Sig P238

This is a discussion on Sig P238 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was in the local gun store yesterday, and I got into a discussion about my Colt Mustang. The counter man said it has been ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig P238

Sig P238

I was in the local gun store yesterday, and I got into a discussion about my Colt Mustang. The counter man said it has been copied by Sieg so its back on the market, so to speak.
    I looked it up on their website and the specifications and dimensions are the same. The exterior look a bit different--Read: hi-tech looking.
    If this gun retains the quality that Colt had, it would be a great pocket/IWB gun.
    My Mustang has been flawless for the 25+ years I have owned and carried it.

I realize there is a recall out, but bad components from a vendor happens to the best of us.

2. Remove Ads

Interesting that Sig has 2 P238's. Mine is an older [maybe 12 years] gun in 9mm, with doubble/single action trigger. It is a 12 round mag. and dot sights.

Just thought I would share that with you.

Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by golfer View Post
    Interesting that Sig has 2 P238's. Mine is an older [maybe 12 years] gun in 9mm, with doubble/single action trigger. It is a 12 round mag. and dot sights.

Just thought I would share that with you.

Best wishes.
    Thats a P228...

Before you buy a Sig 238, please note that this weapon is single action only.
    Heavily Medicated For Your Protection

Quote Originally Posted by NavDoc View Post
    Before you buy a Sig 238, please note that this weapon is single action only.
    Yes, is as the Mustang
    BTW, they have the Colt Mk80 safety, which blocks the firing pin unless the trigger is held back. It can be carried with one in the chamber.
    The only reason I am mentioning this in the first place, is many on this website regard the Mustang as being a very reliable gun, however, discontinued. The Sig looks like a viable alternative.

Administrator
    I think they are neat little niche guns.
    "Just blame Sixto"

They are a very sophisticated "classier" looking .380. Handling them shows the true workmanship and world class production that is Sig Sauer.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mastercapt View Post
    I was in the local gun store yesterday, and I got into a discussion about my Colt Mustang. The counter man said it has been copied by Sieg so its back on the market, so to speak.
    I looked it up on their website and the specifications and dimensions are the same. The exterior look a bit different--Read: hi-tech looking.
    If this gun retains the quality that Colt had, it would be a great pocket/IWB gun.My Mustang has been flawless for the 25+ years I have owned and carried it.
    I realize there is a recall out, but bad components from a vendor happens to the best of us.
    The P238 has taken the proverbial "Beatdown" from critics on a couple of gun boards.

From what pictures I've seen posted by owners it appears that SIG
    did NOT make a "clone" of the Colt Mustang but rather a "sloppy
    copy. "

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Quote Originally Posted by AKsrule View Post
    The P238 has taken the proverbial "Beatdown" from critics on a couple of gun boards.

From what pictures I've seen posted by owners it appears that SIG
    did NOT make a "clone" of the Colt Mustang but rather a "sloppy
    copy. "

Sig bought the design from Colt.
    "Sloppy copy?" Mine is 100% reliable, looks good, and cost less than a used Mustang. It's smaller than my PM-9, more fun to shoot than a LCP. What's not to like?

With 1000's of people on gun forums, anything you post will be "beaten down" by someone. The trick is to separate the BS'ers from the real owners.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    They are a very sophisticated "classier" looking .380. Handling them shows the true workmanship and world class production that is Sig Sauer.
    I handled one for the first time in person today and, on my first impression, I must agree. It has a much better feel than the Ruger LCP or .380 KelTecs.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

I've had mine for two months now and love the gun. It is very easy to carry and so much fun to shoot. Only downside is the 380 ammo prices.

do you pocket carry with hammer cocked or hammer down? with pocket holster

Quote Originally Posted by Yamatr3 View Post
    I've had mine for two months now and love the gun. It is very easy to carry and so much fun to shoot. Only downside is the 380 ammo prices.
    i wish they would start making all these 380s into 9x18 makarov,a little more power and cheaper ammo
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

The early problems caused the beat down. When you make say 4000 flawed products that happens. Lets add the fact that there was very little support after the purchase. Then try waiting about 5 weeks on a replacement. Yea I bought a Sig not a taurus. Add all the customer emails and phone calls never returned.

The gun itself is a good product. It just needs to be reliable before they try to make it in 28 flavors.
    "When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in
    your back pocket.. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel
    or the tooth fairy...and you're gonna be one of 'em pretty soon."

Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Yamatr3 View Post
    Take heart. I just received two backorders for S&B .380 at $17/50
    Not too bad in my book.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links