Kel Tec P-11. Just got one....

This is a discussion on Kel Tec P-11. Just got one.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; With a portion of my tax return, I decided to purchase something I've been needing for a while, which is a BUG, or "everywhere" carry. ...

Thread: Kel Tec P-11. Just got one....

With a portion of my tax return, I decided to purchase something I've been needing for a while, which is a BUG, or "everywhere" carry. Until now, I've been carrying my G22 or G21 everywhere. While comforting, it's been a challenge. With my job, it's simply not very easy to carry that much gun, what with the bending, lifting, twisting and crouching.
    So, I went and picked up a P-11 today. I hope to run a few hundred rounds through it on Sunday. Seems like a great little gun so far. Very solid, much sturdier feeling than I'd expected for the size.
    I picked up a S&W 12 rounder as a spare mag. Now I just need a good holster, and I'm in business.

"Water can flow, or it can crash. Be like water, my friend."-Bruce Lee

My Blog

"Luck, often enough, will save a man if his courage does hold."

Assistant Administrator
    Hey Fjol' - long time no see!!!

Sounds good and I must say that is the one KT semi I could well be tempted to get one day. I had a good look at one belonging to Markus on THR, at a shoot out east a ways back - felt very good and seems performance is very reliable.

Enjoy.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

P-11

Good luck with your new purchase. It's got a long trigger pull so practice is a must.

Just put about 80 rds through my P-11 using my new Kel-Tec 12 rd mag. I've had it an carried it daily for about 5 years. The P-11 and new mag both functioned perfectly. I had no trouble keeping all rds in the center of a silouette target at 25 or more feet in rapid fire. I am now carrying 13 rds of WW Silvertip in my right front pocket holster (the holster has a non-print panel. This works well in Docker style pants, but not in jeans. P3AT for jeans). I feel very secure.

Shoulda waited to see kel-tecs new 9mm. A llighter slimmer version. And I hear the trigger is alot better than the p-11. A cross between the p-11 and the p3at triggers. I might take a look at one of those when they come out this summer. Good luck with your p-11 i hear they are good guns also.

Sixgun

I thought about the new Kel Tec 9mm, but I decided the slight reduction in size wasn't worth the loss of round capacity to me. I haven't decided yet if I like the long trigger pull. I've heard them described as gritty, but mine isn't. We'll see, once I've fired it. I've been looking at holsters, and I think I've narrowed it down to the Comptac CTAC, with a Don Hume clipon IWB for home. Funny, I only paid $255 for the gun, my holster cost will go over $100.
    Anybody have suggestions for good ammo with this short barrel? I've picked up some Hornady Tap for it, but I really would appreciate advice. I'm used to .45 and .40, so this puny 9mm has me a bit perplexed. I'd like to wring all the performance I can out of this childsized round.
    "Water can flow, or it can crash. Be like water, my friend."-Bruce Lee

My Blog

"Luck, often enough, will save a man if his courage does hold."

[Anybody have suggestions for good ammo with this short barrel?

Winchester Silvertips have functioned perfectly in mine for over 5 yrs. Just bought another box today.

VIP Member
    Those P11's seem like decent guns, but the compact 9mm role has been filled in my collection by two Kahr 9mm's.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Got one and I love it. It will shoot just about anything that I feed it. I carry Federal Hydro Shok ammo. Also the Silvertips ammo does well in the P11. Go to the KTOG.org site for more information on the P11 and other Kel-Tec gun. Don't worry about a holster get the belt clip that KT has made for the gun. It work well and I have not had any problems with the belt clip.

frankmako

I believe there is a good thread on this site for HP 9mm options. Congrats on the new gun.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

I really like my P-11. I second the belt clip from Kel-Tec. It is much slimmer than two layers of leather. Easier to don than a holster. I just tuck the pistol inside my jeans with the clip over the top of the jeans and under the belt. If you slide the clip through the 3 oclock belt loop front to back it even gives the gun nice forward cant.

Links