Calling all Kahr shooters

This is a discussion on Calling all Kahr shooters within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Kahr is a high tolerance gun. Meaning it is milled to very close fit. A loose fit helps make a gun more reliable such ...

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Calling all Kahr shooters

The Kahr is a high tolerance gun. Meaning it is milled to very close fit. A loose fit helps make a gun more reliable such as the AK-47. I have a CW9 and I had a minor problem with the Slide Lock spring, replaced it and trouble free. Honestly, I would pick the Glock 36 over the P-45. Unless you can afford a Rohrbaugh, nothing is in the class of the PM9.

2. Remove Ads

I'd disagree with you rebel. Rohrbaugh makes a fine gun, but they really don't offer anything that Kahr doesn't have at a smaller price (though Kahrs aren't cheap either). I own a K9 and a MK9, carry the MK9 daily (in the winter I carry it as a BUG) and gotta say I'll take it over a R9 any day. It's heavier, by a large margin but then again you expect that with a steel frame. It also helps dampen the recoil significantly.

My PM9 has worked perfect with 300 rds fired.

if it hasnt been said use grease on the slide it helps
    Mossberg Maverick 88, Saiga 12, FN FNAR, SKS, SKS Paratrooper, AK-74, Marlin 60, Mosin Nagant 91/30, Browning A bolt II, Kahr PM9, Hi Point C9, Glock 20 (29 chop), Walther P22, Tauras PT92AF, Colt LE6920, Marlin 60SN, Mak-90

Here is my Kahr story having to do with my P45 and Kahr's Customer service.

My post is not about the PM9 but about Kahr's Customer service.

I took my Kahr P45 to the range for the first time hoping to have a good range session, it did not happen. On my 49th rd, something smacked me in the forehead. After clearing the gun I looked around on the ground and found a spring and pin. After looking at the book I got with the gun, I found it to be the extractor pin and spring, could not find the extractor.

I contacted Kahr on Monday and they told be to send it back and they would cover it. Sent in in on Wed. and I got it back on the following Mon. They replaced the whole slide, keeping my barrel, upgraded the mag release and installed a new set of night sights, I sent mine in with standard sites.

Since I got it back I have put 600 more rds thur it with NO problems, it is a very nice and Accurate shooting gun.

I have to say that their Customer service was EXCELLENT in my case, and I would not hesitate to purchase another one.

I am now thinking about swapping out my EDC, which is a Taurus PT-145 with the Kahr P45.
    02PSD4ME

I have a PM9 that I have had for about 7 years....love it and trust it, and for me, it shoots as well as any of my others. Remember to take what you read on the net with a grain of salt....sure there are other slim pistols...like my PPS....but the PM series is in a class by itself for size....pocket carry rocks with it....and no other gun that is readily available will fit like the PM...unless you drop to a 380.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

I have the Kahr CW9 that I purchased recently and I have over 200 flawless rounds through it already. I would venture to say you would be safe buying a Kahr pistol.
    God bless our troops!

Quote Originally Posted by GregDepot View Post
    if it hasnt been said use grease on the slide it helps
    Soooooo That's what the sticky stuff on my gun was when I bought it <just kidding>
    When I first got the gun, I thought the previous owner may not have known how to maintain the gun, but I guess I was wrong. I stripped the gun down, cleaned it up, and spread a little more "sticky stuff' on the rails. Works like a charm
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    "Grease on the rails", huh?

OK, better to show ignorance than continue in it:

If I get a CW9, I am inclined to use Gunzilla (my choice of gun cleaning elixirs) to clean it thoroughly. Once I've done that, a certain amount of lubrication is provided by Gunzilla itself. What more should I add, and to which parts?

I would appreciate actual brand recommendations, too: when one says, "Grease the rails" I would be inclined to use automotive wheel-bearing grease. I'm not sure that's what is meant.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post

OK, better to show ignorance than continue in it:

If I get a CW9, I am inclined to use Gunzilla (my choice of gun cleaning elixirs) to clean it thoroughly. Once I've done that, a certain amount of lubrication is provided by Gunzilla itself. What more should I add, and to which parts?

I would appreciate actual brand recommendations, too: when one says, "Grease the rails" I would be inclined to use automotive wheel-bearing grease. I'm not sure that's what is meant.
    I also am not sure what they mean by grease. Like you, I think auto wheel bearing grease. I have a CW9 and I did like you, I use gunzilla to clean it, then I just put a small drop of Hoppes oil on each rail on the frame and on the rail grooves in the slide. I put a drop on the barrel and wipe lightly with a cloth.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy View Post
    I am very pleased with my PM9. It has never had a failure and is my EDC
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    I have a CW9 and I did like you, I use gunzilla to clean it, then I just put a small drop of Hoppes oil on each rail on the frame and on the rail grooves in the slide. I put a drop on the barrel and wipe lightly with a cloth.
    - This is the same EXACT thing I do. I clean the Kahr thoroughly with Gunzilla and then and drop of Hoppes Lubricant on the rails. I have used Gunzilla alone for lubricant and it's run fine. I do like the extra slick feeling of the Hoppes Lubricant, so I use just a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    If I get a CW9, I am inclined to use Gunzilla (my choice of gun cleaning elixirs) to clean it thoroughly. Once I've done that, a certain amount of lubrication is provided by Gunzilla itself. What more should I add, and to which parts?.
    For the first two years I owned my CW9 I used Eexoz for both cleaning and lubrication. During this time I shot around 3,000 rounds and made several thousand dry-fire clicks.

For most of that time I was entirely satisfied with Eezox, but towards the end of that period I noticed that the action had started to have a loose feel. Nothing overt, just my sense of how operating it felt.

Recently I've switched to Weapon Shield, which seems like a thick oil. I don't have enough experience with it to either reccommend or discourage it's use, but the action now feels just right.
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

I use Breakfree CLP and Militec metal conditioning grease exclusively on my PM9. No problems after thousands of rounds.

moly slide paste i used on the rails
    Mossberg Maverick 88, Saiga 12, FN FNAR, SKS, SKS Paratrooper, AK-74, Marlin 60, Mosin Nagant 91/30, Browning A bolt II, Kahr PM9, Hi Point C9, Glock 20 (29 chop), Walther P22, Tauras PT92AF, Colt LE6920, Marlin 60SN, Mak-90

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Links