Defensive Carry banner

Sig SP2022

11K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Bfunk 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any experiance with this gun? I found one on sale for $400 + shipping which from what I have found is a steal. My loving gf has offered to buy it for me for my bday this month and I want some peoples opinions on it. Its between that gun, or a new tactical flashlight, spring assist knife, 1000 rounds of 9mm, and some small things... (she's tooooo generous):danceban:

#2 ·
Buy it!

I bought mine with the intention of giving it to my mom after a discussion about her buying a gun for the house. The gun and price were perfect for her intended uses. After I bought it I took it to the range, it's been in my safe ever since.

I own 6 Sigs, and it has one of the best triggers of them all. At that price point for a new pistol, I can't think of a better gun.

Hope that helps.

#3 ·
I have one in .40 s&w. I have had it for 3 years now. It is discontinued and replaced with the P250. It does not come apart easily like other Sigs. To remove the slide it is similar to a Browning Hi power. It does have a longer trigger pull then other Sigs. It will take some getting used too. It is accurate once you get the feel for it. You will get a good price for them since they are no longer in production. I have put over 2000 rounds through it and have had no problem. The mags are costly here in Canada I paid $60 per mag and they are only 10rnd mags at that. All in all it is a good pistol.

#4 ·
I have heard mixed reviews on the size of the grip, some say its exceptionally thick. Have either of you noticed or had an issue with this?

#7 ·
I have one in 40 ,It's kinda large for CC but not too bad for a range gun,I had some friends shooting and one guys wife really liked the 2022 and she shot quite a few guns including some 1911's

#8 ·
Run, don't walk and BUY it...or else I will! :image035:

I have a SIG P239 9mm and a SIG Pro 2022 9mm and love them both.

I like to tell people it's like a Glock built by SIG-Sauer.

#9 ·
Every one I have talked to speaks highly of them. Have shot them a few times, and several friends, including LEO have them and use them regularly. One of Sigs more underrated guns.

#10 ·
I have one and is a true Sig despite the price. I paid $439 for mine delivered from Buds. The gun has an excellent trigger, night sights, decocker; all the features of a Sig costing twice as much. Plus it is well balanced and light.
The grip size is really not a problem. The gun is certainly not compact, but in the right holster it is a joy to carry!
The holster I use is called City Slicker and it 's a leather holster from Grizzle gun leather.

This is how nice and snug it carries:

#11 ·
I have never had issues with the grip size, but I have large hands. It's smaller than my full size 226, and about the size of a 228.

As a comparison, my other polymer 9mm is an HK P30. The HK cost twice as much as the 2022. While the HK has better ergonomics, the trigger is complete crap compared to my Sigs, and the 2022 has one of the best triggers among them. The quality of both pistols is excellent. If I could only keep one of them, the 2022 would stay.

It's hard to beat a quality pistol with a smooth trigger pull and a nice crisp trigger reset at any price. At $400 its a steal.

#12 ·
I went to vances to get my hands on one today, i liked it, but i liked the P250 more, they have a 9mm two-tone on sale for $449... ahhh choices choices.

#14 ·
I haven't owned a P2022, but I did have a P2009, the P2022's predecessor and I really liked it. If it had the standard rail I would still have it.

You may find some negative remarks about it's not all 'steel' like the classic Sigs, but the classics are not all steel either, they are steel on aluminum. The P2022 is a steel slide running on steel guides. I think the advantage of that is, like a Glock, they can run dryer than the classics.

#15 ·
I have the P2022 in .40S&W. I heartily recommend it; check out SIG Forum and you will find many, many happy sigPro owners. Gunsmith extraordinaire Bruce Gray, who could use any SIG he cares to build for himself, uses a P2022 as a duty weapon.

#17 ·
Thanks for the input guys! i'm going to order one on my lunch break today! :banana:

#18 ·
well bad news, I waited too long and they had sold their last p2022 yesterday.

the good news is I got myself a new P250 9mm compact in two-tone:comeandgetsome::danceban:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.