NAA .22LR or .22WMR Revolvers...

This is a discussion on NAA .22LR or .22WMR Revolvers... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have spent a bit of time lately thinking I want an NAA pocket revolver. I like the models that come with both cylinders (.22LR ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NAA .22LR or .22WMR Revolvers...

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar

NAA .22LR or .22WMR Revolvers...

I have spent a bit of time lately thinking I want an NAA pocket revolver. I like the models that come with both cylinders (.22LR and .22WMR). Can the members that have these pistols give me the low-down on it? Love it? Hate it? Recoil and muzzle flash on WMR intense? Let me know.

2. Remove Ads

I have the NAA .22LR with the shortest barrel (1&1/8"). I sometimes carry it as an extra 'snake gun' out in the yard. Not much of a SD pistol, but I guess it would be better than nothing.
    It conceals about anywhere. This is the only firearm that I will carry using use a cheap suede 'tuck in the waist' holster.
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; December 19th, 2009 at 08:23 AM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Just picked one up today. Took it to the range. Fun little gun to shoot. My artheritis was acting up a little, so reloading was a bit of a chore. Don't plan on reloading in an SD situation. But it's better than smacking the BG with a stick.
    I posted pics in the superduper snubby thread.
    I've heard stories about them nearly jumping out of peoples hands. The standard grip only has room for one finger. I had no trouble. Didn't notice any muzzle flash, as it was 11:00 am and fairly sunny at the time.
    The views expressed above are the opinion of the poster and may or may not be total bunk.
    Viewer discretion is advised.

Lead Moderator
    I own a .22 lr version. I feel I should have got the WMR version for more power/penetration. Recoil isn't bad and I see no muzzle flash with the .22 LR. I use mine for a last ditch hide out gun only.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I have the 22mag version. I love it. It's accurate out to about 7 yards. You can't get much more "deep concealment" than this thing. And the fit and finish is excellent.

The NAA's are just really nice small revolvers with an excellent reputation and nice fit and finish. Just recognize the inherent limitations of rimfire cartridges. I'd say it'd be handy for ya in East Jahunga.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    I've got the PUG .22mag. It's a neat little revolver, definitely deep concealment. I keep it loaded up with CCI Maxi-Mag TNT 30g. Since I got my Seecamp .380, the PUG generally stays in the safe anymore though.

I have the 1 5/8" conversion. I enjoy shooting it its pretty neat to see how well it can be shot with practice. I shoot the 22lr a good bit. I carry the 22m often normally as a backup. I rotate between it and a Keltec p32. I can tell you having a 22mag as an always gun cam in handy when the entire family was at the mountains this summer. I shot a water moccasin with it impressive. I really like mine as a matter of fact think Im going now to change my P32 for it today.

I have the Pug. Not as tiny as some of the other NAA's, but I wanted something in 22mag and with a grip to hold on to. I found a neat little ankle holster for it, it is designed as a magazine carrier but the Pug fits right into it. I now strap it on in the morning and in five minuets forget it's there, until about 10 hrs later then it becomes noticable again. It has two pouches so I can stick a spare mag also. Pretty accurate at close range, does take some getting use to though cocking the hammer for every shot, if your used to semi's or conventional revolvers. I thought about sending it back to NAA to have it fitted for a 22lr too, but I don't think the extra cost (75 plus shipping) is worth it in the savings in ammo prices. Seems it would take years to recoup the costs.

I have the 1 5/8" LR. I carry it with shotshells when working in the yard. It is OK accuracy wise but it is hard to keep a good sight picture and get consistent shots. I don't carry it for SD. It is a fun gun and a conversation piece.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Talking 22 Mag

I have this one and it is a nice little piece..

Shoots nice and just fold it up and clip it in your pocket like a knife..Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by keithmj View Post
    i have this one and it is a nice little piece..

shoots nice and just fold it up and clip it in your pocket like a knife..cheers.
    i got one of those >>>>>>>
    XD9sc
    Ruger LCP 380
    NAA 22 mini mag w/holster grip
    S&W 38 model 10
    NRA member

I have the black widow with the fixed sights. It is my AE, believe me I do not leave home without it. it is easy and pretty cheap to practice with. they now have a laser for it, dont know, jury still out. if nothing else they are fun to shoot. get one, you can always sell it. Merry Christmas
    Going to Church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in the garage makes you a sports car.

Exclamation Safety warning

If you decide to get one, be sure to read all the safety info in the manual. These are Single Action Only guns, and as such, should never be carried with a live round under the hammer.
    In between each chamber is a safety notch in which to rest the hammer. Practice setting the hammer in that notch UNLOADED several times until it comes natural.
    Remember this tip: looking at the back of the cylinder, the brass on either side of the hammer will resemble mouse ears.
    Small ears are safe, Big ears go BANG.
    The views expressed above are the opinion of the poster and may or may not be total bunk.
    Viewer discretion is advised.

I have the Freedom Arms .22MAG 4-shot. It is identical to the NAA in every way. You can get neat leather holsters for them on eBay, just search for NAA Holsters. I just bought a pair 'Boot Grips" which are larger and offers a better grip and a pocket holster for mine. Definitely go for it. Gibson's in Texas sells them for around $225.
    Uncle Dannie
    FOP Lodge 55, RPOAC, NRA Life Member

One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links