NAA Guardian .380............ ?

This is a discussion on NAA Guardian .380............ ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does any body else here own a NAA Guardian .380 and what do you honestly think of this pistol.....? How do you carry it for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NAA Guardian .380............ ?

Does any body else here own a NAA Guardian .380 and what do you honestly think of this pistol.....?
    How do you carry it for quick accessability and what do you carry it in....?

Thanks.

I love mine, they are very well made. The only downside is they are extremely heavy for their size. 5 years ago, the Gaurdian was an excellent choice for carry. But technology has let NAA's competitors come up with a lighter, larger calibered weapons than the Guardian.

Very well made gun. I sold mine...wish I hadnt, used it to fund my P228. I carried it in a Mika Pocket Holster. Worked very well. You can get CT grips for them now too...and real sight for an extra charge from the factory. Yes technology has made thelighter, but Ipersonally liked the extra heft and fele of the metal in that small of a gun. I carried mine in a pocket and had not problem with the weight whatsoever. Get it if you like it. You wont be disappointed.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

The first really small, practical .380 mousegun was the Seecamp. Shortly thereafter NAA produced a less expensive version the, Guardian. At the time they were the smallest and lightest .380's available. Next came the Grendel's which were also very small and even lighter due to the use of polymer. Grendel then became Kel-Tec and when the Kel-Tec P-3AT came out it was very popular because it was small, light, and also inexpensive.

In the past couple of years more new .380 mouseguns have appeared to compete in this very popular market. In order of appearance; Ruger LCP, Magnum Research ME380, Kahr KP3833, Taurus TCP, Sig P238, and Diamondback DB380.

Of all these new guns only the Magnum Research ME380 is smaller (in overall length) than the Guardian. Even so, all the newer guns are not much larger, but they are lighter - a very desirable thing for a pocket gun.

Other than the Kahr, Sig, and Magnum Research offerings the newer guns are also less expensive the Guardian.

Guardian is now outsold by the polymer versions because the use of plastic has made the newer pistols lighter and less expensive, while still maintaining shooting consistency and reliability.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention two other .380 mouseguns that are available and in production at this time. The Cobra CA380 and the Jiminez JA-.380. Both these guns are metal, heavy, and very inexpensive. They are considered by many, but not by all, to be too poorly made to be trusted for self-defense. Although I believe that most here would agree that if they are all one could afford, they are way better than a rock.

The main reason that I have heard for most people still preferring either the Seecamp or the Guardian is that they are more like "traditional" guns. They are very nicely tooled and finished (especially the Seecamp) and they have a hefty feel that many traditionalists prefer.

If one is considering buying a .380 mousegun, the Guardian is worth looking into (but try actually carrying one in your pocket for a while if that's how you intend to transport it).

Bobo
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

That has been one of my questions.......How to carry this gun?

I feel the gun is too heavy for a pocket carry.....it tends to pull my pocket down / sag my pants side in a nemisses pocket holster....so here we are, how to carry this gun ? I also have the Mitch Rosen OWB belt clip-on....not a great rig either....So is this gun too heavy to be classified as a deep concealment mouse gun or is it just because of size...?
    Again, what Mouse Trap do you carry this little beast in ?

I owned a Guardian .380ACP for several years. At the time, it was one of the smallest .380's around. I couldn't find a Seecamp at all at the time and wanted a pocket pistol to go along with my Glock 27. The Guardian had a decent trigger pull and was very reliable with FMJ. I did have a lot of FTE's with Federal Hydrashocks and found it to be very finicky with the kinds of JHP I could use.

My only other real gripe was that it was it's weight. At almost 19oz. loaded, it felt like a brick in my pocket holster. It would literally bounce around when I walked too fast. I actually sold it since I found a Seecamp LWS32. I was willing to go down in caliber for the much lighter Seecamp.

IMO, there's too many lighter and newer 380's on the market right now for pocket carry to go with the Guardian .380. I currently have a Kahr P380 and like it a lot better. I still would buy a Seecamp LWS380 if I ever saw one though.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    That has been one of my questions.......How to carry this gun?

I feel the gun is too heavy for a pocket carry.....it tends to pull my pocket down / sag my pants side in a nemisses pocket holster....so here we are, how to carry this gun ? I also have the Mitch Rosen OWB belt clip-on....not a great rig either....So is this gun too heavy to be classified as a deep concealment mouse gun or is it just because of size...?
    Again, what Mouse Trap do you carry this little beast in ?
    I almost bought a Guardian when I was looking for a small, very concealable gun, but once I compared it to the Kel-Tec, I went Kel-Tec (because of the weight difference) and haven't been sorry.

I carry my P-3AT in a SmartCarry 24/7/365. After about two months of carrying it his way, didn't even notice it anymore. Even though your Guardian is heavier, if you want to carry completely concealed in complete comfort the SmartCarry may be the way to go. It's worth a try - if you don't it like you can return it and get a refund. This is the one I have: Security Model

Bobo
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

Bob-o
    Your timelines and calibers are skewed.
    The Grendel came out way before the Seecamp .380
    When Seecamp upgraded their gun to .32 acp, Naa produced a copy. It was larger and heavier than the Seecamp.
    When NAA came out with the .380, it was again upsized. The NAA .380 is much larger than the .32 Guardian.
    Note: the Seecamp started life as a .25, was upgraded to .32, and finally .380-all in exactly the same size gun.

I've had my Guardian for a few years now and I wouldn't trade it for any of the newer, lighter pistols. It is heavy but you get used to it. Its well made and fires every time no matter what I use for ammo. Very comforting in the pocket.

cars

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I was going to chime in on the timeline also, but Bill DeShivs nailed it.

The Guardian .380 is well made, reliable and too heavy for general pocket carry.

So my questionis to the owners of one here.......How Do You Carry This Mouse......?
    Any Suggestions....................Please.

So my questionis to the owners of one here.......How Do You Carry This Mouse......?
    I carried mine in the Aker Sharkskin holster. Great holster. I actually still own it, but I don't own the NAA any longer. I should probably sell it to shrink my box o' holsters. :)

North American Arms Holsters

I had one and I carried it for about 6 months. I shot it a good bit during that time. Maybe 300 rounds perhaps? Which is a lot for a mouse gun. I then gave it to my Daughter in Law for her Birthday as she mostly Purse carries and had just gotten her CWP. So she now carries it with a couple of Pocket holsters I gave her and set of grips too.

When I do have to pocket carry I still am carrying my Seecamp .32.

I have the NAA Guardian in the 32naa caliber. Its the same size and weight as the 380. Just uses a 32 caliber bullet in a necked down 380 brass. 1200 fps makes a potent lil round.
    Pocket carry is out, too heavy. But its a breeze to carry crossdraw IWB. Ankle carry would be another choice.
    Current collection: Too many according to the wife...

I carry mine in a Pale Horse "Stingray" pocket holster. Great holster, it has an anti print panel you can use if you want. I'm not bothered by the weight as others seem to be. Just used to it I guess.

cars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links