Sig 239 vs Glock 33 for IWB

This is a discussion on Sig 239 vs Glock 33 for IWB within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know most people compare the 239 with the G32 as they are more similiar in overall dimensions but I am interested in how the ...

View Poll Results: Which one for IWB CCW?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sig 239

53 62.35%
  • Glock 33

32 37.65%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig 239 vs Glock 33 for IWB

Sig 239 vs Glock 33 for IWB

I know most people compare the 239 with the G32 as they are more similiar in overall dimensions but I am interested in how the G33 stacks up against the 239 in relation to carry IWB. I don't care about the differences in the action or the triggers, etc. I am only concerned about which one you would prefer to comfortable CCW.

L W H Wt
    239 = 6.6, 1.2, 5.1, 28
    G33 = 6.3, 1.18, 5.0, 20

The glock has the advantage in most aspects but the Sig even though its listed as wider, seems like it would be much more comfortable for IWB than the blocky glock. I guess the numbers don't lie but would love to hear form people who have tworn both.

Length = is no big deal since many people here have said that Length is not that important for IWB concealment.

Height is a ties.

Width is also a tie, Sig even though its listed as wider, seems like it would be much more comofrtable for IWB than the blocky glock. Maybe its the rounded appearence of the thinner grip, I dunno but I guess the numbers don't lie. Actually anyone know what that sig width measurement is based off??

Weight - glock wins hands down. But many have also said that with a good belt holster, weight should not be a factor

So, I would love to hear form people who have worn both. Which do you prefer and why?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I voted for the Sig.

I actually prefer the weight of a heavier gun. I CC a Sig P220R every day, and it weighs considerably more than the P239. I don't even notice it's there.

Weight, when considering CC, isn't a factor to me, I don't understand why it is to anyone. What is a few oz?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

glock is smaller. to me it come down to which one is smaller.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

The G will slip into the waist and disappear.
    Actually it's not so much either of the guns, because either will work...what do you like?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sorry height on Glock was 4.17, so that also goes to glock as height is important contributor to printing

Similarities

The Glock 33 is a subcompact gun, according to the Glock website. I think a more even comparison would be the Sig P239 with a compact Glock, such as the G23.

In terms of slide width, which is important for IWB carry, there isn't much difference between the P239 and the G33 or G23. I have both and have measured width (flat to flat) - it comes out just a hair over 1.0 inches for each gun. I think the larger width figures near 1.20 inches are measured in the grip area. But the grip doesn't go inside the waistband.

If you compare the dimensions of a Sig P239 (9mm) with a Glock 23 (.40 caliber) they are almost the same, and conceal equally well. The Glock is lighter weight and holds more rounds, while the Sig looks better and has a smoother trigger. I tend to carry my Glock more than the Sig.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

VIP Member
    This question is like asking, would you rather have a Honda or Acura. No disrespect to Glocks (look at my name), but I think Sig's are a step up in quality.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

+1

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    This question is like asking, would you rather have a Honda or Acura. No disrespect to Glocks (look at my name), but I think Sig's are a step up in quality.
    +1 i have both glock and the sig love my sig....
    Guns dont kill people. people kill people
    Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    I CC a Sig P239 IWB daily no issues with it disappearing. I guess it comes down to which you like better.

Sig. Love it. Super accurate and easy to conceal.

VIP Member
    The only thing I can add is about weight. To many, the 8oz. difference may not be a big deal, but I have trouble with my back and a 1/2 lb. difference, is a killer... To me the only problem with the Sig, is it's heavy and has limited capacity for a gun this size...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

cmb
    Personally I would go with the Sig over the glock, especially in 357 Sig, seems like it fits

I own a G26 and a P239 and find the 239 more comfortable to carry. Although heavier, it is much thinner, which makes a big difference to me.

Sig.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    I chose the superior firearm IMO...and for me it is the SIG. I would rank them the same size....maybe it comes down to what feels better for you.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links