Sig P239 for a lady?

Sig P239 for a lady?

This is a discussion on Sig P239 for a lady? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Do any of the ladies here carry a Sig P239 by any chance? The reason Im asking is my girlfriend is thinking about getting her ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sig P239 for a lady?

Do any of the ladies here carry a Sig P239 by any chance? The reason Im asking is my girlfriend is thinking about getting her CWL and were thinking about a carry gun for her. Unfortunately, none of the gun shops in this area usually carry Sigs in stock because of the high prices.

We decided on a Sig for several reasons. First because of their reliability. Revolvers are also usually very reliable but we want something that holds more than 5 or 6 rounds. Safety is also a concern. For that reason I like a DOA firearm with the exposed hammer. When holstering it you simply place your thumb on the hammer, and should you snag the trigger on anything youll feel the hammer moving and know to stop.

She can handle my Sig P229DAK in .40 S&W pretty well, but the grips are a bit too big for her hands. I know the P239 is slightly smaller than the P229, but are the grips themselves any smaller? If so, Im thinking a P239DAK in 9mm might be the ticket for her.

A Glock 26 is also under consideration even though its stiker fired rather than having the exposed hammer that I prefer. Any other suggestions?
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

I love my P239. I am not a lady, but I have small girly hands. Does that count?
    The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose. James Earl Jones, Actor

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ckfarris View Post
    I love my P239. I am not a lady, but I have small girly hands. Does that count?
    That counts as far as I'm concerned! Plus 1 for the P239!
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

VIP Member
    CEW58, Bunny carries a P239. Not sure when she'll be back in the states though. I thought she was due back before Christmas.

Not sure where you located in OK, but have you checked Murf's Gun Shop in Duncan or South West Shooters and H&H Gun Range in OKC?

VIP Member
    That was my wife's FIRST carry gun. She loves it & carries it often. She also carries a Glock 23, Kimber Ultra & NAA Guardian.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

EW3
    I believe DC member Bunny carries a P239 DAK, and she's a female. Maybe try PMing her for some ideas?
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    CEW58, Bunny carries a P239. Not sure when she'll be back in the states though. I thought she was due back before Christmas.

Not sure where you located in OK, but have you checked Murf's Gun Shop in Duncan or South West Shooters and H&H Gun Range in OKC?
    Actually Murf's is my favorite gun shop! But unfortunately he rarely keeps Sigs in stock because most of his customers want something less expensive.

But I'll give the other two places a call and see if they carry the P239 in stock. I'm in Lawton, so a drive to OKC would be well worth it!

I'll also send Bunny a PM!

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

My fiancee has very small hands, and has narrowed her search to the G26, Walther PPS, and P239. I think you will do fine, with that.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

EW3
    I think the P239 would be a fine gun for her, but also check out some Kahrs if you can. I'd recommend a PM9 (polymer) or MK9 (all steel, same size as the PM9). They are small, slim, single stack, with one of the best DAO triggers out there.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    My fiancee has very small hands, and has narrowed her search to the G26, Walther PPS, and P239. I think you will do fine, with that.
    I was also considering the Walther PPS, but from what I've read around the net there seems to be a few issues with it. One is an issue with the slide lock, and the other is a problem with the slide not fully returning into battery position.

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Although my wife does not currently carry concealed, my 239 9mm is the only auto gun I own (other than .22) that she has no trouble loading and shooting.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

The PM9 is a nice weapon but not for a new shooter IMHO. I would look at the all metal MK9 maybe for her.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

for what it's worth, I have small hands for a guy and prefer single stack autos. I was just looking at a 239 (40) yesterday and am still trying to talk myself out of it. The one I was looking at had hogue grips on it and it felt a little larger than a 1911, but not by much. Salesman told me they were stock grips, but I don't think he was right. I wouldn't argue it, I'm not a sig owner, but gotta beleive the stock grips woud even be smaller.

S&W M&P 40 compact. You can get it with a safety if you want

Thumbs up

My wife shoots a 239 in a 9mm and loves it. The single stack mag is easy to load and the 239 is very accurate. I also love shooting this gun, and often carry it in the hot season because it's very easy to CC. If she dosn't like it she would be able to sell it with out any problems. Can't go wrong.
    Randy
    Law Enforcement Armorer
    NRA
    GOA
    Range Officer
    Advice is seldom welcome; and those who want it the most always like it the least.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links