Sig P250 SUBCompact

This is a discussion on Sig P250 SUBCompact within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone own/handled/fired one of these yet? On paper it seems to be what I want for a concealed 9mm. I've handled a 250 full size ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SigIsTheAnswer

Thread: Sig P250 SUBCompact

Sig P250 SUBCompact

Anyone own/handled/fired one of these yet?

On paper it seems to be what I want for a concealed 9mm.

I've handled a 250 full size in the store and it feels great, like the DAO trigger. My dealer was supposed to have one this week, but his shipment was a small fraction of what he was promised. He now does not know when he will have a subcompact P250 for me to look at.

What are your impressions? How does it compare to the full size? What do you like or dislike about it?

Thanks,
    ThumperACC

2. Remove Ads

I have and carry a 250sc 9mm, and I love it!

It's comparable in size to a glock 19, identical styling to a slightly slimmer 239, but with a glock 26 grip size. It takes the full size mags, as well, for a 17 round reload and feeds perfectly from them.

It's small enough, and I'm big enough, to pocket carry it in a Nemesis pocket holster when I'm wearing cargo pants.

Shoots surprisingly well, and just about lets you get your pinky on there if you've got smaller hands (my fiance's pinky fits snug on it). Accurate, but requires some practice because of the combination of the small grip and long trigger, like a j-frame in many respects. Astonishingly comfortable to shoot for a subcompact.

Mine has been perfect through 370 rounds so far.

I have the compact in .40 s&w. I really like how it feels and it is extremely accurate. If you love it, then get one!!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

VIP Member
    Hi,

I have the compact in .45 and love this gun. It's like a hammer, simple and works every time. Accurate as heck too!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ananael View Post

It's comparable in size to a glock 19, identical styling to a slightly slimmer 239, but with a glock 26 grip size. It takes the full size mags, as well, for a 17 round reload and feeds perfectly from them.
    Good to know, thanks. Didn't know it took the big mags.

It's small enough, and I'm big enough, to pocket carry it in a Nemesis pocket holster when I'm wearing cargo pants.
    I was wondering if pocket carry would be an option. Might have to give it a try if I buy one. I am really leaning toward buying one but I have to feel it in my hand first.

Accurate, but requires some practice because of the combination of the small grip and long trigger...
    I hear you, but considering I am practicing with my Micro Desert Eagle right now, I think the 250 Sub will feel like it has a huge grip by comparison. The MDE also has a long DAO trigger (9 lbs to boot).

Good to hear.

Thanks for all the info,
    ThumperACC

Shoots surprisingly well, and just about lets you get your pinky on there if you've got smaller hands (my fiance's pinky fits snug on it). Accurate, but requires some practice because of the combination of the small grip and long trigger, like a j-frame in many respects. Astonishingly comfortable to shoot for a subcompact.

Which Nemesis holster are you using for it and does it cover the trigger? I currently use a Nemesis for my p11 but I ended up using a Jframe nemesis holster for it because it fit better than the Nemesis holster made for the P-11.

Senior Member Array SigIsTheAnswer's Avatar
    You realize that is a modular firearm. You can convert it to a full size.

Gun Review: SIG SAUER P250 9mm 2SUM | The Truth About Guns

P250 2SUM

As nutnfancy put it, it is a mail gun, as the trigger assembly can be removed. VERY handy. Plus it is a Sig so it is ordained to be a machine that never quits and is more accurate than you can be.
    Sig Sauer P516, Sig Sauer P229 Scorpion, Diamondback DB-15, Beretta PX4 Storm compact, S&W Bodyguard .380, FN Five SeveN 5.7.

Semper

I had that exact gun for a time. Bought it primarily for its modular benefits during the height of the ammo shortage. Started with the sc, bought a 15 rd mag with grip adapter for a spare. Ended up carrying it with the 15rd'er instead. Liked the longer grip enough I bought a compact grip module and trimmed the rail to fit my slide, then bought a 17 rd mag. In the meantime I picked up the .45 FS kit. Started carrying it a good bit. Carried that gun I various configurations for about 8 months. Loved the trigger.

I started to get the itch for an all metal gun, and sold the P250 setup to buy a Beretta 92FS, my house gun, and a Glock 30 for carry duty. Had money not been tight I would have kept the Sig, and may buy another if the funds come available.

Can't go wrong with the P250 IMO.

Edit: The ability to buy a caliber exchange kit without another background check was another big plus. As SITA said, the trigger unit is the only regulated part of the gun. After a little practice, you can do the exchange in under 30 seconds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have and carry a subcompact 9mm 250 also. In fact, I own more than one complete 250. I like the fact that there are no unnecessary controls on the gun. Mine have been flawless in over 3000 rounds. No one has mentioned that the 250 has second strike capability in case a round fails to go go bang the first time you an keep squeezing the trigger.

If you like the trigger, buy one you'll love it!

Love my p250 compact 45. I carry it in a fox little Foxx holster! I'm thinking about getting the subcompact grip and mag for summer time carry

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Fun bit of knowledge. When Sig first ddeveloped it, it was a flop and disaster. No one really knew what to do with a modular pistol. Very fancy actually. It is really starting to blossom I think. The more I think of the handyness of the removable trigger assembly the more I am moving up the P250 on my list. You can't go wrong with any P series Sig.
    redbirddog5 likes this.
    Sig Sauer P516, Sig Sauer P229 Scorpion, Diamondback DB-15, Beretta PX4 Storm compact, S&W Bodyguard .380, FN Five SeveN 5.7.

Semper

Trigger Pull DAO 5.5 - 6.5 lbs

Off the Sig site. That is pretty dang sweet if you ask me.

Semper

Quote Originally Posted by SigIsTheAnswer View Post
    Fun bit of knowledge. When Sig first developed it, it was a flop and disaster. No one really knew what to do with a modular pistol. Very fancy actually. It is really starting to blossom I think. The more I think of the handyness of the removable trigger assembly the more I am moving up the P250 on my list. You can't go wrong with any P series Sig.
    Interested to see how the new 320 works out. Haven't seen one in the wild yet. Wonder if the grips and mags are interchangeable with the 250?

At lanthin...that's the million dollar question question. Hopefully they will interchange and the price of mags will go down.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I have a 250sc in 9mm and it has been a dependable carry gun. It was actually the first gun I bought. My only complaint is the very long trigger pull. It now sits in my safe and is one of my backup carry guns. I think I have read the mags are interchangeable on the 250's and 320's. I have decided to go with a .45 for carry, and I am actually a better shooter with my new carry.

Links