I'm tired of the gun shows

This is a discussion on I'm tired of the gun shows within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For some strange reason, the RK Gun Show has been in Knoxville every other weekend for about the last three months. I don't know why. ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm tired of the gun shows

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar

I'm tired of the gun shows

For some strange reason, the RK Gun Show has been in Knoxville every other weekend for about the last three months. I don't know why. Don't get me wrong; I love the fact that they have them here, but it's always the same vendors with the same stuff. They must be doing well, though, to be doing it this much. I do, however, find most of the stuff there to be overpriced.

So how are the shows in your area? New and exciting or dull?
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

2. Remove Ads

With you on that...but I am still going tomorrow. Just had a thought we ought to start a DC Knoxville meeting at the gun shows.

it is the same thing just down the road from you. the gun shows are knife and beef jerky shows along with some over price guns. it is the rambo's that keeps them in business. also you can get some socks while you are at the show.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

HEAR,HEAR ! Over Priced and SSDD in Ft. Lauderdale. Its so packed though it's hard to walk, much less look @ anything. What gets me is the gangbangers w/their GF's AND GF's KIDS ! Making an outing of it !

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    I find them dull, and have for the past 15yrs. Now and then you can find a bargain, but it's rare. I dislike the crowds, the attitudes of many, and the feeling that I'm being done a wonderful service by having such special items made available to me. Fact is, I'll seek out sources when I find a need for an item. Until then, it's just so much window shopping at inflated prices.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

If it isn't overpriced then it is junk.

I quit going to gun shows years ago...never again.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    I went to my first and only a few months back. I was REALLY excited about going, but the show was kind of a letdown. Not what I expected. Not a great selection of what I personally was looking for, and very overpriced. But I did find a cool knife for Jr's collection, so that was a plus.

Yesterday I was told we need to set up a booth at the one here Valentine's weekend. Eep! So I guess I'll be doing the gun shows from the other side of the table now.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

but it's always the same vendors with the same stuff. I do, however, find most of the stuff there to be overpriced
    the price to get it one $9.00 the guns in there i could get cheaper at 3 local gun stores... and there were venders there that had nothing to do with guns.....
    whats up with that.....
    XD9sc
    Ruger LCP 380
    NAA 22 mini mag w/holster grip
    S&W 38 model 10
    NRA member

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    About the only thing worthwhile for me at the gun show anymore is the fact that Georgia Arms shows up with some good cheap range ammo. Fondling the stuff and getting some beef jerky is what takes up the rest of my time. Basically, not worth the price of admission/parking unless I need some GA ammo.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I quit going to gun shows years ago...never again.
    I'm with retsupt on this one...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Depends on the size of the show for me and where it's located. In my experience further from a major city and a smaller show you can find some good deals and even better guys to wheel and deal with. The thing about the shows I've been to over the years is that table price and what you can offer and get it for are two very different things. But I grew up selling and going to smaller gun shows with my father so I guess that skews my perspective.

I've found a few shows that are annual that I enjoy going to that are from 50-150 tables. Anything much bigger than that and I feel like I'm in a flea market rather than a gun show. I also hate shows that don't restrict entry to gun related items, nothing more irritating to me to pay to get into a show and be picking through tables of stuff that I could get at Harbor Freight cheaper and have nothing to do with guns.

Luke
    I am the owner/proprietor of www.adamsholsters.com Custom holsters made for you. To contact me please use E-mail rather than Private Messages, luke@adamsholsters.com

i find they are almost pointless with the internet.

For some strange reason, the RK Gun Show has been in Knoxville every other weekend for about the last three months. I don't know why. Don't get me wrong; I love the fact that they have them here, but it's always the same vendors with the same stuff. They must be doing well, though, to be doing it this much. I do, however, find most of the stuff there to be overpriced.

im tired of them going from a place you could get a deal or 2 to a place for the MOST part that they think everything they got is worth a MINIMUM of $50-100 more than its actually worth. I normally dont even bother anymore.

When I go to a RK show although its under a different name now up in Fremont,Nebraska, The last one I went to a few yrs back had only 2 tables of guns and the rest flea-market items. I saw a friend of mine there that had a table and he told the show promoter that I was with him and didnt have to pay the ridculous prices to get in. Since then,I stopped going to all shows because you see the same thing time after time like you do at a gun store. I save my time and gas money for other things. richgp100z

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links