this one seems to repel dirt and gunge. Even after 500rds of shooting and pocket carry, guns seem cleaner with it, than before.

    I've used it on the rails, underside of the slide, barrel lugs, outside of the barrel, the feed ramp areas in the frame and barrel, under the trigger "arm" mechanicals where it wears against the frame, on the lip of the extractor head, on the base of the hammer, on the magazine lips, on the outside of the magazine (lightly). I have yet to find anyplace it causes binding, slowing or degrades performance in the least way. Quite the opposite, actually.

    The only place where I have been avoid the light grease is on very tight guns, such as the Kahr P380 and the STI Shadow 1911's rails. As those loosen up, I imagine the grease will begin to work very well on the tight spots, as well. On these areas, I have been using the Mil-Comm MC-2500 semi-fluid oil. It's a bit thicker than most "runny" oils I have used in the past. Seems to improve the ability to hang around even with extended range sessions, very hot barrels. Doesn't leak off the gun as easily. Smooth as "buttah," just like the light grease.

    About 15yrs ago, I was introduced to light synthetic greases with the Ultima-Lube product by Wilson Combat. So far, at least, I would say that Mil-Comm's TW25B light grease is at least its equal. Very smooth, stays very much in place, makes a gun immediately work better wherever it is placed.

    If it performs equally well throughout the hot summer months as it has so far, I would say this is the best grease product for firearms that I have used.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

  7. #142
    Member Array mel5051's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Commerce Township, Michigan
    Posts
    168
    I use Shooter's Choice All Weather High-Tech Grease that comes in a handy syringe.

    My son and I use it and it's in the gun department at Gander Mountain and other stores.

    Stays where you put it and is rated for -65F to +350F temperatures. The syringe holds 10 mL of lube.

    I put it on all rail areas, barrel exterior, recoil spring, and extractor areas.
    Walther P99 AS full size 9mm
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

    NRA
    Michigan Sheriff's Association
    “The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall

  8. #143
    VIP Member Array CLASS3NH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Bob from Southern New Hampshire
    Posts
    4,765
    I use this on my Full Auto weapons, all of my other guns, and it works like a charm. I've been using it since about 1985. It's called Dri Slide. Here's the website for those who might want to look at it.
    https://www.russack.com/
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

  9. #144
    VIP Member Array ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    27,362
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    I use this on my Full Auto weapons, all of my other guns, and it works like a charm. I've been using it since about 1985. It's called Dri Slide. Here's the website for those who might want to look at it.
    https://www.russack.com/
    The primary ingredient is molybdenum disulfide suspended in an oil or grease. MD is the same stuff that's in the Armor Tuff coating by Wilson Combat, in the KG Kote coating, Robar's Roguard finish, Kimber's KimPro finish, Brownell's moly bore treatment paste, and other products.

    Dri-Slide® molybdenum disulfide (“moly”) based lubricants are applied wet and then leave a dry lubricant bonded to metal surfaces after the liquid carrier has evaporated. Dri-Slide® lubricants will not attract dirt, dust, sand, or other airborne particulates. Use them in place of grease and oils on all metal-to-metal contact surfaces.
    Class3NH, have you used just the moly oil, or have you also tried their grease product?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

  10. #145
    Member Array Mrbrent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chino Hills, CA
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by chiboxer View Post
    I am considering purchasing either a Kahr PM9 or a CW45. Lately, however, I have been hearing some bad stuff about Kahr's specifically as it relates to reliability issues. Are these just isolated examples? I realize that people only post things online when they have problems with a product, but I really don't want to purchase a firearm just to have to send it back to the factory 2 or 3 times. Any input from you Kahr shooters would be greatly appreciated.
    I picked up my PM9 a few weeks back. I took to the range once since the purchase and it ran perfect. Not one failure of any kind. I cleaned an oiled well and manually racked the slide about 200 cycles prior to my first shot with it. I ran 150 FMJ 115gr PMC and WWB and 50 Gold Dot JHP's.

  11. #146
    Member Array Phil 386's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Maumee, Ohio
    Posts
    24
    I've got a P9 that has eaten absolutely EVERYTHING I've fed it. It's my daily carry, and has had zero failures or issues of any kind at all. I love my Kahr, and will not hesitate to pick up a PM9 when funds allow.

  12. #147
    Member Array wormtown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    239
    I have had a number of post regarding my PM9. It initially was a jam-o-matic. Went through a bunch of stuff, finally went back to Kahr, they replaced the everything but the barrel, and at first it was 98%, but the last 250 rounds have been perfect.
    You should not have any special fondness for a particular weapon, or anything else, for that matter
    Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

  13. #148
    VIP Member Array CLASS3NH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Bob from Southern New Hampshire
    Posts
    4,765
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    The primary ingredient is molybdenum disulfide suspended in an oil or grease. MD is the same stuff that's in the Armor Tuff coating by Wilson Combat, in the KG Kote coating, Robar's Roguard finish, Kimber's KimPro finish, Brownell's moly bore treatment paste, and other products.



    Class3NH, have you used just the moly oil, or have you also tried their grease product?
    I've used both, the Dri slide on the FA guns, and the grease items and dri slide on the handguns, rifles and shotguns I have.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

  14. #149
    Member Array Cartman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    286
    I have a CW9 and am pondering the CW45 to get some more power (my CW9 has been flawless) I see everyone commenting on the more expensive Kahr models, and I would go that route but my wife has had enough of my gun shopping until the world rights itself. The CW45 would replace my Glock 27, which has been perfect for me but is a tad chunky compared to the Kahr. What do you folks thing of that switch? I live in FL so thin guns really help. I realize the round count would go down...
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

  15. #150
    Ex Member Array targus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Ditto, here.

    While I have not yet survived a long, hot summer with the TW25B light grease, it has been working extremely well on each of my pistols and rifles the past several weeks.

    Particularly good on slide rails, barrel lugs and the outside of barrels, it refuses to slide off the gun into the mechanisms or onto the holster. Of the few grease products I have tried, this one seems to repel dirt and gunge. Even after 500rds of shooting and pocket carry, guns seem cleaner with it, than before.

    I've used it on the rails, underside of the slide, barrel lugs, outside of the barrel, the feed ramp areas in the frame and barrel, under the trigger "arm" mechanicals where it wears against the frame, on the lip of the extractor head, on the base of the hammer, on the magazine lips, on the outside of the magazine (lightly). I have yet to find anyplace it causes binding, slowing or degrades performance in the least way. Quite the opposite, actually.

    The only place where I have been avoid the light grease is on very tight guns, such as the Kahr P380 and the STI Shadow 1911's rails. As those loosen up, I imagine the grease will begin to work very well on the tight spots, as well. On these areas, I have been using the Mil-Comm MC-2500 semi-fluid oil. It's a bit thicker than most "runny" oils I have used in the past. Seems to improve the ability to hang around even with extended range sessions, very hot barrels. Doesn't leak off the gun as easily. Smooth as "buttah," just like the light grease.

    About 15yrs ago, I was introduced to light synthetic greases with the Ultima-Lube product by Wilson Combat. So far, at least, I would say that Mil-Comm's TW25B light grease is at least its equal. Very smooth, stays very much in place, makes a gun immediately work better wherever it is placed.

    If it performs equally well throughout the hot summer months as it has so far, I would say this is the best grease product for firearms that I have used.
    Yeah...just like the Militec grease the military has been using for a LONG time... This is nothing new...

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. 357 Sig shooters
    By jrkrk in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: January 7th, 2010, 08:21 AM
  2. New shooters +female +OCD = natural shooters
    By packinnova in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: August 1st, 2009, 05:01 AM
  3. Hello from Shooters Plus (MS)
    By Shooters Plus in forum New Members Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: October 12th, 2007, 11:18 AM
  4. Ga shooters
    By jabo2818 in forum Member Meeting Place
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: August 17th, 2006, 06:19 PM

Search tags for this page

best cleaning and lubrication for cw9
,

grease kahr

,

kahr 380 grease

,

kahr cw40 review

,

kahr cw40 reviews

,

kahr cw45 loose slide

,

kahr cw45 promag

,

kahr cw9 frame wear

,

kahr p380 grease

,

kahr p380 slide binding

,
pocket carry dri-slide
,

promag magazine in kahr cw45

Click on a term to search for related topics.