Defensive Carry banner

Love my Sig

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  rstickle 
#1 ·
I went and shot my little 239 again yesterday. It was for my CCW course. Fortunately I passed the qualification test, but for the most part that was due to how easy and accurate my 239 is. It is so simple and easy to shoot. The recoil is practically nothing. I can't say how much I like it. I am still getting used to the DA portion. For the qualification though I only fired it in SA mode.

We were shooting at 21 feet and for it being only the third time I have ever fired a handgun it was not too difficult. I had to hit the paper 26 out of 30. Now for you experienced guys that is probably way too easy but for me, it was a little intimidating because I still don't consider myself a good shot.

However, once I got the feel of it, it was much easier. I like how with the SA, the trigger can go back until it tightens up. I don't know how else to explain how it works. Then you know you are close to firing. It made it very simple. The wife also got me a second .40 magazine which made it even better. Having to reload every 7 rounds is not as fun as every 14. Plus it is good practice for me anyway to have to change the magazine and try to do it quickly.

Anyway, I am still loving my weapon and despite the price of it, it was worth every penny.

On a second note, I will be turning in all of my paperwork tomorrow for my CCW. Now that I have taken the course and my holster arrived in the mail, I am all set. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for it to arrive.

See less See more
#2 ·
I luv my 239 as well :image035:
Regarding the 7 (actually should be 8) rounds. I like NOT having a 16 round mag, because it makes me stop and reload more often, which makes the range time last longer:smile:
Just noticed you said .40...I shoot 9mm so yeah I have 8 you have 7 ;-)

#4 ·
My Sig P239 should be here in a week or two.....
I have the 9mm coming..... I've shot the 9 and the 40 and loved them both...... loved them both.. hmmm....... I think I have my Xmas idea figured out for this year! ;-)

JP

#6 ·
My P239 9mm should arrive tomorrow or Tuesday and I am ready. I will probably go to shoot it as soon as is physically possible. I am anxious to put some rounds through it. I am so anxious that on the table next to me are 150 rounds of 115 gr. FMJ. The wife is picking up an additional 100 rounds at WallyWorld this afternoon. I want to get it qualified so I can start carrying it. When I finish checking though the new posts here I am going to the K&D website to order my new holster. I have one to use until Kevin can get one ready for me. I can't wait.
:danceban:

#8 ·
The Sig 239 is a good little handgun. I love mine as well. I usually don't like DA/SA triggers. My first and second shot are a bit wild sometimes because of the transition from DA to SA. With the 239 I don't seam to have that problem.

#9 ·
Great example of SIG production - and I'd expect pretty much all good comments.

George - long wait!!! I thought you may have had yours by end of last week. Oh well - not long to go :wink:

#11 ·
P95Carry said:
George - long wait!!! I thought you may have had yours by end of last week. Oh well - not long to go :wink:
I hoped so too, but it is a long ways from Washington to Alabama. I really expect it tomorrow. I am ready.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.