Happy with my Kel-Tec P32

This is a discussion on Happy with my Kel-Tec P32 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For a long time all I would carry was a 1911 in .45. I just wanted the stopping power. But there were times that I ...

Thread: Happy with my Kel-Tec P32

Happy with my Kel-Tec P32

For a long time all I would carry was a 1911 in .45. I just wanted the stopping power. But there were times that I just could not conceal a .45, ie - at work. I stopped by the gun store a while back and they had a used kel-tec p32 gen 1 for $150. I had read about these little guns and thought they would make a nice BUG. I felt the .32 would be more controllable than the .380 and this one was a great price so I bought it. I then went a bought a few boxes of FMJ ammo and went to the range. I knew the thing would either work just fine out of the box or it would have all kinds of problems and I would have to sent it back to KT. Well I got lucky it has worked everytime. The slide has even locked back everytime. The mag it came with had the plus one extension and the old base plate and spring. I bought the pocket clip and I just clip it to the inside of my pants behind my phone case. If you are in the market for a good pocket gun or a BUG I would take a good look at the P32.

2. Remove Ads

We had bought a used p32 for my wife a few months ago, and we had some problems with it.

Just bought her a new one, and the first 50 rounds have been perfect. We just need to get another 100-150 rounds through it to confirm its reliability, but it is helping my confidence in Kel-Tec.
    Proud member of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy:
    http://www.xanga.com/jaltered

I'm not much of a fan of the P3AT. Too much recoil and absolutly no fun at the range. But I'd seriously consider the P32 as a deep concealment gun. I am getting a Kahr PM9 for pocket and it is a very tiny 9mm.

I've had only good luck with my P32. Tiny little bullets but I've found it very easy to control since there's almost no recoil at all. I got mine new last year - not sure which generation it is, just that it works. I hate to be one of the "first buyers" for a gun, but I may turn into one when Kel-Tec starts shipping their new single stack 9mm.

I have had a Keltec P3AT for about a week now. I have 150 trouble free rounds though it. I was always biased about small inexpensive firearms. I love to carry this little gun. I dont find the recoil troublesome and until I read on this forum about people not liking the recoil I never even considered it. I fired a friends Bersa .380 yesterday and I was amazed at the quality I have been missing out. I thought that if it didnt say Colt, Glock or Sig ect..on the slide that it wasn't worth considering. I find the little Keltecs to be very good pocket guns. I am considering a Bersa for my wife. Good size for smallish hands and the recoil is acceptable. My colt 1911s have a new friend and I feel well armed.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I too have a P3AT 1st generation. It was absolutely miserable at first with multiple trips home for work but I have to admit, they finally got it right and since the last trip it's been 100%. I'm slooowwwwly regaining confidence in it. I can hit soda can's at 15 or so paces just about every time. Point and shoot at 7 yards and I'm 6-8" COM. I took a felt dremel wheel and lightly buffed the sharp checkering and it's a lot better. Do too much of that and it'll get slick in a sweaty hand. As much as I hate to admit it, I find it pure "easy" to carry in a nice leather pocket holster I had a guy named Hedley make for me. It's the gun of choice when I can't/won't wear a cover garment. If I have a cover garment on, then it's my Kahr P9. I've never been able to pull off the untucked look so summer carry is problematic.

I've thought about the Kahr leather vest on their web site but don't know how that would look in the summer.

Oh well, I've heard great things about a P32 and if that's all you're going to have on you, it beats having a .22!

Enjoy it!

Gideon

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    i have had a p3at for over a year now, and after a little break in period, it has been flawless. I carry it often, especially when I need deep concealment. I often have this gun in the truck console with me and can grab it and slip it in my pocket when running into the store,or filling up with gas. they are excellent, inexpensive little guns and will definitely buy a single stack 9mm when they come out.
    now this little companion is NOT a range gun and isn't designed to be. It will not hold up to thousands of rounds through it, I think the price reflects that. IMHO, if someone is looking for a training firearm, or a gun to teach someone on, this isn't it. A light recoil .22 or a bigger framed .380 is a better option. or even the p32. most people that are unhappy with keltec pistols are using them out of context, but again this is just my opinion.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Yet another... I own and carry a P3AT (2nd Gen) in a Nemisis pocket holster. It's always there, no matter what I'm wearing. Gun's been 100% since day one, never had it fail.

I have a P11 also, but I'm getting ready to move up to a Kahr for the larger gun. I find the Kahr's trigger to be far superior to my P11.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

VIP Member
    I have a P32 that I carry in a Nemisis pocket holster at present. This will change when Kevin gets my Pocket Defender Convertible finished. The P32 goes everywhere with me except places where prohibited by law. I usually have my Sig with me as well, but there are times when that is not possible. So at certain times the P32 moves from BUG to main weapon. Because of the limited power of the .32ACP my magazines carry a mix of FMJ and JHP rounds. I am impressed each time I shoot the P32. It has never failed and is really quite accurate for a pistol so small and with such small sights. At 25' I can put all rounds in the A range of a tactical target. They won't necessarily be all close to the letter A in the center, but all will fall within the COM mark for the A range.

It is time for me to fire it again this weekend and I am going to have my wife fire it as well. Sometimes women's clothes make it virtually impossible for her to carry even her Bersa .380, so it she shoots the Kel-Tec well and likes it I will get her one to put in her pocket or purse as a BUG and occasional main weapon.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Add me to the satisfied P32 owners list.Tried a buddy's P3AT & it squrimed too much in my hand for comfort & follow-up shots.My P32 feeds Silvertips like a champ & is invisible in my $10 Uncle Mike's pocket holster.(TIP:if you look at the Uncle Mike's try the "middle" size;the one for .25's.Better access at a miniscule loss of concealment.) A reviewer at another site calls the P32 "an improved knife"- I agree.

They say the P32 is the better of the Kel-Tec small guns. I have the P3AT and have had nothing but problems with it from day one. Did F & B (more than once), changed out parts, etc... Gun is not 100%, I give it a 80% gun at this time. I know other with the .32 and they have not had any problems with them.
    frankmako

earthwork and those who carry in a pocket holster do you carry in the side or back pocket? And would the middle size be a size 2. I thought all uncle mikes holsters had numbers for their size. I could be wrong. Thanks

Front pocket, strong side, in jeans. Desantis Nemisis (Label stamped 'G3').
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

I have 2 P-32 both 2nd gen and both have been perfect . I installed the rim lock kit and use Corbon in mine wife used Horndy in hers. They are the ideal pocket pistol I went IWB with my PPK/S so KT had a pocket to use Uncle mikes #1 perfect fit.
    I would never mix rounds in a P-32 seems like asking for rimlock problems. I did carry HP chamber and HP top round then ball but never mixed up.
    1990, 1992 Colt Mustang 1941 Colt USGI 1951 Colt Commander 9MM
    1972 Colt Combat Commander 1994,1997 Colt Officer ACPs 2001 Colt LTW Commander 2005 Colt Defender 2007 Dan Wesson
    early Detonics come visit http://www.americanclassic1911forum.com or www.bersachat.com

Links