Walther PPS

This is a discussion on Walther PPS within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I used to be a Walther PPK fan about 25 year ago but rid of several only because I was young and needed the money. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walther PPS

Walther PPS

I used to be a Walther PPK fan about 25 year ago but rid of several only because I was young and needed the money. I recently have been looking at the 9mm PPS. I like how thin the gun is but the trigger on the gun's I have dry fired many times while looking feel like they have grit or sand on them. Is this just me or has onyone elso noticed this. I have and still own a couple glocks and XD and the triggers seem much smoother. I have shot what I own and they are sweet. I am shying away thus far on the PPS due to what I noted above. Any input appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    While I notice some grit to the trigger pull, it doesn't seem too bad to me. It seems to have got better the more I have shot it too.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I like my PPS trigger better than my Glock.

My wife owns a 9mm PPS which she bought new. I have fired it quite a bit. The trigger is a little gritty at first but after several hundered rounds it has smoothed out nicely.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    PPS is my favorite gun. I have nearly a dozen EDC class pistols and the PPS gets the nod every day. The trigger smooths out after a couple boxes of range ammo.

VIP Member
    My wife had a PPS for a while. I ran several hundred rounds thru it. Extremely accurate pistol from my experience. However, I don't really trust Walthers for defensive carry, just my opinion, yours may vary.

As I posted, I was always a Walther fan. Everytime I look at the PPS at my local gun store the person there says "surely your not going to replace your Glock 26 with that (meaning PPS) are you? The trigger is definetely gritty feeling new on the PPS

The trigger improves a great deal after a few hundred rounds, and I will echo the sentiments above that after it breaks in the break is much better than a Glock.

Hey locally they have PPS's at $585 is that a decent price they have the 9mm and I think the .40 both $585

Try an advanced search on thread title with PPS in the title. You'll probably get more info and opinions than you want. A quick search returned 115 threads with PPS in the title.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by C Bennett View Post
    Hey locally they have PPS's at $585 is that a decent price they have the 9mm and I think the .40 both $585
    Around me they want $625 to $650
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Quote Originally Posted by bradktn View Post
    The trigger improves a great deal after a few hundred rounds, and I will echo the sentiments above that after it breaks in the break is much better than a Glock.
    I prefer the Glocks reset,alot!

sss
    Quote Originally Posted by C Bennett View Post
    $580 at BudsGunShop.com and no state sales tax. The sales tax is always what ruins buying locally for me. :(
    "A professional politician is a professionally dishonorable man. In order to get anywhere near high office he has to make so many compromises and submit to so many humiliations that he becomes indistinguishable from a streetwalker." - H.L. Mencken

VIP Member
    Right around $600 dollars in Va. for a new one...........used as hard to find! They are good guns, BUT A LITTLE OVER PRICED....& I own one!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

The lack of smoothness throughout the trigger pull is caused by the firing pin spring bugling against the side of the firing pin "tunnel" as the spring compresses.

To minimize this, remove the firing pin and using a Q-tip, clean and lube the tunnel. Do not over lubricate! Excessive lube in this area will follow the firing pin, exit the firing pin hole and contact the primer of the chambered round. Not a good thing.
    The above comment was posted on the PPS Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links