Calling all Kahr shooters

This is a discussion on Calling all Kahr shooters within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I like my PM9 so much, that I am going to replace my 1911 with a Kahr P45 as my primary carry. It weighs around ...

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling all Kahr shooters

I like my PM9 so much, that I am going to replace my 1911 with a Kahr P45 as my primary carry. It weighs around 19 oz and with my back problems I could still carry it all day in a quality IWB holster. I love my 1911 but even the Light weight Commander version is still tough on my back......
    Lloyd

Eternity is a long time, do you know for certain where you will spend it?

2. Remove Ads

tokerblue I slingshot load most of the time because where I work and play I need to unload and carry without one in the pipe. After leaving the premises or area I need to again reload and have always loaded that way. As I was told, from battery is the correct way to chamber the first round on a PM9 but as stated above sometimes you just need to work the slide to load.

I've had my PM9 for almost a year now and have only had 2-3 malfunctions. Those malfunctions came during the initial break-in period where I had fired the first 250 rounds. Since then, the little gun has been great! Just keep it clean, well lubed, and fire it every often.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."
    - Ronald Reagan

Safety First, That's similar to what I did, I am CC a P9 in my Ultra Carry II's holster... it seems much easier on my back.

J.W.
    NRA Life
    SASS 96744

"Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is"

Kahr PM40

Quote Originally Posted by chiboxer View Post
    I am considering purchasing either a Kahr PM9 or a CW45. Lately, however, I have been hearing some bad stuff about Kahr's specifically as it relates to reliability issues. Are these just isolated examples? I realize that people only post things online when they have problems with a product, but I really don't want to purchase a firearm just to have to send it back to the factory 2 or 3 times. Any input from you Kahr shooters would be greatly appreciated.
    I carry the Kahr PM40 all day as my primary. I find it accurate and a pleasure to shoot. The size, weight and grip size make it a much better concealed carry option than the Glock 27. I've had zero issues with it. My wife carrys a P380 and the only problem with it was it would not shoot Herter's ammo that I bought (600 rounds) from Cabelas. Cabelas was quick to refund my full purchase price + shipping! Then I found a buyer for it, he tested it in his .380 and bought the whole lot. Although more pricey, for the quality I say Kahr is the best for non-LEO conceal carry.

Let us learn our lessons. … Never believe any war will be smooth and easy or that anyone who embarks on that strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter. The statesman who yields to war fever must realize that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events… incompetent or arrogant commanders, untrustworthy allies, hostile neutrals, malignant fortune, ugly surprise, awful miscalculations. Winston Churchill

I carry my PM9 75% of the time, especially during the warmer months. It has been reliable and accurate with over 1200 rounds through it. It had 3 or 4 FTF during the first 150 rounds but has been fine since.
    Keech
    "I'm the God-fearing, Gun-toting, flag waving conservative they warned you about!"
    US Air Force Vietnam Vet, Ex-LEO
    Dan Wesson CBOB .45
    CZ 75D Compact PCR
    Kahr PM9, and a few others.....

GM
    MK9 2003 Elite here; 2000+ rounds and totally reliable. I recommend it without hesitation.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

CW9 no problems after 750 rounds so far.Kahr makes a decent product.

Kahr CW9

I read such a mix of good and bad about Kahr pistols. After months of back and forth scouring gun forums I bought a CW9. Its a really great pistol. Its my carry pistol.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by obiwankabaldi View Post
    I have had my Kahr PM9 for almost 2 years and put about 1000 rnds thru it. When I first got it I had trouble slingshot loading the first round from a full magazine. I was really upset. However after reading many posts and practicing I realized that if I learned to aggressively slingshot the slide then all was well. By aggressively I mean pulling the slide back with my left hand while pushing forward with the right and releasing the slide with no hesitation or attempt to ride it back. Works every time and the gun is flawless now. It is the best carry gun I have ever owned and I love the thing. Slim, light, and effective. It shoots great the sights are perfect. Buy one, I do not think you will be sorry. I would buy another in a flash.
    I do not have a PM9, but a MK9. The manual clearly says “Pull the slide fully to the rear and lock it back using the slide stop. Next push down on the slide top to chamber the first round into the barrel. Do not chamber a round by pulling back on the slide and letting go of the slide. This may cause the slide to not go fully into battery.” I do it in that way and it works flawless. After doing it, I take out the mag and load one more round; then I have full mag + 1.

I agree with SIXTO when he says:

I think Kahr gets it's bad rap from either;

A) inexperienced shooters.

B) people who don't like to follow instructions.

C) people who have an axe to grind with the Moons.

However, I would like to add a D):

D) People that never shot I Kahr and just say what they read on the Internet.

But of course, you can always get a lemon like with everything.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I am amazed by the number of people that will buy something (guns, cars, power tools, etc..) without reading the instructions/owners manual and then when something doesn't work right complain about the product instead of their own ignorance.

after a few bugs to work out of my p380, it is a wonderful little gun. i think i need another one just to look at!

Gulf Coast USA Grand Bay AL (Hurricain country)
    My son and I got our PM-40's within two weeks of each other and on the 175th round a follower broke on his magazine also his slide pin was bad; Kahr promptly replaced both. Mine has been flawless after 300 rounds. Just the other day, my son noticed that the pin that holds the side plate on was missing & was loose, he didn't have a clue what happened to it & he hasn't called Kahr yet.

The PM-40 is so easy to carry that u hardly notice it's there. I've got a S&W sigma 40 and it feels like a rock on my hip. Probably, my next purchase will be a PM-45.

It's mostly all BS. Or isolated incidents. Overhyped Internet bologna. Many operator error NEGLIGENT discharges, not accidental blamed on the weapon, bitched about on the net.

Take a chance. Be bold. You will be pleasantly surprised by Kahr. Trust me. I did and I am very happy with my decision.

I love my newly acquired MK9 Elite. I wish I had discovered it sooner. It will never leave my side. I have never met a person with, seen, heard of personally or personally experienced ANY of the problems associated with Kahrs on the internet. I did have one single, solitary FTE in the first 150 rds of mixed FMJ & JHP run through the weapon during initial breakin. Nary a belch, burp or hiccup since.

After the first range trip, it found it's way into the never sell pile.

After the second range trip, it found itself in the carry rotation pile.

After the third range trip, it found itself in the don't ever leave home without it pile.

I trust my life to my MK9.

Quote Originally Posted by NoScreenName View Post
    It's mostly all BS. Or isolated incidents. Overhyped Internet bologna. Many operator error NEGLIGENT discharges, not accidental blamed on the weapon, bitched about on the net.

Take a chance. Be bold. You will be pleasantly surprised by Kahr. Trust me. I did and I am very happy with my decision.

I love my newly acquired MK9 Elite. I wish I had discovered it sooner. It will never leave my side. I have never met a person with, seen, heard of personally or personally experienced ANY of the problems associated with Kahrs on the internet. I did have one single, solitary FTE in the first 150 rds of mixed FMJ & JHP run through the weapon during initial breakin. Nary a belch, burp or hiccup since.

After the first range trip, it found it's way into the never sell pile.

After the second range trip, it found itself in the carry rotation pile.

After the third range trip, it found itself in the don't ever leave home without it pile.

I trust my life to my MK9.
    I'm right there with you...

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Links