Ruger P95 Owners

Ruger P95 Owners

This is a discussion on Ruger P95 Owners within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After looking at this gun today at Cabelas, I am very impressed just with it. Feels great nice balance in the hand. For those that ...

Thread: Ruger P95 Owners

Ruger P95 Owners

After looking at this gun today at Cabelas, I am very impressed just with it. Feels great nice balance in the hand.
    For those that own this gun, how well do you like it and it isn't priced bad at all.
    Best place around Allentown PA to purchase the gun?
    Thanks

I have one , It is a very good and reliable gun but it is a little too big for my hands, it is the first Semi auto I ever owned, I bought it about 10 years ago, I have been debating selling it because it just sits in my safe day after day.
    Well You Boys Gonna Pull Them Pistols, Or Whistle Dixie.

I have one. Can't remember how long I've had it but think it's a great shooting piece. In fact I used it for my CHL test. Originally I got it for concealled carry but I think it's too big for that. But for home defence and on the range it's great. I've put a lot of rounds through it and it's always functioned flawlessly.

I've got one that I've put a couple hundred rounds through. I bought it used and when I brought it home it was pretty dirty and had several failures to fire in a row as a result. After a good cleaning it has functioned flawlessly since then.

I have one with about three or four boxes through it now.

Got mine from World of Guns through either GunBrokers or AuctionArms. Their number is 631-249-1832.

I think this is a good weapon. It is easy to shoot and, on the tactical side, the magazine drop is as good as my brother's Smith and Wesson.

My gunsmith worked over the weapon a little and I now have a lighter trigger pull.

The vendor I mentioned treated me fairly, shipped quickly, and took a return from another weapon I had purchased from them.

I suspect you can get a better weapon than a P95 but I can't see where you can get a better weapon for the price.

I wish you well.
    Lloyd Colston KC5FM
    Altus, OK USA http://wx5em.us
    http://kc5fm.blogspot.com

jbs
    I like mine. carry it occasionally. It has a long DA trigger pull and will feel gritty at first. If you sit back with it unloaded and pull the trigger a couple hundred times it smooths out and I like the way it feels. SA is fine right out of the box. It eats any kind of ammo i've put through it.
    If I need to oil a gun, I go to the beach.
    8040 Couger, P95
    1929 MN 91/30, 1927/28 MN Ex Dragoon, MN M44's, Lots of MN's
    Swiss LG1911 1915 and 1916
    Brazilian VZ-24 JC (2), Brazilian Model 1908
    Spanish M1916

Don't know about the P-95, but I did own a P-90 back in the 90s; it was a big gun, but rock-solid reliable and as accurate as any Sig.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Thanks much appreciated. I think that my dad and I will be purchasing 1 each, unless I purchase a G17......

For a 27 OZ. Gun ,with a polly frame It's a great shooter, ONE ragged hole
    out to 15 yards & a lifetime warrenty at a great price, You cant go wrong ;-)
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

The P95 may be the best buy pistol on the market. Glock 17 is a world class fighting gun. Solution? Get Both!

Love mine, don't give it as much loving as i should but that will change now that i've decided to use it as my IPSC gun. dad bought it used 10 or 15 years ago for about $200ish. Runs great, although I need to clean it it hasn't been cleaned in months and i have no clue how many hundreds of rounds it has through it. Will eat any factory ammo with out a hiccup, even different rounds/manufacturers in the same magazine hasn't phased mine one bit. For the price I can't think of anything better, but then again I am a Ruger man so what do i know? Good luck and welcome to the family :)

I have one, great gun, very accurate, reliable, durable like a tank. Fires any ammo. Great first auto and inexpensive. Bought an older one (decocker model)used and it has been perfect. A little too big for me to CC, but some do. Terrific truck/nightstand/range gun and carriable with right set-up. You'll be pleased with it.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

P-95 for $269.95

Hoffman's Gun Store in CT is selling them for 269.95. I believe they will do internet sales. Check them out.

Good Luck!
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

Sponsored Links