357 Sig

This is a discussion on 357 Sig within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is Over-penetration in a self-defense scenario anymore of a concern with this caliber vs any of the other Major calibers?? I read a lot about ...

Thread: 357 Sig

357 Sig

Is Over-penetration in a self-defense scenario anymore of a concern with this caliber vs any of the other Major calibers?? I read a lot about how this round can penetrate everything but what I don't understand then is why would it be a good choice for SD?? Wouldn't that be a liability?? Why do Air Marshalls carry it, when in such a confined space and potentially dangerous place to be poking holes? Or is it that the velocity will only aid in expansion and energy dump, not punching holes?

2. Remove Ads

No it is not...Our Local SD uses it as their issue round with a G31. It is essentially a .357 MAG in an auto. Secret Service also uses it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Links