Best SIG for CCW?

This is a discussion on Best SIG for CCW? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking at SIG options for CCW. I'm not interested in a duty pistol. Unfortunately, while SIG seems to do a great job for duty ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best SIG for CCW?

Best SIG for CCW?

I'm looking at SIG options for CCW. I'm not interested in a duty pistol. Unfortunately, while SIG seems to do a great job for duty guns, I'm just not sure they're good for CCW.

The p238 and p232 look like the only viable options, really. A friend recommended the p239. But here's the thing. My Glock 19 is smaller in every dimension, weighs less, costs much less and (this is key) holds almost twice the ammo. I guess what I'm asking is who carries SIGs regularly and recommends them for CCW. Thanks.
    On duty: Glock 21 SF (.45) w/ Safariland Cobra Tactical holster & Remington Hallow-points
    CCW: Glock 19 Gen 3 (9mm) w/ Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster
    Magtech Hollow-points

2. Remove Ads

Take a look at the P250, particularly the subcompact (which is only out in 9mm at the moment). I carry one, and it's a great gun for carry.

While holsters specifically for it are rare, it should fit pretty much any 239 holster, as the shape is the same on the slide, it just has a shorter grip.

really do you need 15 rounds?
    in a SD situation 3 maybe 4.
    come on man if you need 15 or more something has gone real bad.
    if all hell brakes loss take ;your rifle.

Sig P245 is a very nice option as well. That 238 is TINY!!! It is however a .380 Many believe that caliber to be marginal for SD purposes. It is a very nice handgun though.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I CC my full size 220 everyday! And LOVE it!
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

I carry a P229 without any problems at all.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

VIP Member
    P250 it's way lighter then most of the other sigs. Totally underrated gun and it shoots great!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Administrator
    250, 225 (P6), 228, 245 are the ones I'd check out.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    P220, and P226. Been doing it since day one, although I just went wheelie, and its bigger and heavier then my sigs.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

225/P6/239(cause i like it better than glocks),sc250,229.

Polymer Sigs should be considered

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm Lassiter View Post
    A friend recommended the p239. But here's the thing. My Glock 19 is smaller in every dimension, weighs less, costs much less and (this is key) holds almost twice the ammo.
    I have a P239 and a Glock 19 and you are right - the Glock is slightly smaller and lighter, but has greater ammo capacity (16 vs 9 in 9mm). If light weight and high ammo capacity are important to you, you would always pick a polymer double stack gun over a metal framed Sig. I believe that people who CCW metal frame Sigs are not deterred by the weight, and may view it as an advantage in fast, accurate shooting.

For a real apples to apples comparison, however, you should compare a polymer frame Sig to the Glock 19. If you look at the Sig models SP2022 or P250 compact in 9mm, you will find that they are roughly equivalent to the Glock 19 in size, weight and capacity. Here are photos of these two Sigs from the company website:

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

I have the P232, .380. It's easy to carry in IWB, and if I have too, it's small enough to stick in a front pocket with/without pocket holster. It only has a 7 round mag, but like others say, in most situations, you'll not need that many. If worried about penetration, there's plenty of topics discussing the 380 caliber, but with the right load, I feel safe with it. While I do not carry it all the time, I feel comfortable enough to carry it when the situation occurs that I can't carry one of my others.
    BLONDIE: You may run the risks, my friend, but I do the cutting. If we cut down my percentage... cigar? Liable to interfere with my aim.

229 with a good belt and holster combo is a great carry.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

I routinely carry P220, P225, P226, and P228. I prefer to carry the biggest I can. Sometimes I can dress around the gun, other times I just have to pick what I can conceal. If I had to pick one, it would be the P228.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Senior Moderator
    I'm evaluating a Sig P250 full-size in .45 ACP currently. So far I like it a lot. For $375, I can order a grip, slide, and magazine to convert it to a 9mm, of any size I prefer. A top quality new gun for $375 and I can change calibers and size without going through a background check.

If this thing stacks up even with a Glock, I'm gonna have a new friend!!

I should add, it is only available in one of the best out of the box DAO triggers I've ever tried.

But, I'm not to the point of making an all out recommendation.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links