EDC FTE getting bad, advice?

This is a discussion on EDC FTE getting bad, advice? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks, if it still has issues, I'll look at a Sig 239 as well. As for trust, I'll just have to see what happens. Yes, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EDC FTE getting bad, advice?

Thanks, if it still has issues, I'll look at a Sig 239 as well. As for trust, I'll just have to see what happens. Yes, I can carry the Cougar in my Crossbreed holster but my daily required clothing doesn't lend itself to the Cougar well. With the Taurus 709 or my old P64 (9x18) they can be a bug to the Cougar or stand alone when wearing dress shirt, slacks, dress shoes, etc. in a Kangaroo carry under my left arm and no one can tell. No tell tale bulge at the waist. Deep Conceal, The Best Little Holster you will Never See or http://www.kangarooind.com/ and reviewed at http://www.gunblast.com/Kangaroo.htm

I can put the Cougar there as well, it's just thicker and quiet heavy, as you know, since it is metal and not polymer :-)

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Send it to Taurus. In the months that they have it, save for a better gun. Consider this a lesson learned and move on.
    Once you get the Taurus back, sell it for whatever you can get for it and buy ammo for your new reputable gun.
    Bee-eye-enn-gee-oh!

Sorry, but I have yet to meet a Taurus pistol--particularly an auto--that was reliable over a length of time.

And yes, I have owned Taurus pistols--both revolvers and autos.

You could probably pay me to own a Taurus...but you couldn't pay me enough to stake my life on it.

Dot. Period. End of story.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

It's funny. I have no particular brand affiliation. I have 2 Rugers (revolver and semi), 2 S&W (snubbie 38s), 2 Tanfaglio 22s (revolver and semi), 1 H&R 922 (revolver), and 1 of the dreaded/cursed/hated/despised Taurus PT709 Slim. I have no particular fondness for one brand over another or any particular loyalties either. I purchased each one because it best fit a particular set of my needs and purposes. All of my firearms have functioned flawlessly.

I've read posts on dozens of forums about people having issues with virtually every brand. Springfield, S&W, Ruger, Kahr, Kel Tec, Taurus, and even Glock!!! (yep, it has happened). I'm just curious as to why Taurus seems to ignite such a demonic fury when someone has a mechanical issue after 1,000 flawless rounds. Any mechanical device can malfunction.

I read a post where someone flamed a Taurus for suggesting a 200 round break-in period and they said they would never own a gun that required such and then the same person would turn around and say that's what they did with their Kahr or Kel Tec. In the same thread, they said burn the Taurus at the stake for being finiky about ammo and having any FTF or FTE issues in the first hundred rounds or so and then turn around and say they had the same issues with their Kahr or Kel Tec, did this or that, and then it was perfect after that.

Again, I have no particular allegiances with any brand. I feel the same way about my firearms as I do my 4x4 trucks. If they do not perform in a manner in which I expect they should, I will get rid of them and purchase one that will. I've had 2 Chevy Silverado Z71 4x4s and I've put them to the test. I've had to replace a few things here and there, but I wasn't ready to burn them at the stake.

I'm just curious about this "any issue with a Taurus and kill it" phenomenon versus other brands when they have issues.

PS. Please do not flame me individually, I'm just curious. Thanks.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links