H&K Vs SIG

This is a discussion on H&K Vs SIG within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sig doesnts list a time frame on web site like they do with the 220 sao so try a local dealer see what they say...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: H&K Vs SIG

Sig doesnts list a time frame on web site like they do with the 220 sao so try a local dealer see what they say

2. Remove Ads

I own a 80s Sig P-220 and I love it , For me it fits me great when
    my hands will let me i still shoot it.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I have both Sigs and H&K's I like to shoot the Sigs more than the HK’s the trigger is a lot more crisp and I like the slide release. I carry the a HK compact 9 quite often the grip is a little smaller and with my little hands it is easier to hold and I find my target faster. The HK also carries better lighter and thinner.

Whew, this one is a doozy!!!

Realibility = Both are on equal ground; Ultra Relaible

Looks = Neither will win a beauty contest IMO Not as ugly as a gluck, waaayyy uglier than a fine 1911

Ergonomics = HK all day long in my book. Haing grown up on 1911s the HK works for ME. The SIGS are just weird to me.

The "shoots better" factor = Again very personal opinion. HK wins for me.

Truth be told, either will get the job done, I choose HK
    OPE Prostaff
    www.outdoorproductexchange.com

Sitting Ducks Ltd. Prostaff
    http://www.sittingducks-ltd.com/

hk vs sig?

I went to a gun show to buy a Sig but they didn't have one I wanted. So I found a used UPS compact .40. Bought it. about a month later I bought my Sig. 226 9mm. Sig shoots great. So does the H&K, but I just bought a USP fullsize .45. So you guess. I have both. Which is better is very hard to say, which I like better? The H&K. Why, I'm not really sure. It just feels more comfortable to me.

Sigs Rule!!,IMHO.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

SIG. I rented a USP in 9mm at the range and a 226 back to back. I found the HK to be lacking in accuracy and the grip was a little sharp. Plus the HKs are quite bulky. Fit and finish didn't impress me. I did like the mag release though.

But the 226 was a slick gun. My groups were tighter. Kept all my rounds in the black at 45ft. The trigger feels much better to me over the HK. Plus the SIG was thinner and felt more comfortable in my hands. I have since gotten a 220 for a ccw.

Is the HK thinner than the SIGs? After handling the USP and 226 I felt the HK to be a bit more bulky. I felt the controls on the HK were the cause of this. But I have never compared measurements

Both SIG and H&K will impress you with their quality and materials. I commend you on your selection of two of the finest brands of firearms in the defense industry.

I evaluated both... and made a selection based on semi-daily concealed carry. I chose the H&K USP Compact in 9mm.

My ONLY dissapointment in this model of H&K is the seemingly lack of mainstream holsters avail for the H&K. I dont know if its a case of the "grass is always greener" syndrome, but I see more holsters made for the Sigs. WIth that said... you are buying the Porsche of firearms... so dont put on cheap tires. I bought a Don Dume IWB holster... and would never buy the cheap crap from the retail stores.

I am a vain man I profess, and I want first a fully functional holster, and secondly, I want it to be stylish. Who has a new black porsche 911 Turbo parked under the car port of a trailer house? My point, obviously if you can afford an H&K, you can afford to have a custom made holster to park it in.

If you ask me...H&K is more of a pioneer in weapons manufactuing than Sig. (Its an opinion) but these guys know a thing or two about making true combat grade weapons. Go with H&K and dont look back. I agree with everyone else here who thinks that Glocks are fugly.

H&K - P2000

Ambi controls (slide release and mag. release), no external manual safety, nice trigger config (LEM). Also, I do have an affinity for the mag release on the H&K's and the Walthers.

I do like the Sigs and would love to add one to my collection though.

I have the Sig P229 .40cal and my cousin has the HK USP Compact 9mm. I have to say I think I like the features of his gun better than mine, but I feel Im more accurate with the sig. They are both the same size, sig is a bit heavier, Sig is for someone with a bigger hand and HK seems better for someone with smaller hands.

Both are good

I have two of each brand and have shot them quite a bit. My Sigs are a P226 9mm and a P229 .40, while my H&Ks are a USP 40C and a USP 45F. They have all been absolutely reliable, and they all show good design, materials and manufacturing.

I would say that I prefer the trigger feel of the Sigs, especially in double action mode. In single action mode they are all good.

For carry the H&K USPs are probably better because of their lighter weight than the aluminum framed Sigs. For example, my USP 40c weighs about 24 ounces empty, while my Sig P229 is about 32 ounces empty. But they are very close in physical dimensions - I have a Kramer horsehide belt scabbard holster that was made for the USP 40c, but the Sig P229 fits perfectly in it.

I think you need to have at least one of each brand to have a complete handgun collection. I don't believe you can say that one brand clearly surpasses the other - they are both excellent.

VIP Member
    My USPc..40 has worked flawlessly through a couple thousand rounds for me. My shooting buddy is a Sig guy...I've tried several different models of Sig and was impressed with the accuracy, but I still prefer my HK.

That said, they are both fine handguns, and it boils down to a Ginger vs. Maryanne kind of choice...you win either way

"I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

my experience with sig is limited because i sold mine after multiple failures. im sure i just had a bad one and i know that overall they build fine weapons, but i feel that hk is in another class entirely.

hk's recoil reduction system is the finest in the world, bar none. shoot a fullsize USP in any caliber next to any other weapon you can find and there will be a noticeable recoil difference due to the hk recoil reduction system (basically dual buffer springs).

the USP is the only weapon im aware of that allows you to shoot 45 super out of the box with no modifications to the weapon (although hk recommends changing the recoil spring after 3000 rounds of 45 super) which speaks for the quality of the build.

the hk website says (paraphrase) the USP platform is based on the 1911 (not a clone, but based on it). the grip angle, the controls, and the modified browning action are unmistakably 1911 (in fact i consider the USP to be the 1911 evolved). all it takes is a quick field strip to see further similarities.

i consider the USP to be the finest tactical handgun in the world, as do the most truly elite forces in the world (such as the mk23 SOCOM and many others i can list). it wouldnt be my first choice for a carry weapon due to its overall size, but as a tactical weapon its second to none.

SIG...
    however, I do like the ambi mag release on the HKs--but, to me, they feel like I'm holding a 2x4

SIG +1

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links