Anybody had any experience with the FN P40?

This is a discussion on Anybody had any experience with the FN P40? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay, I picked up the Kel-Tec Sub-2000 folding carbine in 40S&W. Got tons of Glock mags and it's made for the M23 as a flush ...

Thread: Anybody had any experience with the FN P40?

Lightbulb Anybody had any experience with the FN P40?

Okay, I picked up the Kel-Tec Sub-2000 folding carbine in 40S&W. Got tons of Glock mags and it's made for the M23 as a flush fit, I think. I'll post pics and do a range report when I get the chance.

NOW I have my eye on a gun I saw at the gunshop where I did the transfer. The FN P40 is a nice little gun that holds 14 rds of 40 and comes with THREE mags when new. It has the now obligatory interchangeable backstrap. I fired the FN 5.7mm last weekend at the range. While I would never own one (what's it good for? ),I was impressed with the ergonomics and the fit & finish. It shot a little low from point of aim at 25 yards, but it was an unfamiliar weapon and it could very well have been me. Decent groups, though.

SO back to the FN P40, anybody out there had any shooting experience with this gun? Anybody know if $475 (NIB) is too high or spot on?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I don't know anything about this particular gun, but FN's are notoriously spendy. $475 seems like a good price for an FN...if it's a good gun. As a general rule they are.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    Ex: OnPoint Firearms here in St. Pete has the P40 w/ 3 14 rd mags for $427 or the same gun w/ night sights at 514. Their prices seem pretty good on most items. You can check their web site www.onpointsupply.com Hope this helps.

I have the FNP-9 and it is a fine shooting gun. Very accurate and reliable. I have never had any problems whatsover. Mine was about $400.00 and it came with 3 magazines (16+1). I am sure the FNP-40 is just as good as the FNP-9 when it comes to shooting and handling.

I agree with you regarding the FN 5.7 I find it overpriced for a polymer not to speak of the ammo that apart from scarce and possibly marginal is too costly (when you can find it).
    Last edited by RCS2; June 2nd, 2006 at 10:26 PM.
    MY GUN, MY RIGHT!!

Links