CC Auto for small hands

This is a discussion on CC Auto for small hands within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; MgoBlue, Very attractive grips on your EMP 9mm. But I kind of like the purchase I can get on the stock checkered grips, since I ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CC Auto for small hands

MgoBlue,

Very attractive grips on your EMP 9mm. But I kind of like the purchase I can get on the stock checkered grips, since I plan to CC with mine.

Bill
    Bill Orr
    SMSgt, USAF (Ret)

NRA Life Member
    Utah and Idaho CCW holder

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by bradktn View Post
    I love the feel of my EMP9, but I've had a few reliability issues with it. The last few hundred rounds have been without problems but I still don't entirely trust it. It has been supplanted for me by my Walther PPS, which has been flawless so far.
    The only feed problem I had with my 40 was with a 180gr cast TCFP reload, and they would not feed . Everything else, commercial or reloaded Hornady XTPs fed fine.

Not an issue with me since I will always load factory Speer Gold Dots when carrying .

Bill
    Bill Orr
    SMSgt, USAF (Ret)

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
    Next time you are at the gun store, try on a CZ. They tend to be good for smaller grips.
    I'd have to agree with CZs especially the PCR and P-01 with the closer trigger. My last purchase was a Jericho 941 9mm compact and the grip and trigger are excellent for smaller hands. I think you'd be surprised how small the grip on these double stacks are AND the price on them is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by orrwdd View Post
    MgoBlue,

Very attractive grips on your EMP 9mm. But I kind of like the purchase I can get on the stock checkered grips, since I plan to CC with mine.

Bill
    Bill,

You have to remember that mine is a 9mm 1911. I've kept the original grips, but they just sit in the box . . . since the recoil is amazingly tame. YMMV (since you're shooting a .40 S&W piece).

Thats a sweet little 1911.

Small hands here as well. I like the EMP, but for me two things scared me away: cocked and locked carry and the price.
    May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

This new ruger compact that's being discussed has a fairly small 1911ish grip and compared to the G26/27 it is a good deal thinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jacket View Post
    Small hands here as well. I like the EMP, but for me two things scared me away: cocked and locked carry and the price.
    1911's have been carried Cocked and Locked (Condition One) for many, many years. With proper training and practice it is not a problem, just be aware of what you are doing during the draw, and keep your finger out of the trigger guard.

I grew up shooting an old GI issue 1911, those lessons from my father have stayed with me. I much prefer the first shot SA trigger pull over DA.

As for the price, I just had to bite the bullet to get the gun I REALLY wanted. At least I had one to sell for half the price of the
    EMP.

Bill
    Bill Orr
    SMSgt, USAF (Ret)

NRA Life Member

Northern Piedmont of Va. & Middle of Nowhere, W.Va.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    The Kahr K9 9mm semi-auto is very good for smaller hands, as well.....
    Strongly agree. The K9 Elite 2003 NS is the perfect gun, right out of the box. A bit pricey, but well worth it. Best value. And from a bench-rest, you can repeatedly put bullets through the same hole in the target at seven yards.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

Nothing I say as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice. Legal questions should be presented to a competent attorney licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    Strongly agree. The K9 Elite 2003 NS is the perfect gun, right out of the box.
    'fraid there's no such thing. Every gun is a compromise of some sort. Still . . . it is natural to want to rationalize that the gun (or guns, as the case may be) that we have is the best. But, when we do that we are simply engaging in a mind game.

I guess that's why so many of us have so many different guns. We are on a quest--and the search is what we really find intriguing!

I have small hands and small fingers. The Kahr P Series fits good. also, and I do not understand how, the Springfield XD45 feels like it was made for me. Seriously, I don't get it, but it does. My S&W Model 65 also fits great, with the proper grip selection.

Cool that the EMP fits you so well. That's the great benefit of having a competitive market. We get what we want, and don't have to settle for just what's available. you might have to save up a bit, but the best gun for you is out there...
    Washington Post 06/28/2010 re: Supreme Court Decision
    "The court's decision means that the enigmatically worded Second Amendment... identifies an individual right to gun ownership, like the freedom of speech, that cannot be unduly restricted by Congress, state laws or city ordinances. "

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jacket View Post
    Yeah, condition 1 carry has always made me nervous, too. Even when I know that I'm carrying my Glock, PF9, and LCP in essentially condition 1, too. It's just that you can't see it!

If you sit back and rationally think on it, though, you'll see that a 1911 in condition 1 is a really, really safe pistol. Two safeties, which is two more than the PF9. And if you ever fool with a 1911 you'll find out the hammer is not going to come down unless you have a firm grip on it and pull the trigger. I found that out by trying to decock an unloaded 1911 one time. I kept letting up on my grip.

I've been fondling both the EMP and 45 Micro over at the local gun store. Makes me wish I had $1k just lying around......
    There are two kinds of people in the world, those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

I too have small hands. I carry and use a Karh Arms P9. Kahr makes some great gun specifically for carry.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

A 1911 is perfect for small hands. A lot of people overlook it because overall its BIG. A single stack mag and the fact that the magwell and grips are compact in design make it great for small hand, especially with a GI style short trigger.

dal205,

Yes either the EMP or the Micro 45 would be an excellent choice. When I get enough money for an additional purchase I would like to get a Loaded Champion or the Ultra Compact to replace my Dad's old Colt 1911 A1. Which I would then need to pass along to one of my 4 younger brothers.

Ahh, the stuff dreams are made of.

Bill
    Bill Orr
    SMSgt, USAF (Ret)

NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links