New addition to my Springer family

This is a discussion on New addition to my Springer family within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by resqr9142 Have a little problem with the front sight though. The set screw in the top of the Tijicon night sight is ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New addition to my Springer family

Quote Originally Posted by resqr9142 View Post
    Have a little problem with the front sight though. The set screw in the top of the Tijicon night sight is backing out. I guess its a set screw. My eyes aren't what they used to be and haven't had time to really check it out yet. I just know that when I was aiming it I noticed the screw sticking up from the front post. Tried to fit a hex wrench into it to tighten it and the smallest I have is .05 inches. Sent an email to SA but haven't received an answer yet on how to solve the problem. Anyone here know?
    I just took a look at the Trijicon sights on my SA EMP. The rear sight has a hex screw, but it looks like the front sight has one of those rolled pins that hold it in.

Did you get your Springer new? If so, there should be a small plastic bag with a couple of hex wrenches. The large one fits the grip screws and the small one fits the rear sight.

If your problem is with the front sight, I would take it to a gunsmith and have him secure the pin. If you are brave you could try to tap it back in, or replace it yourself.

Hope this helps.
    Bill Orr
    SMSgt, USAF (Ret)

NRA Life Member
    Utah and Idaho CCW holder

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by orrwdd View Post
    I just took a look at the Trijicon sights on my SA EMP. The rear sight has a hex screw, but it looks like the front sight has one of those rolled pins that hold it in.

Did you get your Springer new? If so, there should be a small plastic bag with a couple of hex wrenches. The large one fits the grip screws and the small one fits the rear sight.

If your problem is with the front sight, I would take it to a gunsmith and have him secure the pin. If you are brave you could try to tap it back in, or replace it yourself.

Hope this helps.
    Bill thanks. Yeah, I bought it new and have the two hex wrenches. The problem was with the front sight and the roll pin as backing out. I very gently tapped it back in and should be good to go for a little while. At least until it works its way back out again. I sent another email to SA and will follow up with a phone call Monday. I haven't heard back from them yet via email. Hope I can get through on the phone.

Besides that, the only other problem I see so far is the left side bottom outside edge of the slide is shiny where the parkerizing has worn off. I can only assume its from rubbing on the slide release tab. Is this normal? Its barely noticable but on a brand new gun I do notice it.

After 300 rounds and the slight buffing I gave the feed ramp, cocking lug and chamber throat and fine layer of grease on the slide rails and cocking lug the durn thing is sssssmmmoooooth! Love the way it shoots and its dead-on accurate.

Thanks for the info everyone. Gonna have to go out and get a carry version of this weapon before too long.

Bud
    Ruger MkII, Kel Tek P3AT, Hi Point JH45, SA XDm9, SA XD9sc, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded Micro
    Life is fragile and is what we make it. Keep dear to your heart that of your loved ones and fellow man and by God don't try to take it from me or my loved one's.

Yep, nice 1911 you got there. I want one too but I want one without a bushing. I just hate messing with the darn thing. It's just one of my little quirks. I hate barrel bushings on 1911's. I find them to be a pain in the neck.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links