IF/When I sell the Glock what should I get

This is a discussion on IF/When I sell the Glock what should I get within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been able to do nothing more than hold these 3 guns im looking at in my hand..thats it..ive looked at the local ranges ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IF/When I sell the Glock what should I get

IF/When I sell the Glock what should I get

I have been able to do nothing more than hold these 3 guns im looking at in my hand..thats it..ive looked at the local ranges and no one has any available to shoot. I also dont know of anyone that has any of the 3 available to shoot either. so im going in kinda blind..but those are the 3 that ive studied gotten info on that seem to be what im looking for for CC..something Thin and that feels good in my hand. the 3 are in no particular order. Im not very worried about any weight issue as to me they are all light or at least not heavy after carrying a full size 1911 for a time..so none are any heavier than that :) . im also not worried about having a few rounds less than a double stack. I carry a 5 shot Snubby at times and feel just fine with that and 2 reloads(speed strips).

I believe the Walther and the HK are around the same price. I can currently get the Walther PPS in 9mm or .40 for $585 I have seen the HK P7 for a bit less but thats not including shipping..ive seen the C grades for around $525-540+ shipping FFL deal probably comes out to around $570??? so almost the same as the PPS.
    The S&W I honestly dont know what a nice example goes for ive not seen one locally for some time now.

So what should I target??

1. S&W 3913
    2. Walther PPS
    3. HK P7
    4. Sig P239

2. Remove Ads

What Glock is on the chopping block?

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    What Glock is on the chopping block?
    glock 23, Glocks just dont fit my hand ...great guns just not for my hands. I tried to convince myself otherwise for far too long now :)

Sounds like you will need to handle each one to be sure it is right for you. Glocks fit my hand well, except for the subcompact models.
    Guns: Glock 22, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30 & 36
    Rides: 2006 GTO with my turbo system and tune (635 RWHP); 2009 H-D Street Glide with many mods

PPS
    Confidence is the feeling you have before you realize the full measure of the situation.

The p7 is an awesome handgun. Thats my vote.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Suggestions

This is just my personal preference, but I would exclude the H&K because I don't like the feel of the squeeze cocking feature, and would go with the S&W 3913 or the Walther PPS. The S&W is a classic single stack 9mm with many fans, while the Walther is a new design with some interesting features. You might have trouble finding the S&W, however, as they are out of production and you have to locate a used one.

I would also put Kahr into the mix, since you're looking for a single stack gun with thin profile. I've had very good experience with a Kahr MK9, the small all steel model. For your application the larger K9 (steel) or P9 (polymer) might be comparable to your other candidate guns.

Finally you haven't mentioned the Sig P239, a single stack with aluminum frame that is comparable to the S&W 3913.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by GTOGuy View Post
    Sounds like you will need to handle each one to be sure it is right for you. Glocks fit my hand well, except for the subcompact models.
    I have done so, I cant get any of them to actually shoot.just dont know anyone that has one or anyplace that rents them..but ive at least held them all and they all feel good in hand.

Unless you're stuck with 9mm, grab a Glock-36, you won't believe the grip.
    It costs nothing to pick one up.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Second for the PPS if the Glock doesn't fit your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    This is just my personal preference, but I would exclude the H&K because I don't like the feel of the squeeze cocking feature, and would go with the S&W 3913 or the Walther PPS. The S&W is a classic single stack 9mm with many fans, while the Walther is a new design with some interesting features. You might have trouble finding the S&W, however, as they are out of production and you have to locate a used one.

I would also put Kahr into the mix, since you're looking for a single stack gun with thin profile. I've had very good experience with a Kahr MK9, the small all steel model. For your application the larger K9 (steel) or P9 (polymer) might be comparable to your other candidate guns.

Finally you haven't mentioned the Sig P239, a single stack with aluminum frame that is comparable to the S&W 3913.
    I actually LOVE the squeeze cocker one of my favorite parts about that whole gun.The squeeze cocker was one of the reasons I wanted to get a P7 in my hand to see if Id like the squeeze cock part..and I loved it. But your right...I honestly did forget the Sig P239. So add the 239 to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Unless you're stuck with 9mm, grab a Glock-36, you won't believe the grip.
    It costs nothing to pick one up.
    ive read about too many problems with that Glock model..I was gonna check it out but I think im gonna skip it..out of all the Glocks ive read are reliable(and they are) thats the only one ive seen multiple reports of problems with. And yeah I was thinking of keeping it 9mm or .40 just because I have a good amount of bot ammos on hand and like both calibers..I would however be able to practice more with 9mm because of cost.

How about getting a grip reduction on your Glock? If that is your only issue with it, it's an easy fix.

Check these folks out-

http://www.rosssportinggoods.com/612600.html
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

sigh....I wish I had my G23 back. Or my G19....I always think the grip on a Glock is bad and I always come back to one or the other. Another G19 is in my future. I'll eventually learn my lesson and quit getting rid of them.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

another glock.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links