Ruger's new SR9 Compact

Ruger's new SR9 Compact

This is a discussion on Ruger's new SR9 Compact within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today on The Firearm Blog:...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger's new SR9 Compact

Ruger's new SR9 Compact

Today on The Firearm Blog:
    Attached Images

Saw it this morning on the Shooting Wire, it will be another fine option for everyone that defensive carries.

VIP Member
    From ruger-firearms.com

The SR9c compact pistol weighs in at 24 oz. and features an overall length of 6.875", a height of 5.00", and the same slim 1.27" grip width as the full-sized SR9. It comes with two magazines that provide options in both capacity and grip size. The standard magazine holds 10 rounds and features a flat bottom butt plate; a finger grip extension floor plate is also included. The second magazine features a grip adapter and holds 17 rounds, instantly transforming the smaller, compact grip into a full-sized 9mm grip. The 3.50" barreled pistol features an integral accessory rail that accommodates most lights and lasers.

The SR9c compact pistol utilizes the same adjustable, high-visibility 3-Dot sight system as its full-sized predecessor, setting it apart from many compact pistols that rely on fixed sights. New serrations are located on the front portion of the slide, making it easier to both manipulate the slide and to press check the chamber. The SR9c is available with a glass-filled nylon frame and through-hardened slide in either a brushed stainless or blackened finish. State compliant variations are available where necessary and ship with two 10-round magazines.

Just like the original, full-sized SR9, the SR9c is loaded with modern safety features like a 1911-style ambidextrous manual safety, internal trigger bar interlock and striker blocker, trigger safety, magazine disconnect, plus a visual and tactile loaded chamber indicator.

Shipping January 15th
    I'd be interested in actually holding one. That grip extention for the 17rnd mag looks a little curious. But, it does address one of the major problems with the SR9, namely grip length.

I hope it works for them.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Hmmm im wondering on a price and when its out. I mean truly out not when they say :)(I saw Jan 15th but does that actually MEAN Jan 15th lol)

But Ruger still hasn't fixed the peening problem. One person in the link below wrote "Mine was peened so bad in less than 150 rounds it would hold the slide back.". I think he meant to write "would NOT hold . . .", but you get the idea.

RugerForum.com :: View topic - Ruger SR9 Extensive Peening after 250 Rounds

I like the looks and specs of the SR9, but Ruger has had at least two years to fix this problem, but nothing. Instead they come up with a new model.?. That tells me they're primarily concerned with sales and not quality. There are better options out there.

Im waiting now..IF this has a GOOD price on it and not a year waiting list like some "new" guns do this may just be what I finally sell and or trade my Glock 23 in on. Ive said for a year and a 1/2 why dont they make this full size SR9 into a compact and they finally did.

Will it be possible to pocket carry the SR9c? It is a bit bigger than the Glock 26, so if anyone owns a Glock 26, do you think it is possible or is pocket carry out of the question?

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Will it be possible to pocket carry the SR9c? It is a bit bigger than the Glock 26, so if anyone owns a Glock 26, do you think it is possible or is pocket carry out of the question?
    I'd say it's possible, but IMO and by comparison to my G26 which I do pocket carry around the house. I'd say no, it's to big to be carried in the pocket without serious printing going on. JMO
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Why is it 2X the weight of a PF9?
    Weapons list suppressed...........

Why dont they just make it the size of an LCP? ala Kahr PM9
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Held one today here is my thoughts

1) it is virtually the same size as the XD9 3.8
    2) it was priced for $450.00
    3) the mag extension has a spacer on it that slides way to much up and down when the mag is out of the gun.
    4) It is a smaller version of the SR9 only that the barrel is shorter. it does come with a smaller mag that similar to the XD9sc

but for me and this is my opinion i would put a little more money with it and get the XD9 3.8
    XD9sc
    Ruger LCP 380
    NAA 22 mini mag w/holster grip
    S&W 38 model 10
    NRA member

$450 wow thats a nice price i hope someone here gets one so I can check it out....that may be worthy of my Glock 23 in trade :) . Plus where did you see it for $450 is this gonna be the "going price" or was that a "way low" one????

Gallery of Guns has them listed at $459 but they are all allocated.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by sdailey5 View Post
    Without reading the article let me guess what Jeff Quinn says; perhaps something like “the pistol worked flawless with all type of ammo tested and it was very accurate”. If you have read one of his reviews then you have read all of them.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links