SR9c 9

This is a discussion on SR9c 9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by TX-JB I think it'll be a hit with Ruger fans... It's the basically the same size as a G19, so it's not ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SR9c 9

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TX-JB View Post
    I think it'll be a hit with Ruger fans... It's the basically the same size as a G19, so it's not that small... I agree that if one of the major mfg. would make a single stack 9mm or .40 the size of the Kahr's or the PF9, it would be a big hit...
    One does, it's called a Walther PPS and it is an absolutely outstanding handgun.

2. Remove Ads

The PPS is a fine handgun...but it is its own propietary system, and manual of arms. I have even considered purchasing one for myself, and may still end up purchasing one for my soon to be wife. If you can run and operate a Glock you can run and operate ALL Glocks. They all have the same basic parts and all work the same way. The PPS has no big brother that operates EXACTLY as it does. On a Glock the mag release, take down lever etc. all are in the same place. So when youdownsize you are basically getting the same gun. Kind of like a Sig 226 to 228/9 to 239. Each operates likes its bigger sibling and makes transition to the smaller much easier. The PPS has the P99, but the controls and basic operating systems are different and don't become second nature "in the blind" on the PPS. Hence the need for a single stack baby Glock.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

The SR9c sounds interesting...I'd like to see one and handle it for feel. I've got a P95 which I like, I've always liked Ruger products (including the SR9), but my purchase of a Taurus PT709 has filled my need for a very small and thin 9mm. 500 flawless rounds and very accurate. I would have preferred a Ruger, but they were a day late and a dollar short...and this sounds like it will still not quite reach the same level of the true compact 9s. I'll be interested to see them.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    i figured they were just going to rip off the PF9.
    Actually, that's what they should have done. A PF-9 with better materials would be right up my alley. I have no use for this new offering. I don't need ugly loaded chamber flags sticking up, manual safeties or magazine disconnects to keep me from shooting a toe off.

I like guns designed by someone other than a lawyer.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro 40 View Post
    Actually, that's what they should have done. A PF-9 with better materials would be right up my alley. I have no use for this new offering. I don't need ugly loaded chamber flags sticking up, manual safeties or magazine disconnects to keep me from shooting a toe off.

I like guns designed by someone other than a lawyer.
    I too hoped that they would be copying the PF9. I want a reliable pocket 9 and the SR9c doesn't look to be small enough for pocket carry.

I was hoping for something the size of the Kahr. It looks the same size as my Glock 26.

ntg
    Haywood...sorry, bigger than your glock 26. See this post: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...53-post44.html

It's closer to a G23, or my XD9sc, but even the XDsc is better in most measurements.

Ruger has me curious. I own an SR9 and love to shoot it, but it is too big for concealed carry in my line of work, and this new compact version may be the trick. If it shoots and feels the same, then it may be an option down the road. Initial costs look to be between $500 and $550 based on a couple of sites I saw.

Yo robrit13, you'll like the SR9c. Like you I have the SR9 and the "c" is nicely balanced, grips fine for a compact and has a better trigger that allows noticeably improved shooting accuracy. I'm more pleased than expected with mine.

I used to be a big Ruger fan, but quality control has gone down the toilet along with customer service. I recently bought my 3rd SP-101. The first two were bought many years ago and work fine. You'd think after all these years they'd be able to make them right by now. Mine had tight or unfinished charge holes and woundn't extract just about any spent shells right out of the box. I called customer service. They didn't take my name, write down my complaint or give me any kind of return ID or repair number. They sure didn't offer to pay shipping. I was told to write a letter and ship it to them. Suffice to say that was my last Ruger.
    It Is Easy To Be Brave From A Distance ~ Aesop

Picked up my SR9C about three days ago. It's not broken in yet, but so far it feeds like pouring water, shoots where it's supposed to and when, fits in my front pocket fairly well, and is what I'd have asked for if Ruger had asked me what I wanted.*
    *Well, I'd probably have asked for a .45 in the same dimensions.

Fit and finish is very good. Trigger is excellent.

Dan

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I bought one shortly after they were first released in mid-Jan. I now have over 400 flawless rounds through it, and it has become my go-to carry gun. It is light, slim, accurate, and has a good trigger. I really like the SR9c!

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

I love mine, Its accurate. Has ambidextrous controls all around. Its small, looks nice, has a 10 round capacity and a 17 round reload. Fits in the hand nice. I traded a 2nd Gen Glock 23 in on it and I came out AHEAD..I like it BETTER than the Glock(and I think Glocks are great guns also). I LIKE the extra weight a bit to be honest..lessens(IMO) the felt recoil and gets me back shooting(on target) quicker. I can put more rounds on target quicker and more accurately than I could with the Glock 23.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedomofchoice View Post
    I bought one shortly after they were first released in mid-Jan. I now have over 400 flawless rounds through it, and it has become my go-to carry gun. It is light, slim, accurate, and has a good trigger. I really like the SR9c!
    yup, I forgot slim...dont look at the "measurements" from books its 100% slimmer thn most...they took some measurements from the CONTROLS but the slide and grip are slim.

I picked one up today and I love it. I'm a fan of the full sized SR9 as well. I agree with C Bennett, you can't go off of the manufacturer's measurements, as SR9 is slimmer than my Glock in every way, especially the grip. It's almost exactly the same size as a G26, just a bit heavier. Compare them side to side and you'll see the the difference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links