your life

This is a discussion on your life within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello I'm not real sure but I would say that the glock pistol and the 1911 pistol are among the most popular carry handguns, feel ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: your life

your life

Hello

I'm not real sure but I would say that the glock pistol and the 1911 pistol are among the most popular carry handguns, feel free to inject on that with your own thoughts.

To try and get a straight common sense answers which one do you really trust your life and your families life with?
    I know every one says I carry a 1911 because it's the best battle gun ever built or I carry a glock because it is the most reliable combat gun there is.

So my question which is it Glock or 1911?

Don't get me wrong, I carry both so I'm not trying to get anyones but in an uproar just looking for some unbiased reality replies!

I love the 1911 and mine have been just as reliable as my glocks but for some reason in the dead of the night I think I would grab my G20.

2. Remove Ads

For me without a doubt it's the Glock. That said, any pistol can malfunction, but IMO and experience with my Glock of 15 years and thousands of rounds DR, the Glock platform just works and works all day long. YMMV

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

RMS
    I have both a Glock and 1911. I trust both with my life. The only advantage that I see is that the Glock has a greater mag capacity. Just my opinion.

Many companies make a 1911 - which are you referring to?

I trust my life to all of my possible carry pieces - if I didn't, I wouldn't carry them.
    XD9SC
    XD40SC
    Steyr S9
    Steyr S40
    Bersa Thunder 380
    until recently - Taurus 85UL (gave it to my sister-in-law to carry)
    Colt Defender
    Springfield v10 Ultra Compact

Quote Originally Posted by Keltyke View Post
    Many companies make a 1911 - which are you referring to?

I trust my life to all of my possible carry pieces - if I didn't, I wouldn't carry them.
    XD9SC
    XD40SC
    Steyr S9
    Steyr S40
    Bersa Thunder 380
    until recently - Taurus 85UL (gave it to my sister-in-law to carry)
    Colt Defender
    Springfield v10 Ultra Compact
    I didn't really think of any one company when it comes to 1911's just a general question. There is a lot of good ones out there some that will jump out and surprise you like the new para GI nice gun for the price.

As Keltyke said, "I trust my life to all of my possible carry pieces - if I didn't, I wouldn't carry them."

But none of them are 1911's or Glocks. Just happen to own and TRUST a few others.

bosco

Quote Originally Posted by boscobeans View Post
    As Keltyke said, "I trust my life to all of my possible carry pieces - if I didn't, I wouldn't carry them."

But none of them are 1911's or Glocks. Just happen to own and TRUST a few others.

bosco
    Well come on now don't keep us all in the dark tell us what your fav is to carry!

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    There are just so many factors to consider. For me, I used to own 1911s. I sold them all and am now strictly Glock platform.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    I don't own a Glock.

I would completely trust my life to my para 1911 though. Reason is I bought it, stripped it and built it up myself. Its not my carry piece. I carry my M&P45c and trust my life to it every day it goes in the holster and I walk out the door with it.

I still have my Kimbers and love them, but during the past 5 months I have grown closer to my Glocks, my Glock-36 is now my EDC.
    I am taking my first Glock Armorer Course in Feb.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

For me, the Glock, only because my 1911 is about 20 years old (only one I have) and was built as a race gun and unfortuanely is a little picky with anything besides ball ammo, otherwise I would be fine with it too.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I still have my Kimbers and love them, but during the past 5 months I have grown closer to my Glocks, my Glock-36 is now my EDC.
    I am taking my first Glock Armorer Course in Feb.
    I used to have a glock 36 I'm still kicking myself in the but for trading it. My glock 30 is my fav now in the smaller models but I like the full size G21 and G20 the best. That 10mm is addictive, of course when you are a gun nut it 's all addictive.

I happen to have one of each, a Glock 23 and a Para USA GI Expert. Since this is nothing more than an opinion poll, I prefer the Glock.

Of course, my opinion is a little biased since I've still not broken the Para in.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS View Post
    I have both a Glock and 1911. I trust both with my life. The only advantage that I see is that the Glock has a greater mag capacity. Just my opinion.
    Pretty much my thoughts. The only thing I can add, is that the XD45 fits my hand better than the G21, so for a double stack .45, I'd pick an XD...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Here we go again...

Accuracy is more important than Mag. capacity.

It's about you, your pistol and your proficiency with it.

"In a Gunfight, you cannot miss fast enough to win"......L. Vickers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links