Calling all Kahr shooters - Page 5

Calling all Kahr shooters

This is a discussion on Calling all Kahr shooters within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I own a CW40, shot everything you can think of thru it, never one single miss fire. now the wife is looking into the pm9. ...

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling all Kahr shooters

I own a CW40, shot everything you can think of thru it, never one single miss fire. now the wife is looking into the pm9. she love's the kahr and the kick is less than the LCP.

glocks are to bulky, SORRY

Had to send my PM9 back to the shop, as the pistol wouldn't return to battery. After receiving it back from them, it's been flawless. It's my EDC and I wouldn't trade for it. You can't beat the firepower capabilities for the size. It's perfect.
    Our kindness may be the most persuasive argument for that which we believe.

-Gordon B. Hinckley-

My wife bought me a MK9 for christmas so I can't shoot it until after christmas but my choice was down to 2 guns the MK and a Glock 26 (I already have a Glock 23). I had read all of the negative and complaining about the Kahrs and was even hesitant to give my money to the Moon family but the two people that I talked to that have Kahrs (both K9's) said nothing but really good things about both guns and neither had ever had troubles with either gun. By the way both are very experienced and knowledgable about guns. I have also heard people bitching about buying a gun with a break-in period. I see this as a HUGE bonus since I will have at least 200 rounds to become familiar with every aspect of my gun before I carry it. I think someone is crazy that would go buy a gun and just start carrying it.

BTW: My father is getting up in age and has decided to start liquidating his gun collection and just gave me his Stainless Ruger Super Redhawk with 9.5" barrell and scope does anyone know of a concealed carry holster for it.

First Hello to All.....I Carry a CW9 18/7 .Owned it for about 2yrs. Have had pretty good luck with it, but i did a buff & polish first. The first 100rds worked out ok, but did have a few failure's of out of battery, so i buffed some more and cleaned up the plastic guide shavings and took the sharp edge's off the extractor. I can hand cycle it now no problem even slowly.I was disturbed that after carrying for months i had a light strike on the 3rd rd while it was in loaded/carrying for awhile...So i took the slide apart and cleaned/polished the striker channel. I had some flakes/shavings there. I have not shot it much since but plan to shoot a couple hundred more and hope i have no more light strikes(only had one) but that was disturbing cause i had been carrying it like that for awhile.
    Personally i like the Poly Kahrs But do think they are overpriced. My New Taurus 709 is machind just as well as my CW9 But they (Taurus) need to make better mags (to thin sheet metal) Stainless would better. Kahr mags could be better in the feed lip area otherwise i like them
    GMan

I have owned my P9 for a little over a month with no troubles. 200+ rounds so far and going to the range tomorrow for another 200.

I love the size of the P9. my LCP is smaller, Glock 23 is nice.

I have had my Kahr PM9 for almost 2 years and put about 1000 rnds thru it. When I first got it I had trouble slingshot loading the first round from a full magazine. I was really upset. However after reading many posts and practicing I realized that if I learned to aggressively slingshot the slide then all was well. By aggressively I mean pulling the slide back with my left hand while pushing forward with the right and releasing the slide with no hesitation or attempt to ride it back. Works every time and the gun is flawless now. It is the best carry gun I have ever owned and I love the thing. Slim, light, and effective. It shoots great the sights are perfect. Buy one, I do not think you will be sorry. I would buy another in a flash.

Quote Originally Posted by obiwankabaldi View Post
    When I first got it I had trouble slingshot loading the first round from a full magazine. I was really upset. However after reading many posts and practicing I realized that if I learned to aggressively slingshot the slide then all was well.
    - Is there a particular reason you're using the slingshot method with the Kahr? Are you carrying without one in the chamber?

Congrats on the MK9 .... for your birthday have her get you some Crimson Trace (excellent customer service if you ever need them for anything) the ones for the mk9 in particular look like they were MADE for the gun...

I got the MK9 for the same price as a PM9 and I actually like the weight. I didn't have any real firearm experience before but at the range at least I could do double-taps with one hand very easily...it must be the gun. :) It was my first and so far, only gun (budgetary constraints, I'd love to get a glock, a sig, a 1911, a CZ, and I have to get a shotgun and down the road an AR) so I wanted something that was small enough that I would have no excuse but to always carry it and so far for the past 5 months, I've done that religiously.

I have the PM-9. I had maybe 6 FTF in the first 50 rounds. After that, flawless.
    I think it is the finest 9mm carry gun out there when you consider size, cost, quality, and reliability.
    It has been replaced by my Sig P-238, but that's a .380.
    When I first got it I had trouble slingshot loading the first round from a full magazine. I was really upset.
    The manual specifically states to load the first round via the slide release.
    I suspect that is because the recoil spring is so darn strong.
    Also why I don't think the PM-9 might be well suited for some people. (and most women...not all, don't write me)

I've had to send my PM9 back to kahr twice and just haven't shot it enough since to make an opinion. It has about 1500 rds through it and was unreliable - many fte's. The barrel was replaced by them the first time back and the problems continued so the gun was returned with all seven of the mags ( I always buy extra mags when purchasing a new gun). Hopefully, the problem is solved. It's too bad about the poor reliability as it's really compact, light and accurate.

I have a Kahr K9, P9 & P9 Covert, all of which have performed great. There have been issues with the early polymers, but from what I understand the newer polymers are not having near the issues of the older. K9 (steel) have had very few issues from the start. P9 again had early issues, but newer models have been pretty good from what I have read. Mine is a 2005 & no problems. The PM9 had a barrel peening issue early, but have not read about any newer models with that problem. I am in the market for a newer PM9 and would not get rid of any of the other Kahrs. They fit my hand very well, accurate and their function has been perfect. I trust my life to them every day I carry one.

I had issues with PMC ammo. The striker would dent the primer and they jsut wouldnt go off. Probably 3 out of 50. Ive run this ammo thru other guns with zero issues. All from the same lot.

Everything else Ive fired has been flawless, including 300 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 127 +p which is my carry ammo. I love the gun, so easy to conceal. Its my summer carry and one I toss in the pocket for quick trips out of the house.

The main issue people have is racking the slide. Kahr recommends pulling back and letting it lock. then release the lever. Racking it manually sometimes can cause a jam... I havent had this issue though.

I have no opinion on the PM9, other than I like it. I think the Glock 36 is a better gun that the CW45.

I have a PM9 and absolutely love it. It is with me about 90% of the time. I trust it to help me protect my family. I have put 200 rounds through it so far with no problems and it is very accurate for having such a short barrel.

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    I own and use steel frame Kahrs.

The poly models I am a bit leery of.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links