NOW i have the perfect carry gun.......

This is a discussion on NOW i have the perfect carry gun....... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just traded my Glock 32 for a Glock 19 today...... I really like the 357 Sig round, especially for CCW....but i just got damn ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I just traded my Glock 32 for a Glock 19 today......

I really like the 357 Sig round, especially for CCW....but i just got damn fed up with the un-reliability of the Glock 32.....

I would have at least two fail to feed jams out of every 50 rounds...using four different mags....I have wasted hundreds of dollars on ammo trying to get it to be reliable......bought new mags, changed followers, polished feed ramp, changed recoil spring and tried six different brands of ammo with the same result......and im not about to spend another couple hundred dollars sending it back and forth to Glock to TRY and make it right, and then another hundred on ammo to see if it runs......I should have settled on 9mm and stuck with it....

I have been reading a LOT of threads through different fourms about the Glock 40/357 guns having many, many issues.....

I believe that the Glock is most reliable in 9mm, i owned one years ago and never had a problem with it...never one jam.....

traded for my new 19 today, bought 250 rounds of FMJ and ran perfectly.....going to run another 300 through it on Saturday along with some premium hollowpoints....

here is a pic in my carry rig.....a TT gunleather pancake holster which is EXCELLENT.......

I had 2 Glocks chambered in 40. G23 and G27. 100% reliable. I have also heard more than one person mention problems with the 357 sig chambering. Your setup looks good. I hope you will have good luck with it.
    Healthy children will not fear life, if their parents have integrity enough not to fear death.
    -TIME DEUM ET OPERARE IUSTITIAM--

thanks.....i originally started out with a Sig P229 in 357, which was, for me...way to big for everyday carry

the 357sig and 45 gap glocks are the only glocks that i don't have. but as the g19 goes, it is one of the best. i never had any problems with any of my glocks.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce21b View Post
    thanks.....i originally started out with a Sig P229 in 357, which was, for me...way to big for everyday carry
    That's funny because I think a G-19 is too big for everyday carry. Great gun, but she is a bit big.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

VIP Member
    I think you're really gonna like the G19. I've yet to find a 9mm round that mine didn't eat like candy.

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    the 357sig and 45 gap glocks are the only glocks that i don't have. but as the g19 goes, it is one of the best. i never had any problems with any of my glocks.
    I am SO jealous right now!!!
    I'm so jealous, I'm switching parties and imposing a Glock tax. Send me any 2 of your Glocks, except the 26, and one to Bumper. (Gotta pay the lion his due) Then we'll be straight.

Bruce, that's a sweet looking rig you've got. Hope the G19 works better for you.
    The views expressed above are the opinion of the poster and may or may not be total bunk.
    Viewer discretion is advised.

Wise move, Grasshopper!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The Glock was designed around the 9mm....that's why it's best at it IMO. I haven't heard much bad about the .357sig Glocks. I've never had any problems out of any of my Glocks in 9mm, 40S&W, or 45acp. I also think the G19/23 pistols are the perfect size for CC with ample capacity.
    Congratulations on your new G19!

Administrator
    I dont care what anybody else has to say, the G19 is one of the best pistols ever made.
    And yes, Glocks are better in 9mm.
    "Just blame Sixto"

my 21sf has yet to have problem ive got 500 rounds through it with out single problem no cleanin yet (dusted off the outside after shot thats it) they built the 19 the best though IMO ive shot several and love them smooth accurate no problems but the 21sf is great also i will post when i get my first jam/missfeed/no fire

Sweet! I love my Glock 19. Probably my favorite handgun I have owned. I'm hoping to get a 26 to go with it when I get back to the states.
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Interesting...one of the supposed advantages of the .357 Sig is that it is a bottlenecked round, and is thus supposed to be virtually immune from feeding issues.

I would have sent it back to Glock...they have excellent customer service, and I doubt they would have charged you to fix it (did you at least call them?).

If you join GSSF, you can have Glock armorers inspect/fix your Glock for free at any match, FYI.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    That's funny because I think a G-19 is too big for everyday carry. Great gun, but she is a bit big.
    hi,

well, the 26 would be perfectly-perfect (is that a word, lol) for carry but i just dont like guns that you cant get a full grip on and your pinky hangs below (like j frame snubby)...i know you can get extensions but i dont trust those things because of magazine reliability......

but the 19 lets me get all of my hand on it and nothing more, which is great......the 229 i had its grip was almost the same length, but FAT....

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I think you're really gonna like the G19. I've yet to find a 9mm round that mine didn't eat like candy.
    thats good to hear after all the BS the 32 has put me thru...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links