Glock G27 9mm & 357 sig Conversion

This is a discussion on Glock G27 9mm & 357 sig Conversion within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok so I just picked up a new Glock 27 with night sights and am interested in getting a 9mm and 357 sig conversion for ...

Thread: Glock G27 9mm & 357 sig Conversion

Ok so I just picked up a new Glock 27 with night sights and am interested in getting a 9mm and 357 sig conversion for the gun. As far as I know all's I need to make the gun run 357 sig is a factory Glock 33 barrel? Also for 9mm I would need the Lone Wolf conversion Barrel as well as G26 magazines? Is there anything I am missing to make the gun run 100% with all three rounds? Any other suggestions on barrels and parts that would be better then the Lone Wolf and factory Glock barrels?

If you are going to cc with the 9 I would swap out the mags, ejector, and extractor. But if you are going to get the .357 barrel, I would choose this for cc.

As far as the 9mm conversion I just did it with my G27, all it needed was at Storm Lake (or Lone Wolf either works great) 9mm conversion barrel for a G27 and G26 magazine and then it was running great. If you want to fully change your G27 to 9mm I would reccomend getting a 9mm extractor and ejector. Can't speak for the .357 sig conversion but I would bet you'll need a .357 sig conversion barrel for a G27 and .357 sig mags.

Other members correct me if I'm wrong on the .357 sig barrel for a G27, you'll have to make sure you get a conversion barrel specifically for the G27, you can't just use a G33 barrel in a G27 because of the thickness of the barrel won't fit/feed correctly in the G27. That's how it is with the 9mm conversion barrel and I would think it's the same as the .357 sig.

Definitely get the 9mm conversion barrel it's very fun to shoot, the ammo is cheaper and honestly...I've thought about fully converting mine to the 9mm cause I shot it so well.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by chrise2004 View Post
    As far as the 9mm conversion I just did it with my G27, all it needed was at Storm Lake (or Lone Wolf either works great) 9mm conversion barrel for a G27 and G26 magazine and then it was running great. If you want to fully change your G27 to 9mm I would reccomend getting a 9mm extractor and ejector. Can't speak for the .357 sig conversion but I would bet you'll need a .357 sig conversion barrel for a G27 and .357 sig mags.

Other members correct me if I'm wrong on the .357 sig barrel for a G27, you'll have to make sure you get a conversion barrel specifically for the G27, you can't just use a G33 barrel in a G27 because of the thickness of the barrel won't fit/feed correctly in the G27. That's how it is with the 9mm conversion barrel and I would think it's the same as the .357 sig.

Definitely get the 9mm conversion barrel it's very fun to shoot, the ammo is cheaper and honestly...I've thought about fully converting mine to the 9mm cause I shot it so well.
    According to lone wolf the G33 barrel fits the G27. Also I was under the impression that the G33 and G27 magazines were the same? If not I'll defenitly be picking up G33 mags to go with the barrel. Also Im most likely going to get both conversions.

I too am a fan of the Glock 40 to 9 conversion. I first converted my Glock 23 to 9mm with the Lone Wolf 40-9 conversion barrel and 9mm magazines. The functioning was flawless. I later changed out all of the internals to 9mm. My conversion has never malfunctioned after thousands of rounds. I'm perfecly comfortable in carrying this conversion.
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by randyc74 View Post
    I too am a fan of the Glock 40 to 9 conversion. I first converted my Glock 23 to 9mm with the Lone Wolf 40-9 conversion barrel and 9mm magazines. The functioning was flawless. I later changed out all of the internals to 9mm. My conversion has never malfunctioned after thousands of rounds. I'm perfecly comfortable in carrying this conversion.
    Randy where did you buy your extractor and ejector from? just curious cause i think I'm gonna go that route with my G27.

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Lonewolf Distributors is the best place to get OEM parts and barrels IMO. The mag follower on the .357's are different, but you can run .357 in .40 mags, and vice versa. If you use .40 mags you can also squeeze in an extra .357 round into the mags.

Quote Originally Posted by chrise2004 View Post
    Randy where did you buy your extractor and ejector from? just curious cause i think I'm gonna go that route with my G27.
    Lone Wolf Distributors stocks a complete of GlocK factory and aftermarket parts.
    Lone Wolf Distributors - Products
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by randyc74 View Post
    Lone Wolf Distributors stocks a complete of GlocK factory and aftermarket parts.
    Lone Wolf Distributors - Products
    I don't know why I never stumbled across this before.

Thanks Randy.

NRA Member/Supporter

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I'm looking at getting the G22 and a 9mm conversion barrel. If all works well (and the money tree blossoms) I'll get the.357 Sig barrel also. I'll probably get a Storm Lake over the Lone Wolf. LW is a few bucks cheaper, but it cost $10 to get rid of that silly looking logo, which brings it to about the same $ as SL.

I have a Storm Lake barrel for my G30 to shoot lead reloads, but time and weather have prevented me from shooting it yet. I'd really like to shoot 200 grn SWCs in it; hopefully they will feed.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links