Get rid of SIG 239 for Glock 30???

This is a discussion on Get rid of SIG 239 for Glock 30??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For the first time ever I am considering getting a Glock. I dont mean that in a bad way, they just never felt right in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get rid of SIG 239 for Glock 30???

Get rid of SIG 239 for Glock 30???

For the first time ever I am considering getting a Glock. I dont mean that in a bad way, they just never felt right in my hands, and I always thought they were as ugly as sin. But I always regarded them as accurate, reliable handguns. After handling a Glock 30 that belongs to a friend of mine Im seriously considering getting one. However to do this I really need to get rid of one of my other guns. It only makes sense that I would get rid of the 239 9mm. I like the 239 but it does sit in the safe most of the time (I love my 220) The G30 is slightly longer in length, shorter in height, and slightly wider. It only weighs a few ounces more loaded than the 239 does empty. It also holds 10+1 45ACP as opposed to the 8+1 9mm. But something still tells me to hold onto the Sig. Its well built, shoots great, and looks great! I will probably finalize my decision after I get a chance to shoot it, but otherwise Im torn...

Suggestions?
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    For the first time ever I am considering getting a Glock. I dont mean that in a bad way, they just never felt right in my hands, and I always thought they were as ugly as sin. But I always regarded them as accurate, reliable handguns. After handling a Glock 30 that belongs to a friend of mine Im seriously considering getting one. However to do this I really need to get rid of one of my other guns. It only makes sense that I would get rid of the 239 9mm. I like the 239 but it does sit in the safe most of the time (I love my 220) The G30 is slightly longer in length, shorter in height, and slightly wider. It only weighs a few ounces more loaded than the 239 does empty. It also holds 10+1 45ACP as opposed to the 8+1 9mm. But something still tells me to hold onto the Sig. Its well built, shoots great, and looks great! I will probably finalize my decision after I get a chance to shoot it, but otherwise Im torn...

Suggestions?

I have some silver if you want to trade me for your gold......
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I own both... As much as I love the .45, I wouldn't give up my 239 for the Glock. Not in the world I live in, anyway. Now in a true SHTF situation, the Glock would be the only choice due to caliber and capacity. For EDC, the Sig rules.
    Sig Sauer P239 SAS DAK 9mm (EDC)
    MR Micro Desert Eagle .380 acp (BUG)
    Glock G30sf .45 acp (HD)
    Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader 12ga (HD)
    WASR 10/63 AK-47 7.62x39 (SHTF)

Sounds to me like you want the G30. Go for it...they're both only a thing.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Trade a sig for a glock? Words fail me.

If you will get more use out of the Glock then do it. I have no use for safe queens. Sigs are prettier. Glocks are tougher.

hard to be tougher when half of you is plastic.... JUST KIDDING! keep the Sig, get the Glock - years from now you'll be kicking yourself for getting rid of it.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

No, not in this lifetime.

Get the Glock, keep the Sig if you can somehow manage both.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Get the Glock, keep the Sig if you can somehow manage both.
    +1!!^^^^^^
    Both the Glock and Sig are fine pieces.....
    Maybe cut back on that extra cup of "joe" or meal out.....
    Skip that "winning" Lotto ticket this week....
    Carpool to save gas.....
    There ARE ways to save $$...none quite as pleasant as SPENDING it, of course...especially on "toys".....but if you get creative, you can come up with ways to "squirrel" spare change that will allow you to keep from having to part with the Sig....and still get the Glock....
    Good luck!

IMO the Sigs are top shelf pistols, but so are the Glocks. If it was me, I'd keep the Sig and save for the Glock. I know what cha mean about it sitting in the safe and doing nothing, but I like to build my inventory with new pistols and shy away from trading and swapping. You'll always come up short on the trade (price wise) and for me, years ago when I would trade around, I always found myself regretting my decission later down the road. YMMV

Good luck with your decision. Both are excellent defense pistols, and you can't go wrong with either one.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    FWIW, I can't tell you how many times I've read a thread that included words to the effect:

"I don't know why I sold that gun, I've regretted it ever since"

Good luck on your decision, both are great guns.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I'm pretty much in agreement with the others; if you can afford to keep the Sig, do so. Once it's gone, it tends to stay gone, and you're always wish you still had it (even as a Safe Queen).
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I'm pretty much in agreement with the others; if you can afford to keep the Sig, do so. Once it's gone, it tends to stay gone, and you're always wish you still had it (even as a Safe Queen).
    ^^^^^YEP^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mastifflover View Post
    If you will get more use out of the Glock then do it. I have no use for safe queens. Sigs are prettier. Glocks are tougher.

^^^^^^^^NOPE^^^^^^^

Sigs are Prettier, AND tougher IMHO

G = Guns | PG = Plenty of Guns | PG-13 = More than 12 guns
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Well, here's a different twist. The Glock 30 isn't "slightly" wider. It's a LOT wider. 1/8 inch is enormous on a carry gun. Don't consider the slide. That's not what makes a carry gun invisible. It's the grip. The Sig P239 has a microscopic grip, compared to the G30.

If you're considering a Glock. I'd recommend the 36. Grip is WAY slimmer and very comfortable to carry. I'd compare it to the P239, any day. I have both.

I think you wouldn't be too thrilled with the size of the 30 once you got it on your hip.

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links