Night Stand Gun - Page 4

Night Stand Gun

This is a discussion on Night Stand Gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jwalker497 For the Nightstand Role, I specifically decided on the XD becuase of its capacity, compact size, and safety features. Love 1911s ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Night Stand Gun

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker497 View Post
    For the Nightstand Role, I specifically decided on the XD becuase of its capacity, compact size, and safety features. Love 1911s too but for this role, gotta go with the XD. I think you get all the advantages of a GLock with some added bonuses, imho.

Love the XD45!!

Yea, its just a better gun !!
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

I am the odd one out here, wife and I both carry Kel Tec P3AT and we just put them on the night stands at night.

380 HP at close range hopefully want over penetrate a BG and do damage to other who might be in home.

Extra mag and flash light and cell phone finish out the night stand.

870 with 00 buckshot near bed if things get out of hand.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    I am the odd one out here, wife and I both carry Kel Tec P3AT and we just put them on the night stands at night.

380 HP at close range hopefully want over penetrate a BG and do damage to other who might be in home.

Extra mag and flash light and cell phone finish out the night stand.

870 with 00 buckshot near bed if things get out of hand.
    It's better than nothing at all thats for sure.
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...

1*

NRA Member

Home Defense scenario provides the obvious reality that god forbid you have to use, at least you know what the environment will be - the house. In that environment, I feel the 45acp is the best choice for 2 reasons.

1.) it's a more powerful round, and I don't need to worry about carrying or comfort. If somoene breaks in my house, Iwant the biggest caliber I have to stop the threat.

2.) I think the 45acp will be less penetrating and therefore less dangerous to bystanders inside the house and nearby neighboors as opposed to 357 magnum, 40 cal, 357 sig, and even 9mm.

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    Check out the J.I.C by mossberg. O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc. - Firearms, Shotguns, Rifles, Accessories, and Precision Machining

Its not a handgun, which is a good thing.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

You can keep a .45 caliber hand cannon on your night stand with a shotgun leaning in a corner.

mine is the 642 or the LCP....

Having a dedicated night stand gun is a fine excuse. My firearm budget does not allow for me buying too many pistols so I just use my XD-45 that I use for everything else. I get the "buy another gun" bug very often, but quickly realize I've already got an amazing handgun. I'll probably buy myself a j-frame one of these days, but other than that, if I get my hands on a tactical light for the XD, I'll be good to go.
    Beretta 92FS

Quote Originally Posted by Tros View Post
    Having a dedicated night stand gun is a fine excuse. My firearm budget does not allow for me buying too many pistols so I just use my XD-45 that I use for everything else. I get the "buy another gun" bug very often, but quickly realize I've already got an amazing handgun. I'll probably buy myself a j-frame one of these days, but other than that, if I get my hands on a tactical light for the XD, I'll be good to go.
    Voice of reason.

1*

NRA Member

Very interesting reading. My wife's bedside gun is a Colt Detective Special with 38+P Hornady Critical Defense rounds. I keep a Glock 32 w/Double Tap's (357 Sig with 13 rd mag and one in chamber) on my side plus a 12 gauge Winchester riot gun in the nearby corner with Remington 2-3/4 #4 buck. When I leave town on business trips, the G32 becomes my wifes bedside gun as the 357 Sig has significant KE but is easy to shoot/control as she weighs about 90# dripping wet. My bedside gun is my daily carry so when I chose to carry my Kimber Tactical Ultra II (45 ACP), that becomes my bedside gun. When I'm out of town, the Kimber does not become the wifes gun since it is harder to control with +P rounds and she wants more rounds that 7+1.

I will be picking up my Lewis Machine Tool (LMT) M4 upper and lower in two days and that will become the wife's "corner" gun in the bedroom.
    SE Texas Patriot Guard Rider, NRA Patron, TSRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis128 View Post
    Rats, I was about to suggest a Glock, as you can change calibers as easy as swapping out barrels. I don't know that any other brand has that versatility.
    EAA Witness requires changing the slide assembly and magazine to shoot .22, 9mm, .40, .45, .38 Super, or 10mm

but for bedside, I prefer the XD-45, too
    tactile verification (cocked? loaded?) in the dark is nice

I keep my M&P 40 Full size on night stand,it has night sights,CT laser grips,and a surefire flash light,right beside it too..The one on top in pic...the Bottom gun,my Glock 27,has same night sights,and CT laser grips,my work and EDC gun.

This is what I keep by my bedside. Remington 870P loaded with 00buck between nightstand and bed, and M&P full size 45 with TLR2 light/laser combo attached with an extra mag full of Gold Dots in nightstand drawer.
    IF YOU STAY READY, YOU AIN'T GOT TO GET READY

My Glock-36 is my EDC and my night stand companion. Try the grip on the G-36...a lot thinner than all other Glocks.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Warning ,we both practice shooting................ A LOT!!!

My Glock 27 with nitesiters and crimsom trace laser grips and 120 lumen mounted lite. If that doesn't work than its the mossberg 590 pistol grip back up. Oh Yeah, the wife has a SR9 and a 410 pistol grip mossberg. I forgot our warning system, our bullmastiff and rotti. in the bed room and they sleep very lightly.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links