SR9c 9

SR9c 9

This is a discussion on SR9c 9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What are your guys thought in this pistol by Ruger. I received this email from the Ruger marketing. Ruger® SR9c? Centerfire Compact Pistols...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SR9c 9

SR9c 9

What are your guys thought in this pistol by Ruger. I received this email from the Ruger marketing.

Ruger® SR9c? Centerfire Compact Pistols

I like Rugers for the dependability & reliability. I don't like the bulky look & feel of them, though. I was hoping that this new one would be lighter, but it is still over 20oz., unloaded.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    While I am by no means a fan of Ruger rifles, I do like their pistols. This one looks like a winner and I am sure they will sell well. I think the ability to use full size mags is a big plus too.

I already have a full size SR9 and love it, I may buy a SR9c when funds allow because it would be easier to conceal and I could use the full size mags and holsters with it

I was hoping for something smaller along the line of a Kahr PM9. That said in any case, based on past performance, I would wait for the first recall before buying.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie8D View Post
    I like Rugers for the dependability & reliability. I don't like the bulky look & feel of them, though. I was hoping that this new one would be lighter, but it is still over 20oz., unloaded.
    It's a ruger, what did you expect?

ntg
    I think this is their attempt to get some of the XD9sc market, as they are packaging it just like the XD9sc. It will cost a little less than the XD, but I think you get what you pay for. I think the quality of materials on it are good, the fit is good. The triggers on all the full size SR9 I've tried are poor. It does have sights that are a little better than XDs IMO. What the XD has over it is size, capacity, grip safety, and internal extractor...oh and no recall on the books. Finding holsters for it will be a little more difficult. My 2 bits.

Wish they would forget that stuff, and go make an LCP sized 9...You think the LCP craze was bad...they would be lined around the block to buy a 9mm version.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

ntg
    Agreed, Jwhite. They made something that is already out there and not really better than what was already available. The reason the LCP was/is a hit is that it is better than the KelTec. In my opinion this isn't any improvement, and I feel the XD9sc or a 26 are better in certain regards.

VIP Member
    I think it'll be a hit with Ruger fans... It's the basically the same size as a G19, so it's not that small... I agree that if one of the major mfg. would make a single stack 9mm or .40 the size of the Kahr's or the PF9, it would be a big hit...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I agree with NTG.... it looks like they took some ideas from the XD9SC. I wish they would make a single stack 45 compact SR9.
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Wish they would forget that stuff, and go make an LCP sized 9...You think the LCP craze was bad...they would be lined around the block to buy a 9mm version.
    i figured they were just going to rip off the PF9.

This Ruger pistol is going to be in the same "ball park" as the Springfield Armory XD9Sc, the Glock 26, CZ RAMI, etc. and it is a pretty doggone competetive niche. Whether or not the new Ruger is competetive will depend on whether or not is has to suffer a recall, and how, in general, the shooters in the niche accept it. I have an XD9Sc and it will provide stiff competition indeed.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    i figured they were just going to rip off the PF9.
    Did it once...shouldnt be that hard to do it again....

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by TX-JB View Post
    I think it'll be a hit with Ruger fans... It's the basically the same size as a G19, so it's not that small... I agree that if one of the major mfg. would make a single stack 9mm or .40 the size of the Kahr's or the PF9, it would be a big hit...
    Glock is standing right in the crossroads of progress, and from what I am hearing the reasons they dont introduce and change new stuff, is Gaston is a stubborn old goat. If it was up to him they would make one gun, the 17. They would have more orders than they could make with a subcompact single stack...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links