Waiting for its arrival....

This is a discussion on Waiting for its arrival.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In two weeks, give or take a few days, I will be the proud owner of a new XD9SC. I was wanting a Glock, but ...

Thread: Waiting for its arrival....

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar

Waiting for its arrival....

In two weeks, give or take a few days, I will be the proud owner of a new XD9SC. I was wanting a Glock, but all in all, I think this will work out nicely. It is configured as pictured, with the tactical light, a 16rd mag and a 13rd mag, and the XD gear. They had it listed at 459.99 which was only $30 more than the one w/o the light. It is sitting in layaway as we speak, asking for me to pick it up.

I would have gotten the 40, but they only had the OD green in stock, not my thing.
    Attached Images
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

2. Remove Ads

I had a XD, sold it to a buddy as I have the same/similar gun in my Glock 19 but I liked it alot, they are well built guns, easy to maintain and have a great following. You will be pleased. Congrats and give us a pic of it when you get it....a pic of yours not the canned photo!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Sorry for the stock photo, I think other than my dad, I am the only one that does not have a camera on my phone (this is the most basic cell phone I have ever owned).

I wanted to get either a Glock 32 or a 19, but this was $100 cheaper, and I figured what the heck. I am a bit more comfortable having the grip safety as well. I use to have a 19, loved it, still remember he serial number, and I sold it in 2004.
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

I'll be paying a total of $432 shipped for my wife's G26 in a couple of weeks when they have them in stock. GSSF member discount. Good luck with your new Springfield when it arrives. Have you decided on what holster you'll be carrying that XD in? Has anyone actually CC'd with the XD gear holster or whatever comes with it? Magazine holder and all? I've seen some XD (kits) fully laid out in a suitcase size box. Looks good for IPSC or IDPA, but what about ready for the streets? I mean what are you actually getting that you're going to use effectively for CC out of all that gear for $100 cheaper than a brand new Glock? I'm assuming that it comes with a holster that will facilitate the tac-light? I'm just sayin'. And I'm not trying to sell anyone on Glock, and I have no experience with any XD. Thing is, I just think I may know why the Glock is more on price, and why Springfield's marketing tactics seem to be drawing more of a crowd in some instances. I'm not hinting at quality or workmanship here....it's just marketing tactics basically. It's just like store shelves and what's on the middle (eye level) shelves. Or that special something that you want priced at $14.99 as opposed to a sticker of $15.00. By all outward appearances....it just simply looks better. It's like buying gasoline somewhere else for $2.39 a gallon when your favorite station has it for $2.45 a gallon and you're only going to buy five gallons of gas. We all know ever since gasoline prices went over 99 per gallon and total consumers increased that it's been over-priced anyway. So....in the end....what's your total savings by purchasing something cheaper than what you actually wanted?
    Quote Originally Posted by justherenow View Post

I wanted to get either a Glock 32 or a 19, but this was $100 cheaper, and I figured what the heck.
    I'm just sayin', and I don't mean nothin' by it. But when you said the word "cheaper", it just opened the door for me to do so. I scrape the internet every single day to see what's selling and for what price. I need to because I plan on being part of the end user market soon, and making money for myself fixing other people's guns. That's going to be the market in the future as economics demand keeping what you already have. Just like folks will be fixing their automobiles and keeping them alive for more miles rather than trading them in every three years or so for a new one. Yesterday was the day you could say 'a penny saved was a penny earned'. Today is the day when you can ask yourself...'how far is that penny earned going to go?' Because the fact of the matter is people expect more out of what they buy now than before for simple economic reasons. The whole industry is coming around to that knowledge very soon if they haven't already.
    Among other things, I haven't been getting enough sleep lately. So if anything I've said here seems to hit you the wrong way, either forgive me, or overlook it all-together.

Nothing hit the wrong way, no worries there, always respect and look forwards to your postings. There are about 5-10 people on here who I feel I can trust and respect, your on that list.

I loved my Glock, I wont lie about that, I also had a bit of a crush on the XD since last summer just before I got my CHL. The gear really did nothing for me, I highly doubt I will be using it for anything, MAYBE using the holster when OC'ing around the house. The light, it was just a bonus, one I can put on it at night when it goes in the stand next to me (note, I will only leave it in the stand if I am not wearing it and I am in the room, otherwise, it is in the safe as I have children).

The Glocks were right at $549-569, which is about $75 more than last month, and I just felt, for me, the extra money I saved could be used for a holster and/or some ammo. Also, I am on a budget some what. I have property taxes and other large bills that need to be paid soon as well.

One day, I may buy another Glock, and if I am not happy with the XD, that day will be sooner than later, but for now, the XD it is. Much better than that Taurus PT25 I was carrying.
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

I also purchased the same package. I directly compared the XD subcompact with a G26 and a S&W M&P compact. I have a Glock and a S&W, but the XD felt better in my hands than the others, and I like its features, such as the loaded chamber indication, that the Glock 26 doesn't have.

However, I do not care for the included holster with the XD Gear, and it will not accept the gun with the tactical light (Insight X1L). It is not that big of a deal for me.

The XD subcompact feels right on the draw, and it shoots very well. As a footnote, the Uncle Mike's size 16 holster will allow you to carry with the light. Good luck and enjoy! BTW, did you buy it from Vance's/Buckeye Outdoors?
    Guns: Glock 22, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30 & 36
    Rides: 2006 GTO with my turbo system and tune (635 RWHP); 2009 H-D Street Glide with many mods

Quote Originally Posted by GTOGuy View Post

BTW, did you buy it from Vance's/Buckeye Outdoors?
    Buckeye Outdoors, its only about 15-20 minutes from my house.
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

VIP Member
    Congrats on the new XD...

I have two Glocks and an XD45...They're all great guns...The XD gear might be used for the range, IDPA or IPSC, but I don't shoot competitively anymore... I agree with RamRod on the marketing stuff... I think that's part of the reason the XD's became so popular so quickly...

The best use I've found for the XD gear holster... I attached it to the frame of the bed, since I use the XD45 as a bedside gun...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Links