New addition to my Springer family

This is a discussion on New addition to my Springer family within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got this crazy idea in my head that I wanted to upgrade my .45 so started looking at 1911's to see what all the hoopla ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New addition to my Springer family

Got this crazy idea in my head that I wanted to upgrade my .45 so started looking at 1911's to see what all the hoopla was about. Did a bunch of research and then just had to have this one. After going to the range with this sweetheart, NOW I know why so many can like the 1911's. It shoots great!

Springfield Armory Mil-Spec 1911 "Loaded"
    Attached Images
    Ruger MkII, Kel Tek P3AT, Hi Point JH45, SA XDm9, SA XD9sc, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded Micro
    Life is fragile and is what we make it. Keep dear to your heart that of your loved ones and fellow man and by God don't try to take it from me or my loved one's.

Looks great! One of these days I'll have a 1911 in the stable too.

Mike
    SA LW Champion Operator x 2!
    DPMS AR-15

EAJ
    Congrat's on the new 1911. Can't go wrong with a Springer; lifetime warranty and excellent customer service. :)

Congratulations. Won't be long until you want more.

Don't forget to post in the "official" 1911 thread since you're part of the club!
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...11-thread.html
    "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Nice SA congrats!

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Congrats on joining the "Springer Fan Club"! You picked a great one and nice pics.

IMO they are the best 1911's out there for the money. They're not as pretty as other higher priced .45's but they will do their job and then some!

My 1900 Standard has 100k+ rounds through it and is still going strong. It eats ANY ammo I feed it. Had it reparkerized last year as it was looking well used.

Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Congrats on a great addition...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsterguy View Post
    Congrats on joining the "Springer Fan Club"! You picked a great one and nice pics.

IMO they are the best 1911's out there for the money. They're not as pretty as other higher priced .45's but they will do their job and then some!

My 1900 Standard has 100k+ rounds through it and is still going strong. It eats ANY ammo I feed it. Had it reparkerized last year as it was looking well used.

A 100,000 rounds?

What parts have you replaced? Any signs of metal fatigue?

VIP Member
    Congrats on the new 1911... Springers are great...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    A 100,000 rounds?

What parts have you replaced? Any signs of metal fatigue?
    Yep it has around 102K rounds through it and no signs of breakage or fatigue. Replaced the extractor around 70K and change out the recoil and mag springs as needed. Also use a Wilson Shok Buff that gets replaced every 500 rounds to keep the battering down for range practice. Take it out for SD use as I don't trust em as they can tie up the pistol if they do come apart. I'm semi handy but have a retired Gunners Mate Chief buddy who is a fantastic 1911 gunsmith and works for beer. He gives it a thorough annual check up for me.

I'm sure there are others here who have 100K through theirs also.

Must say many of these were reduced power handloads that I cranked out when I had my old Dillon 450 and shot the crap out of it for the first 8 years.
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Can't really agree.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsterguy View Post

on the 'not as pretty' comment. My edc (Springfield Armory )is either one of the 'prettiest' I have seen, or I need some serious spectacles!
    It looks much better in 'person', but even the photo seems a good indication to my eyes.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

Thanks everyone. Did a bit of a polish to the feed ramp and throat at the chamber to feed HP's a little smoother. Took it to the range and after 300 rds ball and 50 HP, no firing or feeding problems. Accuracy is almost as good as my XDm but maybe I just shoot that more comfortably. Not sure.

Have a little problem with the front sight though. The set screw in the top of the Tijicon night sight is backing out. I guess its a set screw. My eyes aren't what they used to be and haven't had time to really check it out yet. I just know that when I was aiming it I noticed the screw sticking up from the front post. Tried to fit a hex wrench into it to tighten it and the smallest I have is .05 inches. Sent an email to SA but haven't received an answer yet on how to solve the problem. Anyone here know?
    Ruger MkII, Kel Tek P3AT, Hi Point JH45, SA XDm9, SA XD9sc, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded Micro
    Life is fragile and is what we make it. Keep dear to your heart that of your loved ones and fellow man and by God don't try to take it from me or my loved one's.

TGC
    Congrats...I love my Mil-spec....it's my favorite.

looks sweet man. I can't wait for the day I bring home a 1911!
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

Yep, I agree Springers are great.

I just got my EMP 40 SW, and now I find myself longing for an Operator Champion!!
    Bill Orr
    SMSgt, USAF (Ret)

NRA Life Member
    Utah and Idaho CCW holder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links