H&K Vs SIG

This is a discussion on H&K Vs SIG within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have used a sig 229 in 40S&W and like it and the features it has....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: H&K Vs SIG

I have used a sig 229 in 40S&W and like it and the features it has.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    I had a SIG P226 a few years back and it was a fine piece. I just wasn't that accurate with it. I'm sure it was the shooter and not the pistol. It was my first pistol. It is still sitting in the gun shop where I traded it back in 1999. Maybe I should go buy it back for sentimental reasons.....
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

I tried both the SIG and the HK, and found I preferred the SIG controls. In the end, I shot the SIG better. I've not regretted getting the SIG.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Administrator
    OK...Personality and Panache' ~ Is the thread Off Topic enough yet?

Both are ultra~reliable almost incredibly so.
    Which one feels better in your hand?

I like the way the SIG pistols just naturally point for me.

I've not shot many HK though but, have handled more that a few in the gun shop. I like them also.

I choose SIG because of the way SIG points for me...but, it might be entirely opposite for you and your hand size and shape.

Exclamation Personality?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Young
    Sigs have more personality.
    You want personality? Get a 1911!

However when I want go-to-war reliability, make mine H&K!

I have a Sig P245. I love it. I feel well armed with it.

However, my USPf 45 makes me feel....comfortable no matter where I am. Day or night. I will probably get another H&K when the new 45 destined for the SPECOPS community finally gets sold to the public.

But I'm also likely to get the new Sig 220 Carry 45 that will replace the P245 and still use the P220 mags. I'll probably get it in the SAS version with the DAK action. Just 'cause it's so pretty.

However, when I'm out with my family and I want to feel "comfortable" then H&K still makes my day.

Now...I have to go....my work here is done....time to saddle up and ride into the sunset.....gotta go pickup that new GUN! See y'all tomorrow!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

SIG. Polished rails.

This HK has plenty of personality;

But I would still take a Sig over the HK, with the DAK system anyway. Without the DAK I would go with the HK. The P2000 is a nice gun.

Thumbs down But....But....it's a NINE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocnerd
    This HK has plenty of personality;

But I would still take a Sig over the HK, with the DAK system anyway. Without the DAK I would go with the HK. The P2000 is a nice gun.
    As Jeff Cooper often says...a NINE just will NOT do. Says the hypocrite (me) who is about to go off and classify on his Browning Hi-Power 9mm tomorrow at an IDPA classifier. But that's only a GAME...says he.....
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier
    As Jeff Cooper often says...a NINE just will NOT do. Says the hypocrite (me) who is about to go off and classify on his Browning Hi-Power 9mm tomorrow at an IDPA classifier. But that's only a GAME...says he.....
    I have to agree, for me, a nine will just not do, but it does have personality and you can get them in .40 if you are willing to pay an arm and a leg for one.

Great comments so far. Both are "proven" so it comes to opinion. I liked the sig better until I owned a 229 in .40s&w. It never was that great for me. I replaced it with HK USP compact in.45 and never looked back.

Ask again in 6 months i gots a new toy coming and yes all it is a SIG ill tell ya how it compares to the HK usp 45 after i have shot it quite a bit

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Can a P220 in .45acp be fitted with the .40cal slide and 357 Sig barrel? Do they make mags in .40cal for the P220?

Quote Originally Posted by Colin
    Can a P220 in .45acp be fitted with the .40cal slide and 357 Sig barrel? Do they make mags in .40cal for the P220?

No and No

I like the Sig and the HK so I have one of each......for now.....who knows what'll get next....depends which I can afford; although if you can afford a Sig, you can probably afford a HK.

P225
    HK USP 40 Compact

Sig 220 Carry...when will they come out?

At a recent gun show here in VA, two different told me two different time frames-- August and end of the year. Anybody knows a more definitive time?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links