glock 27 9mm conversion...extractor/ejector questions

This is a discussion on glock 27 9mm conversion...extractor/ejector questions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello everyone i'm just trying to get this straight when it comes to the glock conversions for a 9mm. I currently own a storm lake ...

Hello everyone i'm just trying to get this straight when it comes to the glock conversions for a 9mm.

I currently own a storm lake 9mm conversion barrel and it has been great had a few stove pipe failures with cartridges not fully ejecting. I've read on here and several other sites to get a 9mm extractor and ejector and this will solve the issue. I was just wanting to confirm with someone who has done it that these are the correct parts:

Lone Wolf Distributors - Product Detail

I emailed Lone Wolf and Storm Lake and haven't heard back from Storm Lake but Lone Wolf just keeps saying you don't need those you just need the barrel and mags that's it.

Anyways, thanks in advance for the help as always!
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

I have 4 of them, and none of them needed an ejector or extractor. Now, I DID have problems initially. I traded out the .40 ejector and extractor from my G17 to my G35. It had no effect.

I upped the load from a lower/mid-range to full tilt SAAMI max and haven't had an issue since. It just takes more oompf to move that .40 slide!

Dan

Ps--Nice lookin' boxer in your avatar. Looks about like mine!
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Quote Originally Posted by chrise2004 View Post
    Hello everyone i'm just trying to get this straight when it comes to the glock conversions for a 9mm.

I currently own a storm lake 9mm conversion barrel and it has been great had a few stove pipe failures with cartridges not fully ejecting. I've read on here and several other sites to get a 9mm extractor and ejector and this will solve the issue. I was just wanting to confirm with someone who has done it that these are the correct parts:

I emailed Lone Wolf and Storm Lake and haven't heard back from Storm Lake but Lone Wolf just keeps saying you don't need those you just need the barrel and mags that's it.

Anyways, thanks in advance for the help as always!
    You are correct sir. Are you using 9mm mags? I initially just bought the barrel and no mags and I had some issues. I then got 9mm mags and it was good to go.

Later down the road I bought a G-23 police trade in and did a full tilt conversion to 9. I swapped out the extractor and the trigger housing. I now use that gun as a dedicated 9mm range gun. And my original G-23 is my night stand gun. Can never have enough Glocks.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Ditto on the 9mm mags.
    Unless you're using ultra-lite 9mm loads, there should be no reason to change out the extractor.
    Give it some time and use good ammo.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

those are the ones I used when I changed over a 35 to shoot 9mm.
    Bend the knees, smooth is fast, watch the front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    You are correct sir. Are you using 9mm mags? I initially just bought the barrel and no mags and I had some issues. I then got 9mm mags and it was good to go.

Later down the road I bought a G-23 police trade in and did a full tilt conversion to 9. I swapped out the extractor and the trigger housing. I now use that gun as a dedicated 9mm range gun. And my original G-23 is my night stand gun. Can never have enough Glocks.
    Thanks Danimal. I'm currently using 9mm glock 26 mags and it works fine. I'm just so pleased with the 9mm and how quick/accurate i shoot with it I just want to fully convert it. Thanks for the confirmation I appreciate it.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

conversion barrels are ok for range use, but the breech face is still machined differently for 9mm & 40cal, which means it won't be at it peak reliability potential. for that reason i wouldn't use a conversion pistol for self defense.

that being said, all you do is change out the barrel, extractor, and mags.

you can use the same extractor and mags, but with possible diminished reliability.

also you must use a conversion barrel, a g26 barrel will fit loosely in the g27's slide.

Links