Positive Kahr Thread

This is a discussion on Positive Kahr Thread within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got a MK9 for Christmas and I just finished my 200 round break-in. I originally thought about buying a C26 but since I already ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Positive Kahr Thread

Positive Kahr Thread

I got a MK9 for Christmas and I just finished my 200 round break-in. I originally thought about buying a C26 but since I already have a G23 I thought I would buy something different. It was more than $150 more than the G26 and at first I thought I might have made a mistake. I went to the range and shot 100 through it 2 weeks ago and after I found out (at 7 yards) that it shot high and to the left it was very accurate and I was soon hitting near bullseyes. I had about 3 FTRB (failures to return to battery) last week and 2 FTRB this week and after talking to the range owner he came to the conclusion that my thumb was hitting the slide release lever from the recoil and since I have changed my grip it has not happened again. I had the following observations about this gun.

1. For it's size it is extremely accurate.
    2. Craftsmanship is outstanding (much better than Glock).
    3. Besides the owner induced issue it had "0" problems.
    4. Recoil for such a small gun is very minimal due to weight.
    5. Was very easy to shoot fast and get back to my target.
    6. Would trust my life and my family's life with it.

I thought with all the Kahr bashing that has been going on you never seem to see a thread that starts out positive so let this be one of the first (without going back to check).

2. Remove Ads

Congrats, Glad it's working out for you.

I was starting to 2nd guess my choice of the PM9 as my EDC in pocket holster due to more negative than positive comments towards Kahr. I have around 600 rounds of various FMJ and JHP thru it and did have a couple FTRB's in the 1st 150 rounds. I found that by tapping the back of the slide with the heel of my hand would return to battery. It's been flawless since.

No gun is perfect and I will always test my EDC by shooting, especially some of my carry ammo (Speer GD 124gr), and cleaning at least twice a month. Good luck with your new pistol!

I love my PM9, have not had a problem with it at all.

My wife has a P9 and it's her favorite pistol.
    I have PM9 and PM45 and like both of them.
    The P9 and PM9 didn't really require a break-in as they worked fine out of the box.
    The PM45 had a 4 misfeeds in the first 60 rounds and was thereafter reliable with the same JHP ammo; I ended up shooting an additional 150 rounds of that ammo without a problem. Other rounds tried were good from the start. Some pistols just need the break-in.

Glad your Kahr is running good for ya. I have the CW9 and love it. It's been retired to HD and occasional CC due to my rejuvenated love for the Glock lineup. For me the G26 rules the CC role for a host of reasons, but the Kahr is a fine pistol and I'll be keeping mine and possibly adding the PM9 sometime down the road. Hopefully I'll get a keeper there too.

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I have a P9, MK9 and a K9. They're all great, accurate and I can shoot them all quite well. The MK9 used to be finicky with some JHP so I sent it to Kahr and requested they "tweek" it. Now it can shoot any round. My P9 and K9 are flawless and will shoot anything I load.

The grip, weight, and feel of the K9 is one of the best I've ever experienced with a handgun. It makes shooting +P's very comfortable.

I love the DAO triggers, they're smooth as glass and although they're long, they make an S&W feel like a 20lb trigger pull that has to go three feet to fire!

I also love that there are no external controls other than a slide release, there's no idiot lock, and no mag disconnect. I feel like they're some of the best CCW options currently available.

I will be adding a P380 to round out my line up as soon as they're available with night sights. I want to be consistent on that point with all of my Kahrs.

For me, the experience I've had with Kahr makes them one of the very first gun's I recommend.

Gideon

Very glad it's working for you!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    My PM40 BUG has been perfect so far, with one of the nicest DA triggers you can find.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

I had a PM45, and it ran great...
    Washington Post 06/28/2010 re: Supreme Court Decision
    "The court's decision means that the enigmatically worded Second Amendment... identifies an individual right to gun ownership, like the freedom of speech, that cannot be unduly restricted by Congress, state laws or city ordinances. "

I have a few Kahrs and they are good guns. I shoot thumbs forward though, and I have a knack for hitting the slide release lever with my thumb causing the gun to lock open.

I bought wood grips for both my K9 and MK9 and the problem went away.

I have 4 Kahrs' PM-9, MK-9, P-40 and a K -40 all have worked flawless over the years.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Another Kahr owner who's 2 handguns have been flawless performers.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

I bought my PM9 thinking it would be a good hot weather gun. With over 3,000 rounds and not one problem the gun finds much more carry time then I ever thought it would see. The only unhappy camper is my HK it never thought a Kahr could take so much of its carry time. Love them both and find them 100% reliable.

I carry my PM9 about 80% of the time. For the really cold days I have my Dan Wesson CBOB .45acp since the coat covers the OWB holster. But I have to say my PM9 has been reliable for over 1200 rounds over the last few years. Everytime I think about what handgun would take it's place and do a better job for it's intented use, I end up putting the PM9 back on.
    Keech
    "I'm the God-fearing, Gun-toting, flag waving conservative they warned you about!"
    US Air Force Vietnam Vet, Ex-LEO
    Dan Wesson CBOB .45
    CZ 75D Compact PCR
    Kahr PM9, and a few others.....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links