Window Shopping yesterday

This is a discussion on Window Shopping yesterday within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My buddy and I went to the local gun shop yesterday and did some window shopping. I saw a Glock 21C, 45 ACP with compensated ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My buddy and I went to the local gun shop yesterday and did some window shopping. I saw a Glock 21C, 45 ACP with compensated barrel. That was the first Glock I had seen with that option. Is that a good idea in a carry gun? Held the G23 and G27 and liked the feel of the 23 better. I plan on a Glock 23 being my next purchase.

I also held the Kimber Raptor and Springfield EMP. Both beautiful weapons (almost too nice to carry). I loved the feel of the EMP. I looked at a lot of Kahrs and Walther PPS.

A great day of comparison shopping and we were the only ones in there for a while, so we had great discussions with the owner. Lots of good info and things to think about before the next addition. All very nice weapons for sure!!!
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I LOVE my G23! It's darn near the perfect sized sidearm for 'most' of my needs.

As for the compensated barrels, stay away from 'em for concealed carry.....just my opinion.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

What is your objection to the Glock C models for concealed carry? I like my 23C for my EDC.
    Guns: Glock 22, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30 & 36
    Rides: 2006 GTO with my turbo system and tune (635 RWHP); 2009 H-D Street Glide with many mods

Quote Originally Posted by GTOGuy View Post
    What is your objection to the Glock C models for concealed carry? I like my 23C for my EDC.
    In low light situations the extra flash coming from the top of the gun could blind you. Or if you have to shoot from retention the gasses can injure you.

Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

You will not go wrong with the G23.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    My buddy and I went to the local gun shop yesterday and did some window shopping. I saw a Glock 21C, 45 ACP with compensated barrel. That was the first Glock I had seen with that option. Is that a good idea in a carry gun? Held the G23 and G27 and liked the feel of the 23 better. I plan on a Glock 23 being my next purchase.

I also held the Kimber Raptor and Springfield EMP. Both beautiful weapons (almost too nice to carry). I loved the feel of the EMP. I looked at a lot of Kahrs and Walther PPS.

A great day of comparison shopping and we were the only ones in there for a while, so we had great discussions with the owner. Lots of good info and things to think about before the next addition. All very nice weapons for sure!!!
    Plain and simple, I just know you're going to go Glock. You'll become a better person overall after you do. There's no looking back. Do what needs to be done.

That's most likely going to be the outcome. With my EMS ID, my local gun shop can order me one through their LE program at an unbelievable price...I almost fell over when he told me. I had to exercise some restraint not to buy it on the spot. No doubt the best gun for the money!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dsee11789 View Post
    In low light situations the extra flash coming from the top of the gun could blind you. Or if you have to shoot from retention the gasses can injure you.

Correct. Compensated pistols are fine for fun and games, but not for carry purposes.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I love my G23. Best weapon.
    Heavily Medicated For Your Protection

I've heard the "4th generation" Glocks are due out soon. Should I hold out a while for them or get the current generation version while I can? I'm not that familiar with Glocks or the upcoming changes. I'm in no particular hurry.

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dsee11789 View Post

Internet lore. I've fired my GLOCK 23 C and Springfield V-10 many times at night. No flash blindness. Zero. They are LOUDER in report, though.

Retention? I would hate to fire any handgun pressed against any bare skin. I have been injured by cycling slides [my fault] and revolvers spitting lead to the side. Shooting is not risk free, and I don't believe porting increases that risk by any great margin.

My G23 ismy companion...like a partner everywhere i go...love it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kahrcarrier View Post
    Internet lore. I've fired my GLOCK 23 C and Springfield V-10 many times at night. No flash blindness. Zero. They are LOUDER in report, though.

Retention? I would hate to fire any handgun pressed against any bare skin. I have been injured by cycling slides [my fault] and revolvers spitting lead to the side. Shooting is not risk free, and I don't believe porting increases that risk by any great margin.
    not pressed against bare skin...in a rare instance a shot may be required with the gun in a position below your face (possibly a close quarters situation where extension of the arms isnt possible)...in that case you will be subject to ported gasses in your face...

Do not buy a compensated Glock. I did (19C) and I regret it. You can not use it for IDPA and when you shoot from the hip or right off your chest, you can definitely feel the gas come right up on your face.

You will not be sorry with a Glock.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links